1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Showdown TeamBuilder and Look for a Battle

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Xarn, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Pokémon Showdown Teambuildier and Look for a Battle

As you can see this is the next part of the "Pokemon Showdown Introduction and Bases" tutorial, so you need to read it first before to continue with this. And remember this is for the players that are trying to enter in the Competitive Game. (that is my other tutorial if you want to know, you can find other tutorials made by me in the Conclusion of this Tutorial)

Teambuilder

We open this
    [​IMG]

This option allows you to build a team or more as the name says. But what the name doesnt says is that you are able to create a team for a particular Format.

Okay, you opened the option and this should appear

[​IMG]

You can appreciate 2 options:

Backup/Restore All Items: This option makes you able to restore saved teams.

[​IMG]

So if you save a team on your computer (making a Backup) you will be able to Restore it even if you deleted the cookies :).

Inside the option.

[​IMG]
    You can return to the last menu with "Team List" option. Or Save your current teams :D

New team: Allows to start building a team.( Don't worry I will explain it in a while XD)
    [​IMG]

Inside the option you will find this

[​IMG]

Here you have 4 displayed options.

Team List:
    [​IMG]

As I ready explained, allows you to back to the last menu

Import from Text:

[​IMG]

You can load saved Pokemons or Pokémon sets that you obtained. This usually looks like this:

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Scald

Not only with Keldeo XD..You can do it with any Pokémon :D

Import/Export:
    [​IMG]

With this you can load Teams from a text like the option "Import from text", the difference is that you will load all the team in one step.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    Timid Nature
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Scald

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Bullet Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt

Raikou @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pressure
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Defog
    - Healing Wish
    - Psyshock

Start Building a Team

Okay, we have to select the option "Add Pokémon"

[​IMG]

When you do this a full list of all the Pokémon (of the selected Format) should appear

[​IMG]

So you select the Pokémon that you want and you will be able to start editing it to build it like you want.

[​IMG]

When you open it you can select the Item that you want in your Pokémon, in my case I selected "Black Glasses" (20% + Damage with Dark moevs). After that you will have to choose the ability, Defiant in my case.

[​IMG]

So after doing that we will have to choose the attacks. The list showed has all the attacks that the Pokémon can learn from Level, Tutor, Event and Egg, so maybe some of them could be incompatible. This means that you wouldn't be able to use one of the moves and also you wouldn't be able to "Look For a battle".

[​IMG]

So after choosing all the attacks you will get access to the EV's and IV's editing area where also you can edit the Nature of your Pokémon. If you don't know what does "EV's" and "IV's" mean you can watch my other Tutorial (I have another useful tutorial in the Conclusion). So this is how my IV's and EV's are distributed in my Bisharp and also you have the selected nature below.

[​IMG]

Now we only need to repeat the process adding more Pokémon using this option.

[​IMG]

When you finish with your team.

[​IMG]

This is all about teambuilder.

Look For a Battle

You should select the option. "Home"

[​IMG]

Now in the Home Page you should select the Format of your Team

[​IMG]

Once you did it now you can "Look for a Battle"

[​IMG]

And now you are fighting agains someone! haha!

[​IMG]

All that you need to do now is to select with which Pokémon you will start.

Now you know all that you need to play in Showdown :D.

Conclusion

I hope this works, remember, I am still working on my English :(

Useful Links.

I highly recommend you to visit these ones. Once that you learned all the basics from me you should check all that they have to offer.

The Optimal Play Blog

[member='guimartgon'] Blog allows all the competitive players to have a greater knowledge about the Competitive Game.

OfficialRedG's Pokémon Reviews

[member='OfficialRedG'] Blog gives you many posibilities of keep knowing the Pokémon, you can apply this information for in-game and also in competitive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...