1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[1 × 1] Mysteries of Mega Evolution - Pixel × Illy

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    ~ INTRODUCTION ~
    "Two young Trainers, one from the Hoenn Region, one from the Kalos Region, will encounter each other in an unexpected fashion, and embark on a journey together across both of their home regions. Coupled with the mysterious power of Mega Evolution, they will discover it's many secrets, and find out what the true meaning of power is."

~ SETTING + PLOT ~
    This RP will take place in both the Kalos Region and the Hoenn Region. Both players will travel through the regions, collecting the badges and challenging the league. Along the way, they will also find Mega Stones, aiming to collect every single one. This will allow them to further develop an understanding of what Mega Evolution is, and the mysteries behind it.

~ CHARACTERS ~
    Name: Shiro Hidashi
    Hometown: Fortree City, Hoenn Region (Originally from Malie City, Alola Region)
    Appearance: He looks like this
    Personality: Shiro is generally a quiet, reserved person, who doesn't really interact with the people around him. He's not fond of large crowds or being at the centre of attention. Once he makes friends with someone, he's quite the jokester, and a good listener. Shiro isn't easily provoked, but doing so brings out a side of him that's beyond comprehension. He has some history in the Alola Region, where he was born, that he does not like sharing unless he is very close with a person.
    Current Team:
    Current Awards:

Name: Hunter Renard
    Hometown: Camphrier Town, Kalos Region
    Appearance: (there's a picture, I'll get it later lmao)
    Personality: Hunter is rather talkative, and gets along well with other people and Pokémon. He has a good sense of style, and tries to be as organised as possible. He sometimes makes bold moves because of his impatient nature, which sometimes gets him in to trouble. As social as he can be at times, he often has a hard time understanding people, mainly because of his energetic behaviour. Helikes to think competitively in battle, and places deep trust in himself, his friends, and his Pokémon. Hunter also tends to have a rather large appetite, and makes sure to pack enough food and snacks when he's on the road.
    Current Team:
    Current Awards:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    It had only been a couple of minutes that he had been awake, and Hunter was already bouncing up and down. Neon, his Espurr partner, just stared at the boy wide eyed (per usual) as he started doing his daily chores. "Meowha?" Neon watched as Hunter changed into his normal attire, and started crawling up onto the boy's shoulder.

"Yep! Today's the day!" Hunter beamed, finishing up tying his shoes. He stepped outside his home, taking a deep breath of the air that could only come from Camphrier Town. "Someone in Lumiose sent me a message the other day, asking that I visit the Professor's Lab there. The date was scheduled today, so we better get there before it's too late!"

"Meowrah!" Neon mewled. Hunter smiled, and the two started heading towards the largest city in Kalos.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro stepped off of the train in the station in Lumiose City, stretching his tired limbs.

"Thank you for your patronage, miss! We hope to see you again!" the attendant smiled as Shiro left the train. He gave a friendly wave, then walked away, his face dropping.

"Why do they always think I'm a girl. Guys have long hair too, y'know..." he scoffed quietly to himself. He shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out the letter he'd received from Professor Sycamore.

"Dear Shiro, blah blah blah, Pokémon journey, blah blah blah, oh here it is. His lab is somewhere on South Boulevard, which is the opposite of where I am now." Shiro muttered, before exiting the train station and making his way down the street towards the lab. He also let his Pokémon, Caitlyn the Alolan Vulpix, out of her Premier Ball.

"Sorry about that, girl, but Pokémon weren't allowed out on the train. You can stretch your legs now." Shiro smiled. Caitlyn let out a happy yip, stretching her legs and running a few steps ahead of Shiro.

"Hey, slow down!" Shiro chuckled, following her at his own pace.

#3 Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "It's been a while since we last were in Lumiose, huh Neon?" Hunter let the little Psychic cat onto the ground, now that the two were not worried about being ambushed by wild Pokémon. Neon answered with a little meow, and pointed towards one of inner roads of the large city.

Hunter sighed and said, "No, we can't go over to the Berry Shop again. There's a specific time we have to be at this place..." He took out the note he had gotten, skimming over the words until he found what he needed. "Alright! Professor Sycamore's Lab! That's on Southern Boulevard, if I remember correctly, so..." He looked around for a moment, and then pointed to his left. "That way! Let's go Neon!"

"Meowha?" The little Espurr climbed back onto his Trainer's shoulder, and the two started walking towards their destination.

After a couple of minutes, however, Hunter was not feeling as confident about where he was going. "Umm... I think we passed a sign... We may or may not be in Northern Boulevard now... did we pass it?" Neon mewled softly, which made the boy laugh slightly. "Yeah, this place can be kind of confusing if you don't know where you're going..."

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Eventually, Shiro found the lab. He was glad he did - he didn't want to have to ask a stranger. He wasn't much of a people-person, after all.

He made his way into the lab, where an assistant greeted him, and then showed him to Sycamore's office. As he stepped in, the professor rose from his chair to greet him.

"Trés bien! You made it, Shiro!" Sycamore smiled. Shiro gave a nod - it wasn't every day you met one of the Pokémon world's leading researchers.

"N-Nice to m-meet you, sir." Shiro stammered.

"Oh, no need to be nervous, Shiro." Sycamore chuckled. This made Shiro even more embarrassed.

"S-Sorry, I don't really go out often back home. That's why I agreed to this journey - I wamt to become a confident Pokémon Trainer." Shiro said. Sycamore smiled like a proud father.

"That's what I like to hear, strive for those goals!"

Caitlyn, who had been wandering around the room on her own, suddenly yipped loudly. Sycamore went over to her and gave her a few pats, which seemed to calm her down.

"This little one is yours? A Vulpix, but she's from Alola. You don't see those here every day." Sycamore pointed out.

"Yeah, that's Caitlyn. I got her back when I lived in Alola. It's where I was born, but I had to move away to Hoenn..." Shiro trailed off, pain filling his eyes. Sycamore realised this was a touchy subject, and dropped it straight away.

"Well, Caitlyn's sniffed out the goodies I had planned to give you, so you might as well come see them. First up, your very own Pokédex!" Sycamore exclaimed, giving Shiro a red device. Shiro already knew what it was, so he didn't need an explanation.

"Next up - some Poké Balls. Use them to catch Pokémon and make new friends."

Shiro looked at the Poké Balls. He wasn't a fan of their design, but he took them anyway. He planned to sell them at the Poké Mart and use the money to buy Premier Balls.

"Finally, here are some Kalos-native Pokémon for you to use on your journey! The boy you'd be travelling with was supposed to be here already, but he seems to be running late... So, I guess you get the first choice." Sycamore explained. He tossed the three Poké Balls into the air, and three Pokémon popped out. Shiro had never seen any of them before.

"These three are Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. Why don't you give them all a pat and see which one you like the most."

Shiro agreed, petting the Chespin first. This one seemed like it was a bit too adamant and show-boaty, showing off that it was pet first. Next was Fennekin, who was a lot more modest and thankful for the pet. Shiro really liked this one. Last, was Froakie. Shiro put his hand out to pet Froakie, but the blue Pokémon backed away timidly.

"He's a bit shy around new people." Sycamore chuckled. After a bit of coaxing, Froakie eventually let Shirt pet him. Shiro looked at Froakie, and his mind was made.

"I'm gonna choose this one. His name will be... Isaac." Shiro smiled, holding the Froakie in his arms.

"Isaac, huh. I've never heard of a Froakie with a name like that, but I can't say I hate it!" Sycamore smiled, giving Isaac's Poké Ball to Shiro. "Now, we just have to wait for your travel partner..."

Shiro was a bit nervous to meet someone he'd be travelling around all of Kalos with, but he was grateful that Sycamore had set this up for him. While he waited, Shiro made himself comfortable in the office, picking up a magazine and reading it, while Caitlyn and Isaac played with the Chespin and Fennekin.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Aha! I knew we would find it!" Hunter exclaimed, his hands on his hips, and a wide smile on his face. "It took a couple of minutes, Neon, but we're at the lab now." The boy took off inside the building, leaving his partner behind.

The little Espurr just rolled its eyes, and joined its trainer.

Hunter was told that he was to go upstairs if he wanted to meet with the professor, so he waited until the elevator was available. He and Neon walked in after a few minutes, and went up to the third floor.

There were a couple of lab assistants doing various work on the floor, a kid who was reading some kind of magazine, an unusual looking Pokémon that was playing with the traditional three starter Pokémon of Kalos, and a man with black hair and a lab coat. Hunter automatically walked towards the man, and said, "You're Professor Sycamore, right? You sent for me?"

He was, the man told him. After a couple of minutes, Hunter was told that he had to chose between two of the starter Pokémon available. For some reason, a Froakie wasn't available...

So the dilemma between Chespin and Fennekin ensued. Hunter was rather satisfied with having either of the two, although there were some differences that set the two apart. Chespin's final evolution worked rather well in battle, while Fennekin was rather pleasing with his aesthetic as a trainer. However, his will to do his best in a battle won, and after a small moment of hesitation, chose the Pokéball with the leaf symbol.

He also seemed to notice the kid in the room again, and wondered why they were there as well.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Sycamore called Shiro over to meet Hunter.

"Hunter, this is Shiro. You two will be travelling Kalos together - safety in numbers, also Shiro is from Hoenn - so make yourselves acquainted with each other." Sycamore explained. Shiro looked at the boy. He was younger, and definitely sported that 'Kalos-native' vibe. He seemed nice enough.

"S-Shiro. Pleased to m-meet you." Shiro said quietly, holding out his hand for a handshake. He hesitated for a second, wondering if this might be considered rude in Kalos, but then he went with it anyway.

8. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "So that's why that kid was here for," Hunter thought to himself as he listened to the boy introduce himself. At least... he thought Shiro was a boy. The hair kind of threw off his judgement.

He took Shiro's hand anyways, and shook it lightly. "Nice to meet you Shiro. I'm Hunter. You seem like a really nice person, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you." He smiled, hoping that they would accept them.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro blushed heavily, he wasn't used to being complimented by others.

"T-Thanks, you seem really nice too..." Shiro replied, struggling to make eye-contact.

"Alright you two, your first stop is Santalune City, which is south of here. That's where the first Gym Leader, Viola, is located. However, you can also explore Routes 2, 3, 4, 22, and Santalune Forest if you wish to find more Pokémon. Past Santalune Forest is Aquacorde Town, which is a nice place to go for tourist, and beyond that is Vaniville Town, which is where the current Kalos League Champions, Calem and Serena, live, although they're probably off training or taking on challenges at the Pokémon League, so you'd be lucky to meet them." Sycamore explained.

"Wait, Champions? I thought each region only had one Champion?" Shiro muttered.

"Correct. But, lately, pairs of Trainers have taken on the League together and become Champions simultaneously, which allows for a more exciting Doubles Champion battle instead of just singles." Sycamore said with a smile.

"Wait, does he want us to be the next Champions? No, that's crazy..." Shiro thought to himself. He looked over at Hunter, to see if he was ready to head out.

10. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Wait..." Hunter thought out loud after Professor Sycamore had finished speaking. "Are you trying to get us to take on the Pokémon League together? I'm not gonna lie, that sounds like that would be a lot of fun, right buddy?" He slightly elbowed Shiro, hoping to get a good response.

"Meowha..." Neon made a small little noise as it started walking towards Shiro, and eventually decided to lay on the boy's lap. The little Espurr curled up into a little ball, and started purring slightly.

"Awww, that's so cute!" Hunter smile widened as he watched the two, and said, "Usually Neon isn't that social with other people. I guess you're an exception." He chuckled slightly, hoping he hadn't freaked out Shiro or anything.

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro jumped a little when Hunter elbowed him, but when Neon came and sat in his lap, he felt much calmer. Without hesitation, he began petting the small Psychic Pokémon.

"It's warm... You said its name was 'Neon', right? Is it a boy or a girl? I heard that Espurr has different evolutions depending on its gender, but we didn't have many Espurr back in Hoenn or Alola." Shiro asked.

12. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Huh, Shiro's been to a lot of places before," Hunter thought to himself, watching as the boy began petting Neon. "Neon's a boy, so eventually he would evolve into the male version of Meowstic. Not that he would want to evolve though; I think he likes being little."

He waited a moment for his comment to sink in, and continued. "Speaking of Pokémon, I don't think I've ever seen your Pokémon before. Is it from Alola? I've heard that place is not well known, so I just wanted to ask."

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Oh, my Caitlyn? Yes, she was from Alola. I was born there, but I moved to Hoenn when I was young." Shiro explained. "They have Vulpix in Hoenn too, but they're the other variant."

"So, are you two going to head out any time soon?" Sycamore asked. Shiro stood up, making sure to pick up Neon as well, handing him to Hunter.

"Sure, we can go now, I guess. Caitlyn, Isaac, come. We're going." Shiro smiled. His Pokémon obeyed, saying goodbye to the Fennekin that Shiro and Hunter hadn't chosen, and Shiro put them in their Poke Balls. Shiro turned to Hunter.

"Ready, Hunter?" he asked, this time able to make eye-contact, but only for a few seconds before he felt flustered.

14. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Ah, that sounds really nice," Hunter smiled. As much as he wanted to sit around and talk to Shiro, Professor Sycamore seemed to want for them to go ahead and start on their journey. He went ahead and returned Chespin, took Neon back from Shiro, and stood by the elevator. "Yeah, I think it might be best if we went ahead and left now. Thank you Professor!"

He decided to go in the elevator first, as the machine could only hold one person at a time. After he got downstairs, he waited on Shiro to come down and contemplated on what he wanted to do first. There were a couple of places he wanted to go, but... it would be best to just wait for his travel partner to see what he wanted to do.

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro followed Hunter down to the first floor, and Hunter waited at the front door for him.

"OK, so, where are we going first? I guess we might want to train a bit before the Gym, but there were all those other routes and towns that Professor Sycamore suggested we visit too... I'll let you decide, you're my guide, after all." Shiro chuckled. He was slowly becoming comfortable with Hunter.

16. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Hmm... Well, Professor Sycamore did say that the first Gym is in Santalune City, but like you said, there's plenty of other places to go..." Hunter tried thinking for a moment, although it was kind of hard, considering that Neon was bouncing up and down on his shoulder as they walked. He started walking over to the gate that led towards Route 4, and stopped.

"I heard that there's a special Poké Ball shop around here, but because we're 'new trainers' and all, I don't think we're allowed. So I hope you enjoy the standard Poke Balls!" He entered the gate, and stopped. "It might be a good idea to actually go to a Pokémon Center and stock up on some items before we get going though... heheh..."

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Oh, right, there's something I almost forgot to do!" Shiro exclaimed. He took out Isaac's Poké Ball and pressed the button, letting Isaac out with the blue release beam. Then, he grabbed a Premier Ball and held it out to Isaac.

"You'll like this one better." Shiro smiled. Isaac hopped over to it, pressed the button, and was beamed inside.

"I want to have all of my Pokémon caught in Premier Balls, just like Caitlyn. Also, I am now ready to go wherever." Shiro chuckled.

18. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Oh wow... I had no idea you could do that," Hunter's face had a look of confusion and awe, but he was overall surprised by Shiro's actions. "Well then, I guess it might be a good idea for me to go stock up on items then... heheh..."

He went ahead and walked over to the nearest Pokémon Center, hoping that the shop there would still have enough of the items he needed. Hunter grabbed a couple of Potions and Poke Balls, and in a couple of minutes, he was already back at the Route 4 Gate.

"Alrighty then, let's go. We should take our first steps together, since we're gonna be journeying the region together." Hunter smiled as started walking towards the next route.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Uh, I guess that's fine..." Shiro shrugged. The two Trainers stood side-by-side, and took a step... except that Shiro hadn't realised that his shoelace was untied, or that Hunter was standing on it, so instead of taking a step, he ended up faceplanting straight into the dirt of Route 4. He heard Hunter ask if he was OK, which he responded to with a thumbs-up.

"Oh, uh, is your girlfriend OK?" Shiro heard a passing Trainer ask Hunter. Shiro let out a loud moan into the dirt, his ears turning red with embarrassment.

20. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    As soon as Shiro fell onto the ground, Hunter bent down to try and help him out. He asked if his travel partner was okay, and got a thumbs up as his reply. Some passing Trainer said something to Hunter, although he was moreso paying attention to Shiro.

Neon gave the other boy a small little lick, and Hunter offered a hand to help Shiro up. "Heh, and I thought I would be the first to make a slip up. But we're here anyways, so let's do the best we can with what time we have! Is there a certain Pokémon you'd like to catch, or would you rather train your Froakie? I wouldn't mind doing either, as you're the one who isn't as familiar with Kalos."