1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

12 Years of Playing Pokemon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hylian, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Today marks the the 12-year anniversary of the very first time I played Pokémon.

I still remember it like it was yesterday, I was 5, and I was at my cousins house in Seattle. It was there that my cousin gave me his old Game Boy Color and Pokémon Red, and I entered the world of Pokémon for the very first time.

Within months, I had gone from Red all the way to Ruby, the newest game at the time. I had made so many friends and had so many life changing experiences just from playing these games, and it was then that I knew I would never stop playing these games.

Fast-Forward 12 years, and thanks to Achromatic, I've found an entire network filled with friends who all love these games just as much as I do. I look at all of the joy and happiness I get when I visit here every day, and I'll be honest, it brings a tear to my eye.

I'm so glad that I can celebrate this special day with all of you. You are all like a big family to me, so there is no one else I'd rather celebrate with.

Here's to 12 Years of Playing Pokémon, and to many more!

2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    12 years is a hella long time to be playing one franchise! We're all glad you love the games and stuck with them and that they brought you here to this point today. :)

To many more years of playing Pokémon, I'll drink to that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Oh my, 12 years?! It's pretty crazy, but also wonderful, knowing how some of us have played Pokémon for over half of our lifetimes now. Congratulations on the milestone! Here's to many more years of loving the franchise.. and hopefully you'll stick around with us for those years, hehe. <3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Thanks, guys. And don't worry Sheep, now that I'm part of the LV Community, I don't think I'll be going anywhere for a long time :D

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    12 years??? Wow, congrats! May Pokémon stay with you forever! Cheers to 12 years and many more!

6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Good job on being so dedicated to Pokémon for so long! 12 years is a fantastic feat to accomplish and I hope that you also have many more years of excitement and enjoyment to come with the franchise. If it wasn't for your deep interest in Pokémon, you probably would have never joined here, so we are thankful that you are a fellow fan of Pokémon and member of the forums. Congrats, and may your dedication to Pokémon prosper even more with the years to come. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.