1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Stat-Boosting Moves

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Nator, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    What's your opinion on stat-boosting moves such as Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot etc?
    They can be very dangerous if executed in the appropriate fashion. Which stat-boosting moves do you tend to use the most? How about the most useless? If there should be new moves that boosts certain stats, what should they be?

As for myself, I tend to use Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Bulk Up, Shell Smash, Quiver Dance, and most recently, Belly Drum the most frequently. I think there should be more moves that focus on more "drastic raises". We have Cotton Guard, which drastically raises Def, and Tail Glow, which drastically raises Sp. Atk. Why not a move that drastically raises physical Atk or Spe? In addition, it would be nice to have more moves that boost accuracy; like a Sp. Atk equivalent to Hone Claws.

In addition, we also have moves that deal damage and have a certain percentage chance of raising a stat(s) (e.g. Ancient Power, Ominous Wind, Charge Beam, Flame Charge etc). Should we have more of these moves as well? How about temporary stat-booster equivalents like Reflect and Light Screen?

Share everything related to stat boosts below!

2. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    I like using stat moves.

My personal favorites are: Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Belly Drum, Nasty Plot, Cosmic Power and Coil.

Yeah i would like to see Hone claws in Sp. Att version. It would make Focus Blast, Hydro Miss, Fire Blast, Inferno, Thunder and Zap Cannon so much better, but that might also be a reason it does not exist.

I would like to see a stat move that raises Attack, Defense ans Speed with one stage. Like Quiver Dance.

3. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    Stat moves are cool

Personally I like using: Geomancy, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Cosmic Power and Coil.

I would like so see if they can make a move that upgrades their evasiveness and accuracy. It makes so intresting that it upgrades
    the stats that were not really memorized by players, and really can be messed up >.<

I want to see moves that upgrade one random stat either defense or sp.defense and speed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NativeBlasion

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    I love stat boosting moves. I think that the main category that needs more attention though is the critical hit boosting stat. There are only so many things that help critical hit, such as sniper, super luck, focus energy, scope lens, and certain moves with a higher critical hit chance. Then there is the unique frost breath which is always a critical hit. Other than that though, the category doesn't get much love at all, and I think more emphasis on it could change the metagame.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Although I don't use them that often tbh, there's some I really like, Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance. I would be nice if they made a Sp. atk version of Hone Claws so special based moves that got not so good accuracy can start getting some love.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    stat moves are the key for winning!
    There is a strategy, having 6 or 5 mons on your team that they are setiing up!(hyper offence teams!)

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I love stat-boosting moves, even though I tend to use really balanced teams. I really like moves such as Swords Dance, Belly Drum, Rock Polish, Tail Glow, Nasty Plot, and Shell Smash. Other ones just aren't my cup of espresso.

I tend to use Swords Dance the most, though I love Tail Glow :)

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Very risky but if you pull it off properly, it's actually very awesome. Dragon and Swords Dance are my favorites. :)

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really enjoy stat boosting moves! My personal favorite is bulk up since it increases both attack and defense which is extremely helpful. Dragon dance is also amazing and will make a Pokémon an instant sweeper if set up correctly.

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Dragon Dance and Swords Dance have always been my favorite stat boosting moves! I'm really bad at predicting good times to use them though, haha.

11. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My favorite Stat boosting moves are Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance. Quiver Dance is such an amazing move that makes Volcarona truly deadly. Even though it has a huge stealth rock weakness, if you set up perfectly, you can buff with with Quiver Dance while also having some sweeping potential. Slap Giga Drain onto Volcarona as well and you can heal back up in combination with the gained special defense bulk. If you're worried about paralysis and a speed drop, adding a lum berry could really help a lot. Otherwise you can give it leftovers for continual healing. Sure Volcarona still has a weak spot for physical moves too, but there is still a 30% flame body will activate causing an attack drop burn, so quiver dance just suits its perfectly.

Another combination I love to do is Intimidate+Dragon Dance. With Gyarados especially, you can switch in on an attacker and cut its attack. This will most likely make them want to switch, providing a perfect opportunity to either set up a substitute or use dragon dance. Combine this with mega evolution and it becomes super deadly. Salamence is another Pokémon that can pull of this technique as well, which is primarily why it became uber. Having good bulk and dragon dance together is a truly frightening combination.

12. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    Dragon Dance is cool 'cuz Speed Boosting. I would say Quiver Dance is good too, but not enough viable users, as Volcarona is destroyed by Talonflame and Stealth Rock.

Swords Dance is a beautiful move that makes Crawdaunt and Bisharp completely wreck teams. Also, surprised no one mentioned Calm Mind.

[3D='slowbro-mega'] [3D='sableye-mega'] [3D='clefable']​
    The trifecta of magical magic. <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.