1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Showdown Introduction and Bases

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Xarn, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Pokémon Showdown

Pokémon Showdown is a simulator created to give the competitive players the posibility to easy make battles against other players without much effot. This simulator allows you to participate in the different Tiers of the Competitive Game.
    Using only your Internet connection, it is more easy to battle because you don't need to wait the connection and the 3DS to enable all the requirements to start a battle.

How to enter in Showdown

Usually here is the location of Showdown, but we are in Lake Valor right now so you will like more this link because this is the own LV Showdown Server. What does it mean? That here you will be able to find only (almost always) competitive players of this community Isn't that awesome?.

Okay, now that you entered here you will find something like this:

[​IMG]

[SIZE=11pt]So now the first step is to close all the windows. When you end you will find that you cleaned the Main Page of Showdown
    :D[/SIZE]

[​IMG]

Now you can appreciate all the options . The first one that we will use is the "Choose Name" Because this one will allow us to to "Look for a battle" later.

Choose Name

Just select the option that is in the up-right corner of the page

[​IMG]

Okay, after selecting the option this should appear:

[​IMG]

There you can select a NON taken name.

After doing this, your choosen name should appear in the place that said "Choose Name" before.

[​IMG]

So...What now?

[SIZE=11pt]Well you have the some Options at the left of the screen, so lets talk about it ok?

[​IMG]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I will explain the different options then, even if some of them sound pretty obvious for the common eye, maybe you discover something new like I did :D. I will start with the most easy and then go to the difficult part XD.[/SIZE]

Okay...

Credits

Here you can read about the creators, contributors, and too much people that many ignore. But if you are really interest on it you can take a look.

[​IMG]

Okay you have a Suboption named "Full Credits List" that I will not open because I don't see it too much useful to this Tutorial.

Ladder

[SIZE=11pt]Now this is a little hard one because there are many Formats so the Ladder will be different in each one.

[​IMG]

In easy words you can see the accumulated points of the players that are in the high possitions of the ladder, if you get a high possition accumulating points (defeating opponents) in a particular Format you will be able to see yours too.

OU (Over Used) Format[/SIZE]

[​IMG]

I will take the opportunity to explain about this.
    When you win a battle you receive a determinated amount of points but if you lose you will lose them, also your opponents are those that have an equal or aproximated amount of points that you have.

For example if you have 1500 points acumulated you will fight with someone that has between 1495-1550 ( I am not too sure about this yet, but i give this numbers that are aproximated to give you an idea)

Watch a Battle

[SIZE=11pt]Well....this is one has a diffficulty because some users confuse a little the tiers and when they try to search a particular battle they find another Format and confusion starts (maybe this won't happen to you or maybe it will, depends of the person I must say)

So, you select the option "Watch a battle" and then you will find something like this

[​IMG]
    [/SIZE]

The default option is "All Formats" so you will find all the current battles that are happening at the moment.

You can also change the option "All Formats" to the Format that you want to watch. There are Ubers, Over Used, Rarely Used and many others that are currently working.

You are able to "Refresh" to update this page and delete the finished battles from the screen or "Close" if you don't want to watch a battle...or you missed the click XD (It often happens to me)

Conclusion and Next Tutorials

This are the bases of Pokémon Showdown. I will explain "Teambuilder" and "Look for a Battle" options in another tutorial because Teambuilder is a pretty complex option and some people could get very confused with too much info in the same tutorial. Also the "Look for a Battle" option is directly related with the "Teambuilder" option so I will left this one to the next Tutorial.

I hope this works and Sorry for my Bad English :(

Useful Links.

I highly recommend you to visit these ones. Once that you learned all the basics from me you should check all that they have to offer.

The Optimal Play Blog

[member='guimartgon'] Blog allows all the competitive players to have a greater knowledge about the Competitive Game.

OfficialRedG's Pokémon Reviews

[member='OfficialRedG'] Blog gives you many posibilities of keep knowing the Pokémon, you can apply this information for in-game and also in competitive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guimartgon and Ryan like this.
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    What about my PokemonShowdown server guide? D:

3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Yours is pinned in Staff Area since it's a guide on staff commands. :)

4. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    If you think that some info is already new I can remove it if you want . I have no problem :)

5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    No, your guides seem very different to me. Feel free to keep it around. His was a guide on staff commands. :)

6. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Ok thank you for the info Satix. And Kouhai if you think that something should be added here, any suggestion is welcome :)

7. guimartgon

guimartgon Competitive Blog Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Nice! This will probably be very handy to newcomers!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Xarn likes this.
  8. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    For now it is working very well. As you can see I added your useful blog to the tutorials hoping to complement our works to keep helping the new and experienced competitive players as we agreed before :)
    I hope you do the same and it is an honor to work with you side by side ;).

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Awesome @[member="Satix"], glad to hear it :)
    @[member="Darkest Ninja"] would you mind going over the guide with me? I'd like to help you improve upon it if you'd be interested!

10. XxGinger-the-starxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    awesome sensi! This will e very helpful to newcomers I think .3.

btw if you don't like me calling you sensi you can just tell me and i'll stop X3

11. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I really like being called as you like, sensi makes me feel proud of helping you but what makes me feel proud is that you pay attention and you listen to every word. You can call me with the name as you prefer as long you keep being my friend xD

Any invitation to work side by side with another member is always welcomed. Send me a PM and we will talk the details :)