1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What do you NOT want in Gen Six?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What do you really not want in these new games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    No more musicals--it;s boring just dressing the Pokémon and watching

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I don't want a bunch of Gen 6 Pokémon that evolve only by trade, so that I will need 2 3DS systems for. Hell, it still remains to be seen if I can get even one of them.

4. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I'm pretty sure a router is cheaper than a second 3DS though, so you could just get one and trade with one of us maybe.

5. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Yeah I suppose, but still the idea is really annoying to me, I hate being forced to trade for evolutions.

6. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Agreed...and it's even harder for those who can only obtain the games through roms, and I really don't like using the cheatcodes just to catch a Pokémon and fill up the dex.

What I don't want to see is these extremely long scenes that the recent games have had, yes scenes are needed, but I liked them better when they were short and to the point, not having to wait 5-10 minutes for the NPCs to stop talking and let me get on with the traveling and/or battling.

7. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Luckily my little brother has a 3ds I can use, so trading isn't an issue for me!

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Everything confirmed for fire fighting.

9. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I don't want to see a tonne of legendaries like they did in the 4th generation. How can they be legendary if everyone is? the 4th generation introduced fourteen legendary Pokémon, instantly decreasing the value of each. Rare, maybe, like Rotom, but legendary? It simply isn't necessary. More rare Pokémon is worth more than more legendaries.

10. moominmama239

moominmama239 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I really don't want their to be heaps of trade with a (something) to evolve. I have no one that I can trade with, and finding the items takes too long

11. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    More legendaries... There are too many of them already @_@ Just keep with the casual number of like...5 total. Maybe even less would be nice haha. I also don't want Safari zone >:'c I can never catch Pokémon in there and when I do it's because it's a common critter. Never played them in the games and probably never will... Although I do miss the bug catching contest

12. froaking#1

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'm pretty sure NOBODY wants fennekin to become a fire/fighting. And I really don't want any more of those suckish Pokémon like dunsparce or delibird, unless they evolve into something like gyarados or slacking. Then I'd be satisfied.

13. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    No more HMs, or at least make them less of a hassle. Gen 5 was really good about making the HMs unnecessary to complete the main game, so that was a step in the right direction. I'd like it if they were more of a passive ability, though. Like all the Pokémon able to learn Cut can use it outside of battle without needing to actually know it (once you have the right badge, of course). And then you can still have the moves as TMs in case you want to teach it the move for battle (Surf <3).

I agree. I'm not a big fan of legendaries, but rare Pokémon like Drifloon and Volcarona are cool.

Aw, I love Delibird, but I seem to be in the minority.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    List things you would hate to see in Gen 6!
    • TM's only usable ONCE
    • Pokémon evolving through streetpass
    • Cheesy, unoriginal storyline
    • Fire/Fighting starter
    • When you have used a healing item on your Pokémon, it goes straight back to the bag and you have to keep clicking again and again.
    • When a repel runs out, you have to go back to the bag, instead of them giving you the option to spray another right there.

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Light and Sound types. Pokémon doesn't need new types, they are balanced enough as it is. It made sense to add new types in Gen 2 cause there was a major imbalance with Psychic being way too overpowered with no effective counter and almost no resistances in Gen 1. It's not the case anymore. Light type to me is incredibly cliche and lame, I don't want to see it. I don't mind Sound type idea as much but I'd still not enjoy seeing the new types some people rave about.

Also I don't want to see a bike that works like it does in say HeartGold where you have to gain momentum when you start and stop. You don't have to make bike physics 'realistic' in a damn Pokémon game, the bike is just to travel faster and that slowing as you stop and starting slow shit just slows you down overall.

Tomatketchup likes this.
  16. Slugkid

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Roaming legendaries.
    Too many legendary Pokémon.
    Rock/Ground and Water/Flying Pokémon.
    Having good TMs replaced for not-so-good TMs (Roost :( )
    That thing where you need to somehow get the other version's legendary Pokémon so you can capture the trio master in your own game, requiring you to borrow someone's legendary (As seen on HGSS with Rayquaza or BW with Landorus)
    Pokémon Musicals, ugh.
    The Battle Subway. I much prefer the battle frontier.

17. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    As Doima said, the bike momentum.
    Returning to the bag after using, say, a Potion.
    Craptastic/ cliche storyline.
    As Achromatic said, TM's to be usable only once. I did grow with the series being only able to use them once, so perhaps instead being only able to use them three times would be better.
    Roaming legendaries, i.e. Raikou and Entei.

18. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Basically all of this and also an overabundance of features that need you to have friends that play irl in order to use (though we know that's not gonna happen) I never ended up using the entralink or pass orbs or the whole passerby hq bullshit. Also I could never fully evolve some Pokémon that needed to evolve by trading.

19. Tomatketchup

Tomatketchup Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Online-only secret bases. They sucked. I want the R/S/E secret bases back. :(
    Electric is still a bitch to fight tho. :D

20. Slugkid

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Lack of type weaknesses (Other than ground) is why most electric typed Pokémon are pretty frail and have weak defenses. Lots of them are glass cannons, really, if they have any offensive potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.