1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

User Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Prosecutor, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Have there ever been users on Lake Valor that you truly appreciate but you never got the chance to explain yourselves to them? Then look no further, because I present the User Appreciation Thread.

Post your appreciation for individual members here at this thread. I decided to open it up because the last one was moved to Archive a while ago.

So, appreciate members (and staff) now!

Oh goodness where do I start.

@[member="Achromatic"]
    Well Ben, you were the first person to talk to me about Lake Valor. I received the message on November 17, 2014 and I have always remembered that. You are a great person and you are fun and easy to get along with. Also, thanks for answering a lot of my stupid questions when I first joined the forums.

@❀Bloom❀
    We haven't talked to me to each other, but you are a fun person and you are really great and easy to get along with. Your position of Super Moderator is well deserved.

@[member="Nyanja"] and @[member="karatekid770"]
    I know that I haven't talked to either of you in great extent, but I'll always remember that it was the two of you that greeted me to this website along with one of my best friends who is going to be mentioned. I just wanted to say thanks for welcoming me even though there were only a few of you.

@[member="Sheep"]
    You are easily one of the nicest people that I've ever met. You are always in a good mood and you are an excellent choice for administrator. Stay classy Sheep!

@[member="AquawindLugia"]
    I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever talked to you. What caught my eye was the way that you treat everybody here at Lake Valor. You are such a perfect mentorly figure and a lot of members look up to you.

@[member="WainGuy"]
    I didn't know you for my first several weeks here at Lake Valor, but you are one of the coolest people that I've met so far here on the forums. I hope that you keep on returning to Lake Valor, because you are awesome.

@[member="Ricken"]
    *sigh*. You are my brother, so I have to put you in here anyways. Thanks for being such a nice person despite all of the hardships that you have gone through. If one lesson was learned, it's that you shouldn't date in high school. (Hope that wasn't too personal)

@[member="Kouhai"]
    You have been an extremely active member recently and I have loved chatting at the Lunch Table and in the Games Room with you. You are a really fun person and I thank you for that. (As of this post, I have almost exactly 10 more minutes on Lake Valor than you XD)

@[member="Hakuryuu"]
    You have been a member of this forum for approximately five days and you already have an incredible 160 posts. Not bad at all. I have enjoyed our discussions even though there haven't been many.

@[member="Noctis"]
    This is another one of those weird ones. We have been "friends" here on Lake Valor for a while without truly getting to know each other. We really ought to chat sometime :).

@[member="Cinco Diablo"]
    It's been nice exchanging music in the "What music are you listening to?" thread. Also, it's really nice to see you in the games section because that area is a whole lot of fun.

@[member="Pariah"] and @[member="Reckless"]
    Even though you come and ruin our fun in the games room, I have come to look forward to when you guys come to the threads. I like your sarcastic little comments that leave an impact on me (for some weird reason XD).

And finally....

@★OfficialRedG★
    Once upon a time, you were looking for an editor for your blog. Not really thinking much about it at the time, I decided to PM you to become the editor of your blog. Right now, editing your blog is easily one of my top favorite things on Lake Valor. Chatting with you at the Lunch Table, playing with you in the Games room, or just chatting with you in general is really easy. You are a genuinely nice person and you are an amazing mentor and friend. Don't ever change or become unofficial buddy!

@[member="Gengar's Grin"]
    Where do I begin with you? Along with karatekid and Nyanja, you are one of the few members who first greeted me when I came to the site. You are a Contributor, a Gym Leader, and Mentor. You have a lot on your Lake Valor plate, but you still manage to get it all done and get thousands up thousands of posts in the Games Room and other areas around the forums. Our chats have really helped my through a couple of tough days that I just passed through. I thank you for being there for me and all of the members of Lake Valor. You are very Modest and easily the best choice for the latest Lake Valor MOTM. Don't stop smiling, friend!

Sorry if I missed anybody! Don't be afraid to be assertive and PM me if you feel like we have a good bond.

That was fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DIO, Achromatic, Nyanja and 8 others like this.
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'm just gonna leave this here...

@[member="Satix"] and @[member="Achromatic"] I give you guys massive credit for being so involved in the community you've created. I think it's very admirable for you to have kept it up as long as you have, and to have this run entirely on donations. It's not easy. While I'm still new here, I appreciate the work you've done to get Lake Valor to where it is now, and I can't wait to see where it's headed. As always, I'm here for anything you may need, even though you've got @[member="Sanctuary"] ;) I'll make sure I'm available as much as possible when I'm not working on PokeBattle.

@[member="Hakuryuu"] I don't mean to put you on the spot, so I'll put my message here:
    I admire that you keep pushing forward through the tough things you're dealing with. Dealing with troubles of heartbreak and the like isn't easy, and I'll tell you I'm here to listen in case you want to vent - even though we don't know each other.

@[member="Prosecutor"] and @[member="Reckless"] I appreciate you two. I tend to have people that "friend" me because they know me as the admin on PokeBattle, but you guys friended me without knowing or caring. It was a small thing for you guys to do, but nonetheless appreciated since I don't have a lot of people that do that.

I'll probably update/add on to this list as I'm more active.

3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Okie dokie, here goes...
    @[member="Achromatic"] You're so fun and interesting to talk to, and you're honestly one of the friendliest and weirdest people I've ever met. You may be a jerk sometimes, but it's all in good fun and you're just an awesome person to be around!

@[member="Satix"] You are pretty strange, but in a good way? I don't know, I'm looking at my skype messages. You're really funny and gross, but funny. You're really nice! You're honestly such an amazing friend to me, despite that weird stuff.

@[member="Deltheor"] Del, you're amazing! You're so nice, funny, and so artistic! I love your art and your sense of humor! You're such an awesome guy, you need more good in your life.

@[member="AquawindLugia"] AquawindLuigi? Aqua, you're weird and such an upbeat person (most of the time). You honestly don't deserve anything terrible that happens to you because you're such an amazing person who's so friendly. I love you and your obsession with K Project, but I love our conversations way more.

@[member="❀Bloom❀"] Bloom, you have the hardest name to tag, but you're kawaii, so I'll let it slide. Oh before I forget, rerorerorerorero. You've probably stopped reading this post. Oh well. You're so sweet, helpful, and funny. Your attempts to prank make me laugh. I love your reactions to whatever Ben says. You are genuinely one of the sweetest people I've ever talked to.

@[member="shinygiratinaz"] You are awesome. You're so nice and honestly, I don't know how you can deal with the Claim a Pokémon thread or with any of our teasing of the whole well, let's say wait til you're 18 thing. You're so sarcastic that it's funny. You're just great Shiny. Keep doing what you're doing.

@[member="8542Madness"] You're hilarious and just great. I mean the great toaster auction, huge blog post, the entire literature library? Come on, who couldn't like you?

@[member="Reckless"] You are really encouraging and nice! You're always there to deal with the minor details, and such a great poster. I love the way you word things and how innovated you are!

@[member="Sheep"] You're super nice and understanding! You come up with amazing ideas and honestly take so many of Ben's jokes. Peehs. Anyhow, I'm so glad you became admin since you made such a difference to the site!

@[member="Pariah"] You're really kind. I love your hilarious usertitles, and how understanding you are. Honestly, I look up to you a lot, so thanks for being such an amazing person to talk to.

@[member="Nyanja"] Friendliness comes easy to you doesn't it? You're always ready to help and have been such a great member, mentor, and moderator. You really make me happy with your cute little posts.

@[member="Nocturne"] You fit in so well and you're really nice. Your an amazing person who frankly, understands why I laugh at so many jokes from the admins. You're just an amazing person, and I can't wait to get to know you better.

@[member="Noctis"] You are hilarious. I love the things you do. You make such great jokes and you find really interesting things. I just really love your personality since you're so friendly.

@[member="Dragon"] Honestly, you're amazing for pretty much reviving the videogames section and you're awesome. I mean you haven't left the staff team after what me and pretty much did to force you into team ____. So yeah. Keep on doing what you're doing because you're rad.

@[member="karatekid770"] KK, you're really nice and one of the first people I've talked to here. You can't take compliment, so I'm just going to stop here. However, you are one of the people that makes being here worth while.

@[member="Gengar's Grin"] What the hell can I say about you? You're so dedicated to the site and a really awesome person to talk to. You make really funny jokes and you're just a great guy. You make me laugh with your sort of snarky replies.

@[member="Hibikaze"] You're so outgoing and you're a really awesome person! You're so active and you helped out the site a lot! I'm really gald we have a member like you here! You're pretty rad.

@[member="Xarn"] You're really funny. You're super nice to everyone, and you help whenever you can! You're a great person, and I'm glad to have you here!

Okay, my fingers are getting tired, so I'm sorry if I left anyone out! All the members on LV are such great people to me, so I'm glad that I get to know all of you :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DIO, Achromatic, Nyanja and 6 others like this.
  4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    There are so many people ahhh!

@[member="Satix"] Without you there would not be a Lake Valor, so thanks so much for founding this amazing website, and for putting all the hardwork that you have into it! You're also absolutely hilarious and understanding and just generally amazing!

@[member="Achromatic"] You're just so positive a lot of the time it's really nice and you're really nice. You're so friendly and you say some strange things but it's pretty funny and you're funny you're great ok.

@[member="Deltheor"] I really admire your patience, haha. Your art and graphics are fantastic, and you're really funny too. You're strong too and that's really inspiring to me. You're really awesome!

@[member="Sheep"] You're so kind and caring ahhh I was so glad when you became admin! You deserve it. You're patient too and your posts are always nice and also your username is really cute haha.

@[member="8542Madness"] I'll start out by saying, glad you guys are ok ahhhh. But you're so funny, I mean, the Great Toaster Auction? Plus the Lit Library and all, ahaha. When you post blogs they're nice to read too. You also have a really great sense of humor and you're great.

@[member="shinygiratinaz"] I'm glad you're ok too! You're nice and funny and thanks for being active in the RP section! You wield sarcasm well, aha, your comments make me laugh a lot.

@[member="❀Bloom❀"] I hope I tagged that right I guess we'll know when I post. You're so sweet and when we battled you were always so fun to battle! And of course, you're kawaii too! I don't know why but it makes me laugh whenever we happen to quote each other because we'd be changing the text color of our posts. You're incredibly kind and funny, too ahh.

@[member="AquawindLugia"] aRMIN YOU'RE SUCH A SWEETIE. Your art is so cute and amazing and so are you you deserve everything good that comes to you. You're a great mod partner and I look up to you a lot you're just such a close friend to me hhhhh.

@[member="LostSpirit"] I'm glad you joined despite the rather odd way you were introduced to the site, aha. You're super nice and I'm just really glad I got to know you, because you're such an amazing and sweet person with a great and sometimes weird sense of humor. And you've done so much for the site despite being here for a short time it's incredible.

@[member="Dragon"] It's incredible that you managed to pretty much single-handedly revive the VG section! You're a great mod for that section. You put up with us and our jokes, your username is pretty cool, and I don't know you that well yet but you seem like a chill person. I look forward to getting to know you better as time goes on!

@[member="Nocturne"] You're really sweet and funny! I'm glad you became a mentor and a mod, you're so friendly, and while we haven't talked much you're a really nice person and I'm really glad you stayed around LV. We're glad and lucky to have you!

@[member="Nyanja"] Oh my gosh you're so friendly! It's so nice to talk to you and I love reading your posts. You're a great mentor and mod, and I dunno but just talking to you is really uplifting! You're such a sweet person.

@[member="Reckless"] My counting thread buddy, ahaha. You're really creative, I always love seeing the ideas you come up with for your sections! It's also fun squishing the count together, and honestly, you were one of the first people I got to know better after becoming a mod. c:

@[member="Noctis"] I hope you get another computer soon so you can come back soon! It's so amusing to read the things you post because you're really funny, with a great sense of humor too. Also, I still don't know what the business is, haha.

I general, the staff team is really nice and awesome and I'm so glad to be able to work with you all omg.

Goongoor @[member="Gengar's Grin"] Goodness where do I begin. You're really hilarious ok and it's so fun to plan with you and just ruin our characters' lives. You're an amazing person and I'm so glad you joined and that I could get to know you because you are a gift. Idk if this is weird but talking with you helps me get through the day so thank you so much for sticking with me and being my bestie frond.
    snark snark snark fin

@[member="Raptor98"] You really are like a brotherly figure haha. You have an interesting sense of humor, but a sense of humor nonetheless, and you make me laugh a lot. You're honestly really supportive, whether it's when I'm crying over MH or if it's something more personal. So thanks for putting up with me!

@[member="karatekid770"] Just, thanks for being there. You're such a kind person with a big heart and you're so friendly to everyone and you're so funny too. Also you love Aggron and Imagine Dragons so like. How could we not be friends, haha.

@[member="Karzarill"] There are so many things I could say ahhh. Like I've said before it's nice talking to someone who understands, and I'm really glad you got the letter and I hope everything gets better for you. You've been with me when things got bad and I really appreciate that, as well as just being there in general. Thank you so much.

Shout out to the people on the PS server who I talk to as well! Literally everyone here on LV is amazing and I appreciate each and every one of you you guys all are just so awesome never forget that ok.

DIO, Sheep, Achromatic and 7 others like this.
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    @[member="Deltheor"] - You are one of my best friends, and I really appreciate all of the art you've done for LV. We share a lot in common, I think even though we don't notice it I bet we share a ton of stuff in common IRL, haha.

@[member="Satix"] - I really appreciate you making LV, because honestly I'd probably be a very different person, without much to do and little responsibility. I've grown a lot thanks to LV.

@[member="Sheep"] - I look up to you a lot and consider you to be one of my best friends, you've inspired me to be a way better admin around LV, and without you I think I'd lose some one that I feel like I can tell anything to, which would suck. So I really appreciate that.

@[member="Sanctuary"] - I really, REALLY appreciate all of the coding you've done for LV. You've made the site come to life and overall improved it a ton. Even though you get real busy, I'm excited to see what we can together in the future.

@[member="8542Madness"] - I really appreciate all of the shit you had to put up with in the fanfiction section, with all those people breaking the rules. You are da man.

@[member="shinygiratinaz"] - I really appreciate you just being there. I don't know how to describe it but you are a very nice, smart girl to talk to.

@[member="❀Bloom❀"] - I can tell you what I don't appreciate...your name! In all seriousness though, you are so kind, and so sweet. I really thank you for all the dedication you've put in, and all the times I said to you "hey bloom can you give out these prizes for me pls" hahaha

@[member="AquawindLugia"] - I really appreciate you always being concerned for me. You're usually a very happy person and I hope you'll keep on being happy forever.

@[member="Dragon"] - I really appreciate all the effort and threads you've put in to the video games section. You don't even understand how help that was. You transformed it from being dead to super active. I love ya, man.

@[member="LostSpirit"] - I really appreciate how many posts you pump in to LV. If anyone is gonna overtake me, it's you. I have no doubt about it. Keep it up.

@[member="Noctis"] - I really appreciate you being a competitive mod, and especially one who has to deal with some super rude people on Showdown too. Also, I really appreciate that you keep trying to come on despite comp problems.

@[member="Nocturne"] I really appreciate the hard work you're gonna have to do for the sections you've been placed in, haha.

@[member="Nyanja"] I really appreciate your dedication to Clubs and helping make that section more active.

@[member="Pariah"] I really appreciate all of your typos, and how much time you've put in to LV. Keep it up!

@[member="Reckless"] There are so many things I could say, but your dedication to LV and the sections you mod is outstanding, keep up the good work.

And, even though it sounds cheesy, I really appreciate all of you that actually stuck around LV. Without you, we wouldn't be anywhere. So keep it up, and let's have a lot of fun together this year!

DIO, Nyanja, Bubbles and 5 others like this.
  6. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    @[member=★officialredg★], you are awesome! You are so active on this site and it really shows your dedication to LV! You are friendly, down-to-earth and a fantastic presence on the forums. You also manage the WOLV club expertly and in a way that lets everyone have a say.

Also, shoutout to the little showdown chat trio we have, consisting of me, @[member=YouHoney] and @[member=Blisca].
    You guys are such great friends and I always have lots of fun in the crazy shenanigans we come up with!

DIO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.