1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Akihabara Corner - For Anime & Manga chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    [​IMG]
    Hey fellow anime and manga enthusiasts! Welcome to Akihabara Corner for all your anime and manga chatting needs! Here you can make some friends while talking about anything Anime/Manga-related!

Before you begin, here's a little set of rules so everyone can get along! (Remember to follow the rules of the forum as well!)

â—‡ Posting less than three words is prohibited!
    Your post must be at least three words to cut down on spam.

â—‡ Respecting is the best thing!
    Please respect other members to keep this thread fun for everyone. Don't hate if something's not your style.

â—‡ Stick with the topic!
    Please try to stay on-topic so the discussion doesn't go out of the world of anime/manga. If you want to talk about something else, head over to the other chatting threads! (The Union Room and The Lunch Table)

That's about it! Let's have fun and release our inner otakus!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    reshirams_cool likes this.
  2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Well then... what should our first topic be? O.o

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Well, what are you guys currently reading and/or watching?

4. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Akihabara would've been a better choice than Tokyo, juuuust saying /brick'd to death

I'm watching Fairy Tail, Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, Sailor Moon, Nanatsu no Taizai, Akatsuki no Yona, Magic Kaito 1412, Donten ni Warau, Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works], and Donten ni Warau. I'm reading Fairy Tail and its spinoffs (Fairy Tail Zero, Blue Mistral, Fairy Ice Trail or w/e it is), Noragami, Magi, Shokugeki no Soma, and Gakkyou Houtei. Will be picking up Nanatsu no Taizai, Akatsuki no Yona, and Donten ni Warau once their anime end.

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    JFC, how do you keep up with life??????????? I have a hard enough time watching Soul Eater and doing college and LV stuff.

So yeah, Soul Eater's what I'm watching right now. I'm not exactly moving through it very quickly though, haha. Blame the fanfics I found. XD After I finish the anime I'm going to read the manga to see just how much it differs (though I already know it's very different, haha).

6. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I'm watching JewelPet and Tamagotchi, and I'm reading my Tamagotchi mangas.
    I have quite a few Tamagotchis mangas but they're all Japanese; however, they're fairly easy to read because they're for children and the dialogue is quite simple.

ConfettiCat likes this.
  7. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Ayyy a manga and anime and corner. I recommend to watch Kuroshitsuji unless you like Dark animes this one is perfect for you xD

reshirams_cool likes this.
  8. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I have no life, what are you talking about. It's not too hard for me since I don't have many classes per week (I had a total of eight last semester, plus I had Fridays off) and seldom have a lot of homework to do. That being said, I actually fell behind most my anime a few weeks ago; I'm almost caught up, though.

Kuroshitsuji's awesome~ I've seen the first season dubbed with a friend and read ~30 chapters of the manga. Stopped because I got lazy :c Might try reading the manga again since I do need more manga to read, haha. Also considering getting back into D.Grey-Man and Pandora Hearts. (And One Piece.)

Achromatic likes this.
  9. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Oh I love Pandora heart too!~ Hi Five c: (owo)/)

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Soul Eater? I love Soul Eater! The manga gets a little more in depth and really brings the story to a new level! The show itself is vastly different and pretty good as well. I absolutely love the music.

11. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Yeah, I've definitely gathered that the anime leaves some things out compared to the manga. Should be an interesting adventure though. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty close to the Book of Eibon arc, so that'll be fun.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    You're right, gonna give the topic title a change, thanks!

Right now I'm watching One Piece, and reading Bleach and One Piece, all of which are ongoing weekly.

13. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Yo Soul Eater is awesome! The characters are just so ridiculous and I love it :D

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Has anyone here read or watched all of One Piece? I'm really curious.

15. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Eyy. I'm not very big on anime but I'll pop in here when I can!

I have not. It doesn't really seem like my thing.

As for what I'm currently watching... Inuyasha, that's it. It got really slow but now it's picking up again, yeey.

I'm actually rewatching it, I was way into it like 8 years ago. But I pretty much forgot everything and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

16. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I actually haven't watched any anime in quite a while... I started Blue Exorcist and Fairy Tail, but I haven't been able to continue them :/

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I don't watch much anime either. I'm not a big anime person, I feel like I enjoy Manga way more. So far I've only watched One Piece, Bleach and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

18. reshirams_cool

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I've run out of list of anime to watch, so I browse through different manga sites for a series to follow. But for now, I'm waiting for Shingeki no Kyojin season 2's release, hehe.

What kind of anime (genre) do you like?

19. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I've watched quite a few different genres of anime, and I honestly can't say that I really prefer one over the other. Sometimes I like to watch a more serious anime, other times I want to watch something that requires you to turn off your brains xD I have yet to watch an actually bad anime...

20. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I've watched and read many genres but I usually stay away from horror, thriller or gore.

I've read Bleach, Beast Master, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Panic!, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, Wolf's Rain, Elemental Gelade, Tokyo Mew Mew, some of the Pokémon series, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, DN Angel and many more. Some of them I haven't completed or just stopped - I did this to Bleach and I'm contemplating whether I should continue reading it due to the recent chapters... Decisions, decisions.

I've watched some of the anime versions of the manga but not usually. I've also watched Black Jack, Cardcaptor Sakura, PMMM, X'amd: Lost Memories, Digimon, Kyou kara maou, Okiku Furibatte and some.

What are your favourite animes? Or your most hated anime? What if they happen to be one and the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.