1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[1 × 1] Trial of the Guardian Deities - Pixel × Marine

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The boys just shrugged while nodding, before taking a few steps back and sending out their Pokémon - a Yungoos, and an Alolan Rattata. Shiro and Alessa sent out their Oliver and Sirena, respectively.

"Alright, Oliver! Use- Wait, what can you use?" Shiro asked. That's when RotomDex popped itself off of Alessa's bag and scanned Oliver.

"This Rowlet is capable of using the moves Tackle, Leafage, Peck, and Confuse Ray." RotomDex reported.

"What about Sirena?" Shiro asked, curious. RotomDex flew over to Sirena and scanned her.

"This Popplio is capable of using Pound, Water Gun, Disarming Voice, and Aqua Ring." RotomDex reported for a second time, before clipping itself back on to Alessa's bag.

"Alright, so we've got Normal, Grass, Flying, Water and Fairy type attacks, as well as confusion from Oliver and self-healing from Sirena... Alessa, what do you propose we do?" Shiro asked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "You confuse them, while I will start out doing some damage. After I attack, use Leafage to pick of the Rattata." Alessa instructed after thinking about the possibilities quickly.

One of their opponents yelled at the to hurry up and Alessa was happy to oblige.

"Use Disarming Voice, Sirena!" Alessa called out to her Pokémon.

The little blue sea lion barked in response before opening her mouth and two pink rings with hearts surrounding them appeared before speeding off to their opponents.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "A-Alright, then. Oliver, use Confuse Ray on Yungoos!" Shiro commanded. Oliver complied, shooting out a beam of light that spun around Yungoos. Yungoos tried to follow the light with its eyes, but it became dizzy, toppling around.

"Yes, it hit!" Shiro cheered. "Now, Oliver, use Leafage on Rattata!"

Oliver complied once again, flying up high and flapping it's wings. A flurry of bright green leaves began swirling around him, and he moved his wings to direct the leaves right towards Rattata. The sharp leaves made cuts all over Rattata's body, and it was knocked out.

"Alright, Alessa, finish it!"

4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "With pleasure. Sirena, Water Gun on the Yungoose." The girl ordered with a wave of her hand. The Water-type didn't waste any time and quickly send out a jet of water towards the Normal-type. It squeaked loudly, trying to get away from the strong looking attack, but didn't manage in time. The Water Gun hit and the fight was over.

Sirena quickly went back to her trainer and her fellow team member, wanting to get praised for her part of the fight.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Wow, your Sirena is so strong!" Shiro smiled. Oliver flew down, and Shiro held out his arm to land on.

"You were excellent too, Oliver. I'm glad my first real battle was with you~" Shiro cooed, giving Oliver some chin-scratchies. The two boys came and gave money to Shiro and Alessa, thanked them for the battle, and went on their way.

"Alright, I guess it's time to keep going. Iki Town should be dead ahead." Shiro said, nodding.

6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Alessa didn't really respond to Shiro other than a quick nod, already being deep in thought. She had fought battles before, but somehow this felt different than the other times she had battles with others. Maybe because she was actually challenging a system, even if it was just a Trial System and not a League.

Absentmindedly, she walked along the path to Iki Town. Her Pokémon were talking amongst themselves and Alessa had a strange feeling in her stomach. It wasn't unpleasant, just unfamiliar.

"So, kid. Was that your first Pokémon Battle? Or did you battle in the past with the white fluffball?" She asked as she spotted the first few houses of Iki Town.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "No, that was my first one. I'm surprised it so went well, we work pretty well as a team. I'm glad that my first battle was one I'll be able to remember." Shiro smiled.

Just then, the RotomDex unclipped itself from Alessa's bag and floated in front of her face. Instead of speaking, however, it had a message. 'Urgent video message from Kukui. Please view in private.'

"Oh, is Rotom saying we're almost there?" Shiro asked.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "No, we seem to have an urgent message from Kukui. Let's move to somewhere more private real quick." The girl spotted a small space that would be perfect and grabbed Shiro's bag to drag him with her. When she arrived at the spot she let go of him and asked Rotom to play the message.

"I wonder what Kukui wants though. We haven't been on the road for very long." She muttered as she watched Rotom prepare to play the message.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I guess we'll know when we play it." Shiro shrugged, pressing the play button. Kukui's face appeared on the screen.

"Alola, Trainers! Now, this message is specifically for Alessa. Shiro, if you're watching this, please stop, this message isn't intended for you."

Shiro pressed the screen again to pause the screen.

"Well, whatever it is, it must be private info between you two. I'll be over there, giving our Pokémon something to eat." Shiro smiled, walking away. The message continued.

"Alright, Alessa, there's something I forgot to tell you about Shiro. It didn't cross my mind while you were at the lab because, to be honest, pairing you two up was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Anyway, there's something you need to know about Shiro. If he tells you about his 'past', he's talking about only what he can remember, which is about a year of his life. He was... part of an accident that I'm not at liberty to discuss further. He also suffers from short-term memory loss from time-to-time as a result of this accident, so if he forgets who you are, or where he is, he might freak out. Just... speak to him calmly, and make sure that his Vulpix, Caitlyn is nearby. When he's around Caitlyn, he tends to become calmer much faster. I know this is a lot to ask, but Shiro really needs to go on this journey, and part of the reason I paired you two up is because he needs someone to look out for him. If he starts to become hard to handle, contact be straight away from any Pokémon Center, or even with the RotomDex. I'll come and collect him from you as fast as I can. Anyway, say hi to the kid for me. Alola!"

With that, the message ended.

"Hey, Alessa, are you done over there?" Shiro called over.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "What the hell, Kukui? The next time I see you in person I will strangle you." Alessa had to resist the urge to make the hand motions without him even being there and was snapped out of her thoughts by the kid in question. She sighed resisting the urge to mess with her hair and waited until Rotom had fastened herself to her bag again. THis was going to be a long ass trip through the region if he had those episodes a lot.

"Yeah, I am done. I am not sure why he thought it was important, but whatever." She shrugged and picked up Sirena from where she had been eating the food Shiro had provided.

"Let's go. I need to speak with the Kahuna."

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Alright, off we go." Shiro smiled.

It wasn't much longer before the duo reached Iki Town.

"This must be the place." Shiro nodded. "Look, there's even a sign. 'Welcome to Iki Town'. Guess I was right."

A woman approached the two Trainers, smiling.

"You two must be Shiro and Alessa. Kukui told us you'd be coming, the Kahuna is excepting you at the foot of Mahalo Trail. It's just at the north edge of town." The woman explained, before walking away.

"Guess that's where we're headed then." Shiro said. As he took a step forward, his vision started to blur slightly, and he felt dizzy, needing to grab the nearest pole to keep himself steady.

"On second thought, you go see the Kahuna. I'll catch up, I just need to... regain my bearings. Don't worry about me, I'm just not used to being outside this long." Shiro said with a weak smile.

12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Okay, if you say so." Alessa was skeptical about Shiro's sudden bout of weakness, the information Kukui had given her still fresh in her mind. Still, she moved her feet towards the edge of the town, going more north and away from her travel partner.

The hill was steeper than she had expected and she was panting slightly when she had reached the top of the path. A man was standing close to a suspension bridge and Alessa quickly deduced that this man must be the Kahuna. She walked closer until she was in normal conversation range and called out to him. He turned, a big smile already plastered across his face.

"Alola, young lady, you must be the researcher that Kukui said was coming. I am Hala, the Kahuna of Melemele Island."

Alessa nodded in response. "I am Alessandra Frost. I was indeed hoping to get permission to study the ruins of Conflict."

The man shook his head in response to her inquiry.

"As much as I would like to give you permission, you are not a native to these islands and it is possible that your presence will anger the guardian. Tell you what, lady, if you can pass the Grand Trial I will give you permission to go and take a look. How does that sound?" He asked the girl who was contemplating the next course of action. She wanted to go and look, so shouldn't she at least pay respects to their customs? At, last she nodded.

"That sounds more than reasonable, Kahuna Hala. I presume that I need to beat the Island trial here first before I can challenge the Grand Trial?" When she received a nod in response, she let out a breath and smiled. She could do this. Together with Hala, she walked down the trail, asking questions about the guardian of Melemele Island. Once back in Iki Town she split from Hala and went to look for Shiro. She quickly found him where she had left him.

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro had managed to regain his composure, and was simply sitting on the steps leading into Iki Town, feeding Oliver some Berries. He heard footsteps behind him, and turned to see Alessa heading his way.

"Oh, you're back!" He smiled, standing up. "Did you find the kahuna, and do your research?"

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Well, I did find the Kahuna Hala, but he didn't allow me to visit the Ruins of Conflict, fearing that Tapu Koko wouldn't take kindly to me going in there as an outsider. So he told me that I need to beat the grand trial before I am allowed near the place. Probably for the best if you ask me." She shrugged, leaning against a pole.

"This means we have to move to the first Trial site. I think it is on Route 2. But I am not sure."

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I think I remember Kukui saying something about this trial... Uhm, we have to go find the Trial Captain. I don't remember their name, and he never showed me what they look like, but I think he said they live in Hau'oli City. I guess that's our next destination, but..." Shiro said, looking at the horizon. "...the sun's setting. Maybe going out at night wouldn't be the best idea."

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Well, the nearest Pokémon Center is back on Route one, so we best get traveling quickly." Alessa pushed herself off the pole she had been leaning against and walked down the steps, feeling secure that Shiro would follow her without her prompting to do so.

"Keep your Pokémon outside their balls. If something happens, we won't be fumbling around trying to call them out." She instructed, briefly looking back at her new travel partner. As they made their way to the Pokémon Center, she hoped that Nurse Joy had two separate rooms left for the night.

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro nodded, leaving Oliver out of his Poké Ball, but also sending Caitlyn out. Together, they walked as a group - 'safety in numbers', as they say.

"Man, I know we just walked this route, but it looks a bit creepy in the dark. Luckily, we can see the bright lights of Hau'oli City from here, so at least we know where we're going." Shiro said. As he walked, he tripped on a stone, falling to the ground, but he quickly picked himself up and dusted himself off.

"Whoa, didn't see that little rock." Shiro chuckled awkwardly. He picked it out of the ground, putting it into his pocket. It'd be bad if anyone else tripped on this, he thought.

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Are you going to be tripping a lot? Because I need to stock up on more band-aids if you are the klutzy type." Alessa rolled her eyes, walking with her sight straight ahead, not noticing what Shiro was doing, while he was sitting on the ground.

She didn't think that the night time was all that bad, having worked in dank caves for a good part of the past few years. She decided not to mention this to Shiro as it would only sound condescending and kept on walking.

"I see the Pokémon Center up ahead. We are almost there. Boy, I am more tired than I thought I would be." The bluenette stretched her arms until she heard a very satisfying pop in her back.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "No, I should be fine, this rock just wanted to be mean to me today." Shiro chuckled. "I'm not feeling that tired, but admittedly I did take a rest in Iki Town. Besides, I'm more of a night-person anyway, as long as it's still well-lit wherever I am."

Eventually the duo arrived at the Pokémon Center, and Nurse Joy instantly knew what they wanted.

"Hello again, you two. You must be here to spend the night. Unfortunately, we only have one room left to rent out, but it does have two beds." Nurse Joy said, as she handed both Trainers a key each, both keys identical. Shiro looked over at Alessa, who didn't look too happy to hear the news.

"Hey, don't worry about it. You said you were tired, go take the room. I'm gonna go out and see if I can tire myself out. If you're not awake when I come back, then I wish you goodnight." Shiro smiled, before making his way out of the Pokémon Center. Then, he came back in.

"Oh, I'll take RotomDex with me. Don't want to get lost!" Shiro chuckled. The RotomDex, hearing its name, sprang to life and circled around Shiro.

"Night adventure! Night adventure!" it cheered.

"Oh relax, you. We're just going for a walk." Shiro smiled as he left the Pokémon Center, for real this time.

20. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Alessa just accepted the key from Nurse Joy, a small grimace plastered on her face. She didn't like sharing her sleeping space at all. It was one of the few places where she wouldn't have to put up a front and could be herself. the kind nurse thought the grimace was about the fact that Shiro decided to take a night walk and tried to reassure the female trainer.

"I am not worried about him. Just don't like to share my room with people, never had to before." She explained before walking off to go to her room. Once settled, she quickly brushed her Pokémon before falling in a deep sleep.