1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Accidental Shiny Latias?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deltheor, Dec 13, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    As some of you know, I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Alpha Sapphire at the moment (which you can read about here if you're interested), and I'm pretty far in the challenge at the moment. I recently got to the part where you meet up with Steven and go rescue Latias from Team Aqua. I wasn't sure if I was going to add her to my team or not, but one of my teammates died during the fight with Matt, so I was considering it.

I named her Elethia, as I usually name my Latias. I went to check her nature after the cutscene, and I first saw that she was Calm, then I looked to the bottom screen and-

[​IMG]

Here's my Trainer ID with my name and ID number on it, as well-

[​IMG]

I had no words, honestly. I was speechless for a while, then I started freaking out, haha ( @[member="Achromatic"] and @[member="LostSpirit"] were on a call with me so they can testify to that). I didn't even know the gifted Latias could be shiny! I EV-trained her up and she's so fun to use, she's also helping me get over my unfortunate dislike of Latias.

Either way, I'm really proud of this shiny, as it was one I really like and it came totally out of the blue, haha. Just thought I'd share it with you guys!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Noctis likes this.
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    GG no re, Alpha Sapphire. Congrats on your shiny, I remember the reaction well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Gg. Gg. Ggs all around. No re. Wow.

4. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Whoo! Nice find Del! Way better than another Volbeat, haha.

5. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    ohh my god I didn't even know gifted Pokémon could be shiny. Congrats!

6. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    That's pretty cool! I didn't think that it could be shiny because of the cutscene where it shows the normal version!

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    :O How can people be so lucky, why do I never get shinies :/

Anyway congrats Del :D

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Oh man you're so lucky. Super congrats! She is so beautiful.

9. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I think I will dub this month "Month of the Shinies", because everybody, myself included, just seem to be finding shinies left and right. Anyway, congrats on the find Del, I'm sure that you are elated!

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    After all those shiny Volbeats you got something by accident. Nice!

11. guimartgon

guimartgon Competitive Blog Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Nice! I always call my shiny Latias Gold Digger(awful pun, I know).

I have the crappiest luck with shinies, out of the 5 I've found without egg hatching, 3 of them were found on 4th gen in those sections were you have a teammate, so you do double battles and in order to catch a Pokémon in double battles you need to take the other Pokémon out and all of those 3 shinies I found in double battles were KOed by my partner ._.

12. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    *applauses* That's really good o.o

13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    "Oh it's calm nature, that's not bad" *looks down* "a..a...asdfghjk"
    Congrats Del!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.