1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[1 × 1] Mysteries of Mega Evolution - Pixel × Illy

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "That's OK, you go in first!" Shiro called as he unpacked his things. He was more of a morning-shower person, so he would have one the following day. Shiro placed his bag in an empty corner of the room, took out his three Premier Balls, and let his three Pokémon out to play with Hunter's. As he looked around, he realised that he did need the bathroom - he wanted to get changed in private.

"Darn, I should've thought ahead. Oh well, I'll just use the cupboard." Shiro shrugged, taking his night clothes and making his way into the storeroom where the Pokémon beds were. Within a few minutes, he'd changed out of his hoodie and jeans into a looser T-shirt with a Rowlet design, and sportswear shorts. Shiro wasn't a fan of full-on pyjamas, so he just wore lighter clothes when he slept.

As Shiro organised his things, he took a moment to look out the window. It had already become very dark outside, but the lights of the city streets kept the outside well-illuminated,

"Wow, it's so dark already..." Shiro sighed to himself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    As Hunter was wrapping up his shower, he started thinking about a couple of things. Of course, his new journey with Shiro and their Pokémon were the main topic; he hadn't really gotten to know what his Pokémon were like, although he felt like he was getting to know Shiro a bit more. Even though the other boy wasn't as chatty, there was something that kind of interested Hunter... he wasn't very sure of what it was, however.

"Oh well," He mumbled to himself as he turned off the water to the shower. After taking care of everything else, he went ahead and put on his pajamas. Hunter preferred to wear the more 'night clothes' style, as he felt a little better especially around other people. After that he stepped out of the bathroom, letting out a small yawn.

"Alrighty then," Hunter said, combing his hair a bit with his hand. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving." The boy rummaged through his bag once again, and pulled out a couple of Oran Berries. He held a couple out to Shiro and said, "Here, have some. Don't worry, I actually grew them myself... some of my relatives happen to run the Berry Fields near Camphrier Town, so it's good to know that you're getting natural food and such."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro nodded, taking the Oran Berry and popping it into his mouth. It was very good.

"Wow, this is really good." Shiro nodded. He made a mental note to ask for more when they reached Camphrier Town, because he wanted to use them in his cooking.

"I've actually got some food too." Shiro smiled, walking over to his bag. He grabbed a plastic container, and brought it back over to the bed.

"These," Shiro said, taking off the lid, "are Malasada donuts. They're a specialty of Alola. We don't have them in Hoenn, but I found a recipe online, and I make them quite frequently. They're good for Pokémon and humans!"

Shiro held one out to Hunter.

"Here, try for yourself."

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Oooh, thanks!" Hunter took one of the donuts from Shiro, and took a bite. It was sweet, and tasted much different than some other foods he had tried before. "Oh wow, this is great!" He replied, his mouth still a bit full. "I don't know why they aren't around here, because these are a lot better than some of the other food I've tried around here."

Hunter finished most of the donut, giving the rest of what he had to Neon. The little Espurr's eyes widened again as it munched on the malasada donut, and rejoiced with a content meow. "Heheh, even Neon likes them, and he's pretty picky about food."

He remembered the other two Poke Balls that were sitting on the bed, and grabbed them. He let out Chespin and Riolu, offering two Oran Berries to the two. Chespin took the berry easily, and ran off to go play with the other Pokémon. Riolu, however, seemed to be a little more hesitant about the offer.

"Hey... it's okay," Hunter smiled softly, crouching down to try and help the little Fighting type. He held out his and said, "Don't worry, we're not going to hurt you. You're our friend now."

Riolu sniffed the hand that held the Oran Berry, and slowly picked it up. The Emotion Pokémon took a small nibble, and made a face that seemed to be very pleased. It finished the Berry rather quickly, and Hunter waved his hand a bit. Riolu rubbed it's head on the boy's hand, its tail wagging slightly. Hunter took it a step further and scratched underneath the Riolu's chin. At that point Riolu just tackled the boy onto the floor, nuzzling him.

"Heheh... I didn't actually expect for that to happen...," Hunter sighed a bit, his smile still holding on.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I've heard that Riolu are surprisingly strong for their size." Shiro chuckled. He pulled out another malasada and divided it into three parts - one for Caitlyn, one for Isaac, and one for his new Litleo.

"Oh, I forgot to give you a name. Come here, buddy." Shiro smiled, petting his lap. Litleo happily jumped into it, making himself comfortable. Shiro pulled out his Pokédex and scanned Litleo.

"OK, so Litleo evolves into a Pokémon named Pyroar, which has different forms based on its gender, just like Espurr and Meowstic. Mine is... a girl! So, I'm gonna name you Leona. Do you like it?" Shiro asked. Litleo, or rather Leona, gave a happy growl, and Shiro hand-fed the Malasada chunk to her, before petting the tuft of fur on her head.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Yeah..." Hunter groaned slightly as Riolu nuzzle him. "I'm basically being crushed now. Alright, you need to get off," Hunter slowly moved the Emotion Pokémon off of him. Riolu still seemed just as happy sitting next to Hunter as much as they did on top of him.

"Hmm... first, let's just scan you." Hunter reached into his bag again, pulling out his Pokèdex. After a couple of seconds, and two or three different rescans, the dex stated that the Riolu was a male. "Well, there's nothing wrong with that, buddy." Hunter said, patting the little Fighting type's head. "We'll have to get to training eventually, but you guys really deserve some love."

He tried stifling yet another yawn, although this time he failed. "Well, since it's getting late, I think I'm gonna try to get some rest." Hunter climbed onto the bed, making sure to lay on the spot that was laid out for him. "I'll... uh... I'll see ya tomorrow then."

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Hunter's yawn caused Shiro to yawn - it was as they always said, yawning is contagious.

"Yup, I'm gonna hit the hay too. Night." Shiro said. He made his way to the light switch, flipping it to 'off', and the room was plunged into darkness. It was still easy enough to see, with the light from the town coming through the window, but it was still quite dark. The Pokémon picked beds for themselves, and Shiro and Hunter got comfortable on their sides of the bed.

A few hours passed, and Shiro found himself unable to sleep. He'd managed to get what seemed like seconds of sleep in between what seemed like days of lying there awake. Eventually, he decided he just wasn't tired, so he got out of the bed. As he did, he accidentally woke Caitlyn, who yawned softly. Shiro picked up his half-asleep Pokémon.

"Sorry girl, did I wake you? I was just going to go for a walk, wanna come?" Shiro asked. Caitlyn nuzzled further into his arms - she didn't seem opposed to going out, but she did seem opposed to walking.

"Alright, you spoiled princess, I'll carry you." Shiro chuckled as he slipped his shoes on and left the room, heading out into the night.

Shiro walked around a bit, taking in Santalune City's very different night atmosphere. There were very few people about, and all the stores had closed, but there were still lights on to illuminate various statues and gardens, and some nocturnal Pokémon peered out from their hiding places. Shiro eventually made his way to a hill on the opposite side of town to the Pokémon Center. It was a small hill, but big enough that it wasn't being invaded by the lights of the city, and there was nothing but a small bench on it Shiro made his way to the bench, sitting on it, and placing Caitlyn beside him. He looked up, and was amazed to see the sky filled with stars. It was as if the whole galaxy was laid out in front of him.

"Wow, look at that..." Shiro sighed to himself.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Shiro almost fell off the seat when he heard a soft voice reply to him. He looked around, and found the source of the voice to be a young girl, no older than he was. She had mid-length hair, but because it was so dark, that was the only distinguishable feature he could make out about her. She made her way over.

"Mind if I sit?" she asked. Shiro, who was having trouble with this girl as he did with every new person he met, simply nodded, and shuffled over to give the girl some room. Now that she was closer, he was able to make out more about her. She was definitely his age, with hair that fell just below her shoulders. It was either dark blue or black, Shiro couldn't tell in the lighting, but her eyes were a stunning dark blue. She smiled sweetly at Shiro.

"I always come up here to clear my head after a long day - the lights of the city hide this beautiful sky otherwise." The girl sighed. Shiro didn't respond, so the girl looked at him quizzically.

"Are you OK?" she asked. Shiro nodded frantically.

"Y-Yeah, I'm just... not that great with people. To be honest, you really startled me when you spoke before. I wasn't expecting to find anyone up here..." Shiro admitted. The girl giggled softly, causing Shiro to blush.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Shiro..." Shiro responded.

"Shiro, huh... Doesn't that mean 'white'? Just like your hair!" the girl exclaimed.

"Y-Yeah, but my hair wasn't always like this! I... I made it like this, as a reminder." Shiro said. The girl raised her eyebrow, obviously wanting an explanation. Shiro had never told this story to anyone before, but that was only because nobody had been interested. Everyone always ridiculed him for it, but this girl wanted to know. Shiro began to feel a bit more relaxed about her being near him.

"Well, the reason I made my hair like this is because of my mother. I didn't know her too well, something happened when I was very young, and I lost her. But my father always told me that I looked exactly like her. So I found a picture of her, and changed my hair to match hers. That way, every time I saw my reflection, I could see my mother." Shiro explained, with a wistful look in his eyes. Suddenly, he felt a hand touch the one he had resting on the bench. He looked down at it, and followed the arm back up to the girl.

"I think your hair looks amazing. I'm sure your mother would be so proud of you." She smiled. Shiro blushed - normally he hated people touching him, but this was different. Shiro wasn't sure how to describe it, but something about this girl felt... safe.

"Well, I have to go now. It was nice meeting you, Shiro." The girl smiled. She leant over, gave Shiro a soft kiss on the cheek, then got up and began to make her way down the hill.

"W-Wait! You never gave me your name!" Shiro called. The girl stopped and turned, her face illuminated by the moonlight.

"...It's Lucina." she said, before she turned again and made her way down the hill. Shiro slumped back in the bench, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

"Did she just... and then she... w-wow... what is this feeling?" Shiro stammered to himself. His train of thought was broken by the sound of Caitlyn's soft snores. Shiro smiled as he picked Caitlyn up, careful not to wake her.

"Come on, princess, let's head back now." Shiro whispered, making his way down the hill and back to the Pokémon Center, where he quietly re-entered the room, put Caitlyn back into her bed, and then climbed into bed himself, falling asleep within minutes.

8. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Hunter was fast asleep, dreaming once again. He felt like he was being rather quiet until that part came. The one part that always seemed to appear every night, no matter how hard he tried to keep them away. He woke up quickly, gasping slightly and a few beads of sweat dripping down from the side of his head.

He turned to look towards Shiro, although the other boy was nowhere to be seen. "Good," he sighed, sitting up straight. His heart was still slightly pounding, and although he knew that it was already over, something about that dream seemed so... nightmareish.

Neon seemed to notice that his Master was awake, and curled up on Hunter's lap. Riolu snuggled a little bit more, and Chespin just stayed asleep down near the foot of the bed. "Meowha...?" The Espurr meowed and yawned at the same time, and started pawing at Hunter's blanket.

"No... I'm fine," Hunter chuckled quietly. He was lying, of course; he still felt a little shook. "I'll be just fine..." He sighed, lying back down again. With some luck he would be able to sleep without those past memories coming back to him again...

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro woke up to the sound of bird Pokémon chirping somewhere outside the window. With a big yawn and a stretch, he looked around the room, still trying to become fully awake.

"I'm gonna shower..." Shiro mumbled, not even sure if Hunter was awake. He slowly shuffled to his bag, grabbed the things he needed, and then shuffled over to the bathroom to have his shower.

10. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Hunter woke up much more quietly than he had last night, and heard that Shiro was already taking a shower. "Alrighty then," Hunter sighed, slowly rolling off of the bed. He landed on the floor with a thud, and sat up quickly. "Yep, I'm definitely not a morning person."

Neon woke up from the sounds of his master, and yawned quietly. The little Espurr stretched itself awake, and decided to plop onto Hunter's head with a grace almost all cat-like Pokémon had. "Mrrhwa...?" Neon mewled, as if it was asking a question.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Hunter replied with a chuckle. "It probably would be best to go ahead and wake up anyways; we've got a couple of things we need to do today." He went ahead and changed into his regular clothes, still keeping on ear out to see if Shiro was still in the shower. When he was done, he started packing up the couple of things he had lying about, and started playing a bit with his Pokémon while he was waiting for Shiro.

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro got out of the shower, feeling quite refreshed. He fixed his hair, cleaned himself up, got dressed, and exited the bathroom.

"Aah, morning!" Shiro smiled. His three Pokémon all surrounded him, giving him various morning greetings. He made sure he'd given them all a nice pet, before looking over at Hunter.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" Shiro asked.

12. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Good morning!" Hunter answered back as Shiro came out of the bathroom. "Hope ya slept pretty well, because there's a couple of things that we could do today." He paused just a bit to pick up Neon, who had been begging to be held.

"We could go to Santalune Forest and train there, or catch another Pokémon, or just go ahead and challenge the Gym Leader here. Although I would like to at least train up these guys before I go to the Gym." He gave Chespin and Riolu a little pat on the head and added, "We probably should try to eat something before we go as well. It's up to you, since I'm technically guiding you around the region." He chuckled slightly, already grabbing his bag.

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Well, I guess we each have 3 Pokémon - it's only our first Gym battle, I'm sure it's enough. But, I would like to train them up, so I'm putting in a vote to train!" Shiro chuckled.

"Oh, and about the sleeping... I've got something to tell you. Let's do it over breakfast."

14. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Yeah, that's true," Hunter smiled, petting Neon a bit. "Although I will say this... Neon isn't really a fighting Pokémon, if you know what I mean. And... uh... it's complicated, might be best to just talk about it later." He smiled and added, "But yeah, I think training might be the best thing for now."

When Shiro mentioned something about sleeping, Hunter smiled a bit. "Oh really? Let's go get some breakfast then; I'm already intrigued." He went ahead and returned his other two Pokémon, and opened the bedroom door. "What are ya in the mood for? I personally could go for some of the lemon cheesecake at one of the cafes here, but it's up to you."

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "D-Did you say... cheesecake?" Shiro said, his face lighting up. If there was something that Shiro couldnt live without, it was definitely cheesecake of any kind.

"Take me to the cake." Shiro whispered, his eyes literally filled with stars.

16. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Heheh," Hunter chuckled, walking out of the rental bedroom. "Well, lets go grab something then." He led Shiro out of the Pokémon Center, and headed towards the center of Santalune City. From there, he walked towards the southern entrance of the city, stopping in front of two buildings.

Pointing towards the building on the right, Hunter said, "That's the Boutique. Most people buy their clothes from there, but this store mainly sells hats and stuff." He looked at the other building and said, "And this is the cafe I was talking about! Come on in, the staff here is pretty nice."

He and Shiro sat down in the cafe, and Hunter didn't even really look at the menu, since he already knew what he would be getting. He called over a waitress and said, "Yeah, I'll be getting one of the lemon cheesecake slices, with a cup of Moomoo Milk, please."

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I-I'll have what he's having - wait, make that two slices of cheesecake for me." Shiro said, a very serious expression on his face. He did not joke when it came to cheesecake. The waitress nodded, making her way inside to prepare the order.

"OK, so, what I was talking about before. So, last night, I wasn't really sleepy, so I went out for a walk with Caitlyn. We made our way up..." Shiro looked around, before pointing north-west of where they were sitting, before continuing.

"...that hill, the one with the lone bench. I was just sitting there, by myself, when this girl came up to me and talk to me. She touched my hand, but I didn't freak out like I did with you, and then she kissed me - but only on the cheek - before she just left. She had the most amazing blue eyes, I think her hair was blue too? She said her name was Lucina. She... likes my hair..." Shiro explained hurriedly, his face growing a deeper shade of red as she spoke.

18. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Hunter smiled a bit as he listened to Shiro talking about this girl he met the other night. He sat Neon on his lap, giving the little Espurr a couple of pets while listening. When Shiro paused for a bit, Hunter took an opportunity to give his opinion.

"Well, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that you kind of like Lucina," He chuckled, watching as the waitress brought the two's orders. "I mean, I don't know much about love or anything, but I can kinda tell that you have some feelings for her."

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro blushed so hard that his glasses began to fog up. He had no idea what he felt for this girl - he'd just met her, barely knew anything about her, and didn't have much experience with people to begin with.

"U-Uh... what about you? How did you sleep?" Shiro asked, trying to change the conversation topic.

20. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Neon crawled over to Shiro, begging for the other boy to pick him up and hold him. Hunter, however, went completely blank once Shiro changed the subject.

It was like all of his hard work of keeping his happy facade had fallen in just three seconds. He ran his head through his hair, his hat falling off of his head. He finally managed to stutter out, "Well... uh... I-it was okay... just a c-couple of nightmares o-or whatever..." He started picking at his slice of cheesecake, and eventually slid the plate across the table towards Shiro. "Uh... you can have it... I'm not really hungry anymore..." He chuckled slightly, although he knew that has probably already looking like a hot mess in front of his friend.