1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Alma's Rocking Pixels

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Almandine-G, Feb 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    So, I was looking through your always amazing artwork when I came across... your... Mewtwo...! Do you know how much I love Mewtwo? I commend such efforts! You are truly skilled and awesome!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Haha, thanks! I'm glad you like the Mewtwo, he was my way of getting back into pixeling this year, so I'm glad that it looks OK!

And, we have a new update! So I planned to start a pixelling business using my animated designs, and as such have now finally created one for each generation as a way to provide an example to people of what I do and can do. So here they are!

[​IMG]
    I always get a little sad when people put down Meganium as a Pokémon, because I've used it and its actually done surprisingly well for me before. Oh well on that part I guess. I ended up doing Meganium because it's pretty much my favourite starter! It's just so adorable and elegant!
    [​IMG]
    Next is Drifblim. I wanted to experiment with a turning motion in this one and am rather pleased with the result I got from it! I also had a bit of fun with that cloud bob. Drifblim will always remain as one of my favourite mons out there, even if he is as poppable as a balloon!
    [​IMG]
    The only pork that won't cook. For some reason I just really like Emboar. Looking at the typing, he should be a least favourite to me (fire and fighting are the lowest on my favourite types list) but somehow he's just that awesome. An oriental fighting pig with a beard of fire? Sign me up! I used this mainly as a method of animating fire, and for a first image using fire I'm pleased! But it did take multiple tries to perfect haha
    [​IMG]
    Last is a Claydol. I like Claydol, he's a cool mon. I have good memories of running through emerald with Claydol, it could be a real beast when it wanted to be. Gotta love that cosmic power man! This one wasn't really an experiment or anything, it was simply me wanting to design Claydol in this fashion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Your sprite animations are fabulous! I really love the way you incorporated such amazing Pokémon like Meganium, Drifblim, Emboar and Claydol. You have awesome skills! You may have stated this, but do you only do Pokémon? Or do you do trainers as well?

(By the way, Meganium is awesome! I chose it for my first play of Soulsilver)

4. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Thanks! I'm glad someone else likes those Pokémon (And yes, Meganium is totally awesome! *high five*)

I actually am considering doing custom trainers (or even just, regular old trainers) as I did this one of myself earlier. Yep: that's a Goodra plush in my arm because that's literally what I carry around all the time at the minute.
    [​IMG]
    It'd be pretty interesting to do more things like this so I guess when I get round to selling these things I could add that to the list of things! Of course I can do freebee's too for my friends.

brsajo likes this.
  5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Ah! I really like the Goodra plush! I believe it was animated well with the trainer's body. I was thinking of a request, though, but I won't ask until you can, if you can. I really don't want to trouble you.

6. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Well I'm always open to requests! So it's not entirely appropriate for the thread, but if you (or anyone for that matter) wanted something done pms are a way to commission me. Honestly, it's no trouble, it'll get me possibly trying new things!

7. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Alright guys! So things have been slow and I've been pixeling on the side to keep my head on (so no animated stuff rn, all my animation patience is being directed at college work. Sorry @[member="✯Ho-OhLugia✯"] your request is gonna take much longer now T_T)

Anywho here's some stuff I did:
    [​IMG]
    Latias! You've seen me wear this around the forum for a bit so no surprise that I'm putting it here. This was a slight experiment in itself but overall I'm decently pleased with the outcome. I might look back at it one day and maybe oomph up the quality a little but, that can wait

[​IMG]
    We all hype for Magiana (Or, Magearna I'm told but I prefer the first name better) here? I know I am, and that's simply cause it's so kawaii! I ended up pixeling it soon after it was revealed, and may be hyping up to get one of my own <<"

[​IMG]
    If you've seen my Fakemon entry you'll recognize this design. This here is me in the Fakemon contest! I'm pretty happy with this design here, it came out better than I thought it would to say the least! I won't bother sharing stats on this one, you need only look at the Fakemon event for those. Well... Maybe later at some point.

[​IMG]
    Yep, it's the same figure as in my signature. It's a Tamamitsune! Ever since MHX has come out and they revealed Tamamitsune, I've fallen in love with the big bubble dragon. He's just so beautifully awesome! So after finally building up the courage I did this design.

I may or may not go slightly dormant for a while. I still need to do Ho-ohLugia's commission on top of my own college work so the next update me be a bit of time but, hopefully, I'll get it here soon.

Also I changed that title :p

8. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Your pixels keep getting better and better, Red. I'm so, so proud of you ; v ; I like to check back here and see your progress! Hats off to you, pixeling is TEDIOUS and not a lot of people have the patience for it (me included), so you're astounding for making it this far! Keep it up.

Almandine-G likes this.
  9. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    It's okay! You don't have to worry about an early submission, I just want it before I turn 59! Regardless, you are such a talented person and I really love all your sprites! It's really difficult to pick a favourite!

Almandine-G likes this.
  10. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Woo got another update for the portfolio. Still no animated stuff down to yet again, exhaustion from college animation. Hopefully that'll change soon.

First up is a Lapras:
    [​IMG]
    Overall I'm quite pleased with this one because I FLIPPING FINALLY GOT A LAPRAS DONE. Seriously I can't believe it took me till now to get a decent Lapras pixel finished. Well regardless at least it's done now... Phew...

Next is a Ceadeus done in the same style:
    [​IMG]
    Because Ceadeus. BECAUSE CEADEUS. I loved this guy from mh3u so I just had to pixel him. Granted he's uh, a lil cuter than I remember but hey! Maybe it's a baby one? :sweat:

And then there's Mew:
    [​IMG]
    I'm not exactly sure why I did this one but, hey, he's now in my sig! I'm rather pleased with how this one turned out in a sense, though I kinda wish the shading was a lil smoother. Still I guess we just learn from this stuff right?

Now finally, a fusion:
    [​IMG]
    Mewdra! If you haven't seen it yet then I commend you, I've pretty much thrown this everywhere haha. Regardless I'm really happy with the shading on this one, I'm not sure what caused the random decision to shade it like this but I'm definitely happy with it. And the eyes are definitely an area I was happy with :D

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ likes this.
  11. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Red-kun, I am so jealous of your pixeling skills. You make high-quality pixel art in the way others would create normal art. You have such a good eye for anatomy and you're really great with shadows too!
    Keep it up!

Almandine-G likes this.
  12. ClamEatsCurry

ClamEatsCurry Resident Clam

PokéPoints:
    ₽172.7
    I really love your Latias, it's very well done! I also like the Mewtwo, Regigas, Mew, and multiple others! Do you have any others in the works?
    One thing I'd like to add though, the chibis were all broken links for me both on my desktop and phone, any chance you could re-upload them?

13. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    OOF sorry I'm late with responding :sweat:
    Thank you so much aaaaaaaa you're too sweet!
    The others in the works I'm just about to throw into this post! I have a few more as well but those are gonna be gifts for some people so whether you see them or not will depend on the person getting the gifts. As for the animated thingus I noticed that too, I'll try getting to reuploading in a lil bit.

Alright, now for a couple pieces. Only two pieces this time but they're my biggest yet:
    (Spoilers will be used due to their size)
    [​IMG]
    First we got a Miyuki chibi done in 800*640 grid size. I had a lot of fun making this after instantly adopting Miyuki as my daughter from Lucky Star! It was a fun experiment in size as well as working with hair as luxuriant as that. Makes me wish I had flowing pink hair!

(And the other one. Warning: the image is fairly large haha)
    [​IMG]
    I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY WORKED IN THIS RESOLUTION essentially... As an experiment I set myself the task of pixelling something in a 1600*1600 grid, and I'm surprised it even came out like this, I'm super happy with it. Goodra was a safe bet to begin with down to my obsession with the adorable lil cutie, so making one like this was a dream come true.
    I hope to get more stuff wheeled out soon, these were done more as personal stress reliefs for the stresses I feel atm from all the work haha

14. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    I see you gave it the flower. I dig it big time man. Always good work coming from you

Almandine-G likes this.
  15. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG! It's about time I update this old thing with some new wares!

So I've ended up drawing a bunch more recently, and it's in my hopes I'll keep a steady pace of posting new works here. So to begin, let's start with this one I did agessss ago:
    [​IMG]
    A SCOLIPEDE! AND A MUNNA! I can't remember exactly why I did this one but I enjoyed making it I recall. After all, Scoli and Munna are two of my fave mons!
    [​IMG]
    I did this one after finding myself completely obsessed wit 100% Orange Juice. Whilst I don't frequent the game as much as I used to I still adore the characters, and Nanako was one of my faves <3
    [​IMG]
    This here was taken from my work-in-progress Pokémon Poster. I really enjoyed the idea of making a sassy Charizard so this was the end result haha
    [​IMG]
    Yet again, another from the poster. This one took a while to formulate but eventually I got there, and overall I'm rather pleased, even if there are notable issues with it haha
    The next three are all mlp based (For those of you lucky enough to have avoided my rambles, yes I'm now sucked in too haha)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Three of my favourite ponies from mlp (but let's be fair here, I'm gonna like all of them). I really enjoyed making these pieces, and I intend to work on more in the near future. I'm completely absorbed and I'm okay with this haha

That's all for now folks! Hopefully I'll get some more work in for the near future, but for now so long~

brsajo likes this.
  16. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    As always, these are awesome, and I might have an idea as to why you did Scoli and Munna.

In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, there's a Munna who's a main antagonist, and I believe that one of her minions is a Scolipede, or a group of Scolipede. Even if you haven't played the game, that's probably the only link I can find apart from the fact that they're both Gen V.

Almandine-G likes this.
  17. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Red your pixel animation is astounding, its so crisp and clean. May I ask what program you use to animate? Great work!<3

Almandine-G likes this.
  18. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Thank youuuuu! I've never played GTI so it couldn't be that but, well who knows! Maybe I have psychic powers! Maybe I'm the Munna!
    Thank you toooooo! I made the frames in gimp and then used a gif making site to create the actual animated file, nothing too fancy. I'm a sucker for using gimp for these things haha

brsajo likes this.
  19. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Man it has been AGES
    But here I am with a couple of new pieces to present after... what, a whole year now? Huffff this is embarrassing haha
    Okie okie okie the first post then is this Mew! I think most of y'all will recognise it as my sig atm but all the same I better post the full pic:
    [​IMG]

Now the next is pretty... okay very heavily USUM spoilerific. It showcases a dude you can only meet at the end of the game so for those of you who don't want that spoiled I suggest you skip this one haha.

You have been warned. USUM spoilers inbound!
    [​IMG]
    It's ya Golden Boi Ultra Necrozma!

That's all for now! Now that I'm back on track with this drawing stuff you might see more in the near future!

20. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Wow! These are really nice. My favorite one of your old works was your Latias which was amazing. I like your shift from heavily pixel based to smoother, cleaner drawing now. It looks really nice on the eyes and I can't wait to see more! You should also enter the SOTM contests cause you have some really dank sigs there :)

Almandine-G likes this.