1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

XY TEAMBUILDING HELP

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by TheH0LYmagikarp, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheH0LYmagikarp

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    So....yeah, i dont have oras, but got back to xy ever since i found out you can still trade/battle with oras anyways, to the RMT

Greninja
    @life orb timid
    Scald
    U turn
    Ice beam
    Dark pulse

Breloom
    @[member="Toxic"] orb jolly
    Leech seed
    Drain lunch
    Spore
    Seed bomb

Dragonite
    @weakness policy adamant
    Ddance
    Espeed
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Gengar
    @focus sash
    Shadow ball
    Dazzling gleam
    Tbolt
    Sludge bomb

Lucario
    @choice band hasty
    Close combat
    Earthquake
    Extreme speed
    Swords dance

Venasaur
    @vensaurite jolly
    Sleep powder
    Petal dance
    Petal blizzard
    Leech seed

Thats it..i need help with this, its terrible i know but thats why im here xD and im trying to keep this team revolving around my dragonite so help me out ladies and gents dont have to be nice i take hard criticism well -3-

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    These are a couple of suggestions...

Remove earthquake and get a (STAB) steel type move, either bullet punch (priority) or Iron Tail.

Venusaur should have giga drain isntead of petal dance, and have sludge bomb instead of petal blizard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Choice Band Lucario with Swords Dance?
    You should ask for a competitive mentor, send me a PM or search me in the LV Showdown Server
    Choice Band allows you to increase you Physicall Attack stat by x1.5. The problem is that you will be locked in one move. It means that if you use Sowrd Dance you won't be able to use another thing, and if you switch you will lose the boost.
    It also looks look like a group of random Pokémon, that togheder cannot stand a battle. You should check the basics of teeambuilding, i will teach you some if you want.

I can say that you have some pretty ideas that could be competitive viable. I will be pleassed to help ypu to improve as player and increase your knowledge about acompetitive. Feel free to talk me when you are ready.

sorry about my writing, i am on my phone .

4. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    @[member="TheH0LYmagikarp"]
    It'd be helpful for us to know what the intention of each set is for by giving us a description for every Pokémon! Also, what are your EV spreads?

But to work with what's here:
    • Greninja is better off sticking to Special moves given the rest of your team; U-Turn doesn't give you a whole lot of momentum. Even at that, with Greninja getting banned to Ubers (assuming this is an OU team), a substitute like Keldeo would suffice.
    • Breloom is pretty good where it's at, same as Dragonite. They're both standard.
    • This Gengar set probably means you're worried about coverage, and you should. The rest of your team needs this kind of support, and it's pretty good to see that.
    • Lucario is better off with Life Orb instead of Choice Band and Bullet Punch instead of Earthquake. Choice Band won't do the set any good.
    • Venusaur should go for Earthquake/Giga Drain/Synthesis/Sludge Bomb for better STAB and coverage. Using this in conjunction with Breloom isn't bad, but I'd recommend switching Breloom out if you keep Venusaur on your team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.