1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article 2 New characters in Pokken Fighters!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Shada, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    If you remember, Pokken fighters was a fighting game still in development by Nintendo, and as of yet, we had about 6 Pokémon that were available as fighters. But as of now, we have 2 more fighters! And to top all of this news off, there's a Pokémon Trailer for Pokken fighters!
    The amazing Dark and Ice type Weavile is a speed focused fighter, and uses it's ice type moves in the game. Here's Weavile's trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-VsoiFX4HQ

I think we all know this Pokémon, and it seemed pretty obvious that this Pokémon was going to appear in this game. Charizard's move-set is very similar to it's one in smash, with Flare Blitz, and it mega-evolving to Charizard X. Here is Charizard's trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ItWRUFTTog
    Here's the trailer for the game which comes to Japanese arcades July 16th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx54O8QUKLI

---
    How do you think this Pokémon game will go? Do you think it will hit American and European shores?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    With Charizard added to the roster, the game lost 90% of it's appeal to me. It just looks like a more realistic version of the newest Smash Bros, seriously. We don't need Charizard for everything, please. Why not bring some real fighters into the ring, instead of flying dragons. Why???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    By this logic you must also be disappointed with the inclusion of Suicune, Pikachu, Gardevoir, and Gengar, who are also traditional non-fighters. Charizard is much more of a close-combat brawler than any of those Pokémon.

I'm actually really glad to see Weaville. It and Machamp are the only Pokémon that's aren't especially popular and it's cool to see something new! I don't have much hope that this'll be released outside of Japan, but maybe I'll be proven wrong; I wouldn't mind!

Nate likes this.
  4. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Admittedly, Suicune was a really weird choice, which I still don't really understand, and Pikachu... Well, Pikachu is everywhere, so whatever >.> Gardevoir and Gengar are really interesting to see, and I'm really glad they're in there. But Charizard just really isn't exciting at all. Is anyone actually particularly excited because Charizard was added?

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    It's not exciting for you perhaps, because you're not a fan of Charizard. But for all Zard fanboys around, and probably people who main Zard in Smash, it's very exciting.

6. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Well, for example, I really like Gallade. But if they gave Gallade a second mega evolution, put it in Smash Bros, and add it as a playable Pokémon in Pokken, I wouldn't be happy either :/ There's a thing called too much attention, and that's definitely what they're doing to Charizard right now.

(or I'm just not a big enough fanboy I guess???)

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I would agree is Zard wasn't one of, if not the, most popular Pokémon of all time among fans. Therefore it makes sense that, like Pikachu, it is usually one of the first Pokémon confirmed for Pokémon games. They just want to appeal to their fans!

(ur not a big enough fanboy u non-fanboy)

8. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I actually really like the addition of Weavile! You don't see Weavile around too often, so I'm glad to see it's getting some of the spotlight here. It looks really cool in the game, too. I kind of figured Charizard would be in there at some point as well, haha. I would have preferred Mega Charizard Y over X, but X does suit a fighting game a bit more I suppose.

Hopefully this game comes to other countries eventually- or gets fleshed out into a full Wii U title at some point. I think that would be really cool, and if done right it could sell really well. Hell, I'm not into fighting games, and I'd buy it!

I wonder what other Pokémon they may add in the future? Some Pokémon I would like to see added are Nidoking, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Scizor, Sceptile, Mawile, Flygon, Metagross, Deoxys, Staraptor, Lopunny, Drapion, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Darkrai, Victini, Samurott, Leavanny, Krookodile, Zoroark, Genesect, any of the Kalos starters, Hawlucha, Goodra, and Hoopa. I know that's a lot, but if even one of those Pokémon made it in, I'd be really happy.

9. eclipse35

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'm really excited for Weavile! In fighting games, I usually main speed characters, like Takeda in MKX, so I'm excited to have a Pokémon like that entering Pokken. Also, I love the claw moves. I even liked Weavile before it was announced, so this is awesome :) I probably won't use Charizard at all. Maybe it's because it's overrated, I don't know. But I will very likely try it once then never use him again :P

10. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Really happy to see Charizard added to the fold. I hope that there's more Pokémon to come; they can still add a lot more. Greninja, Gallade, Infernape, Blaziken; the list is endless.

11. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I feel like this has to come to the Wii U. Please. Maybe. Possibly. I want to play this.

12. Sarge the Umbreon

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Just seen the videos, so it looks like the hype is building up. Dunno if it's gonna include Umbreon in the game or not... only time will tell >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.