1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

It's bonding time!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by LostSpirit, Mar 1, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Generation VI introduces the O-powers!
    As you journey through Kalos in X/Y, you occasionally bump into a man who goes by the name of Mr. Bonding. If you talk to him, he'll give you an O-Power (after some "bonding time") and you'll go on your way.

O-Powers are a modified version of the Entree powers from Gen V, and give you a variety of temporary effects such as an Exp. Point boost or reduction in shop prices. The more you use them, the O-powers would level up and grant more effective effects.

Did you use O-powers? Do you think it's an improvement over the Entree powers? How can O-Powers be improved? What's your favorite O-Power? Any other thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I mained the Hatching Power, but didn't use the other Powers for myself; only on others so I could fully level all of my Powers up. I liked the idea of O-powers, for it allowed more interactivity online. Mr. Bonding himself is a cool character. I wouldn't mind if he made more appearances in future games. One little thing that could be improved with O-powers is the reward they should offer. For instance, I wasn't rewarded with anything when I eventually reached Lv. 3 with all Powers. It'd be cool if you got unlimited use of all the O-Powers once you've achieved that (but only for your own use). The games are super easy anyway, it wouldn't make the said games any easier, to tell you the truth. There's Amie and the new & improved Exp. Share. Those two things alone are already OP.

3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I did use O-powers a lot, they're pretty usefull. I used the hatching and prize money ones the most, they are just awesome. (Also Mr. Bonding is one of the most hilarious characters ever xD)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Hatching and Exp Point were the main ones I used, cause i tried for a really long time to hatch a shiny snover (to no avail)
    But yeah they were pretty helpful to quickly use on the fly (but i really loved the dream forest and all that stuff)

5. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

I didn't really use them that much. I did use the money and Exp. power with the restaurant, but never otherwise.

6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    The only O-Powers I've really used besides the ones given to me were EXP and Prize Money, which I used in the restaurants in Lumiose. Besides that I haven't bothered with them much.

7. manaphy2

manaphy2 Sailor

Reefus
    (Carvanha)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽752.0
    The O-Power that I always seem to use is Exp.... My pokes can reach lvl 100 in just a couple of hours with that one, definetely my favourite!

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I went through and got all of the O-Powers, but I didn't use them at all. I would rather just play the game and not worry about minor little things like that.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The only powers I've ever used is the Hatching and EXP Powers. I don't even get the other ones like HP Power, what does it even do?

10. Nova

Nova Hiker

Rose
    (Skitty)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I used the Exp, Prize Money,und Hatching powers a lot. They're really useful for completing the dex if you need to evolve something/breed something. And a little extra pocket money isn't bad. ;3

11. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    There are some O-Powers that I used a lot in X, like Hatching Power when I was mostly into breeding, and Exp. Point Power and Befriending Power. They were the ones I got the most usage out of. In challenges, the latter two are really the only ones I bother with as they make training and getting happiness easier when needed.

12. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    The only O-Power I have ever used in this game was Capture Power. Really wasn't feeling it during my battle with Yveltal, so I spammed a few Premier Balls at it, with full health; high catch rate helped me here too.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I didn't care for O-Powers for a long while.. only started trying them out post-game when I was beginning to run out of things to do. x'D;; And I was a collector so getting them all to lv. 3 was a must even if it took a while. >c> The hatching O-Power was insanely useful but it was a pain to me to continuously have to re-use it when it ran out so I gave up and hatched normally; was fast enough with a Flame Body Pokémon anyways.

Fun feature to tinker with but personally very forgettable for someone like me.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I actually spammed O-powers on my friends a lot to get them up to level 3. I remember sometimes I'd come on and @[member="Sheep"] would spam me with o-powers to try and level them up. I'd be shiny hunting and I'd try to get to my menu but I'd have to exit from her notification! Still it was a lot of fun and I hope they come back so I can spam her again. >:)

15. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I used O-Powers quite a lot! I still use them in ORAS, but I really did like the introduction of them in X and Y. I got all of my O-Powers to Lv.3, and they helped out so much with breeding and training. The EXP, Prize Money, and Hatching Powers were the ones I used most often, they are incredibly useful. Hopefully they keep a similar mechanic like this in future games!

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Answering my own question (excuse me)

I personally used O-Powers a lot in game. I used them a lot especially with O-powers like EXP, hatching, prize money, and bargain. I thought they were incredibility useful when I was breeding Pokémon and EV training. I'd be happy if it continued to be a trend in the future.

17. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I pretty much only use O-Powers for Breeding Power, though I'm working on my Stealth, EXP, and Prize Powers.

18. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Without O-Powers, I would have never hatched all the Pokémon I have on XY as fast as I did. The hatching O-Power really helped more than anything. I never really used the other powers that much, but the hatching one I used over a hundred times. I did use the prize money power against the e4 once though. I was low on cash and used the amulet coin + the O-Power to boost it so I could afford to waste more money trying to buy every single accessory in the game.

19. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    The only Powers I haven't used are the stat-boosting ones (What do they do?)

20. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Usually I use Prize Power quite often, because I tend to get loads and loads of cash in the Battle Chateau thanks to that. Besides of that, I make use of Hatching Power and Bargain Power at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.