1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event 2017 Lake Valor Christmas Tree!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubbles, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Lake Valor Christmas Tree

Welcome to the Lake Valor Christmas Tree event! Our community Christmas Tree will have several ornaments representing all that make our forum special, YOU!

Just reply here with one thing you like about Lake Valor and/or Christmas to have your avatar added to the tree as an ornament. If your avatar has a Santa Hat on it, you'll receive an additional 5 Pokepoints as well for participation! Don't have one? Request for one HERE!

The Tree will be posted on the evening of Christmas Day (Dec 25th PST) so be sure to post here before then to be part of it. Happy Holidays!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy, Hikari and Apawn like this.
  2. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    What I love about Christmas is the warmth that it brings. The love that we feel during this time is wonderful and just makes me feel so warm inside my heart. <3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I love Christmas because it is the birth day of Christ Jesus Christ! He blessed us by leaving the comfort of heaven and came to the earth to save and deliver us from our sins.
    Its my first year on LV and I'm enjoying myself a lot here 'cause of the fun events that happen frequently. I also like the polite people here.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I’ve honestly never made a big deal out of Christmas, nor do I affiliate any religious significance to it. But, I do like how it brings people together, acting as a sort of comfort and time of unificarion. It seems to always fill people with hope and happiness even during times of horror. I like that about Christmas.

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I like Christmas cause Santa comes and steals all my cookies, meaning I don't get any fatter.
    I like Lake Valor because our entire community is so warm and nice =)

Thank you Bloom.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It's hard for me to decide why Christmas is important to me now. Like Cherry, Christmas does hold significance to me, and for the same reasons, though as I've grown older I have placed more emphasis on Easter's importance (because, technically, His resurrection was more important), so for Christmas where does that leave me?

With my own relatives I don't do a whole lot - it's just my mum and I, and we're pretty quiet - though sometimes, another of my friends invites me to spend Christmas (and other events) with his family, to at least give me something to do. I don't remember what my last Christmas was like on LV, though I think it's more of a looking back of how far I came this year and all the things I did.
    Or maybe. I don't get all introspective about the past.

Ah, for the avatar thing, since I don't know how many times I'll be changing my avatar next week, I'll just give you pre-set ones to put on the tree, with hats set.
    If Satix posts in this topic, use my insect queen avatar (link).
    If he doesn't, use this crystal dragon one instead (link).
    (I'll also send you the image links directly so you'll have backups.)

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I like Lake Valor because it’s a great community of nice people, where you can talk about Pokémon as well as everything else you want to and make friends.
    And there are memes.
    I already gave my vision of Xmas in the other thread, but I also like it for the amount of joy it can bring to others.

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I like Lake Valor because it feels like such a friendly and tight-knit community. I like Christmas because cookies.

9. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I like lake valor, cause it is a comunity filled with friendly people and positivity. It also helps me for when I feel lonely (jk). One of the reasons I like christmas, is cause my family members come and visit.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm with @Cherry3Fairy and @Eclipse ; this time of year holds quite a bit of significance for me because of its connection to my Lord and Saviour, the culmination of the promises God gave to save the world regardless of what it thinks of Him because of His love for it (though, like Eclipse said, the climax at the Resurrection is arguably more important). And, likewise, I love LV because of the community - there's no animosity or hate, just a strong bond shared by our love of Pokémon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

#10 Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Cherry3Fairy likes this.
  11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
  12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Whoops. Sorry, Eclipse. T_T

13. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I should probably share mine as well. :sweat:

One thing I like about Christmas is how the season mostly brings out the best in people. People are generally more considerate of their actions and try to give to those in need. It's good to have a time of year when we can reflect on who we are and how we treat others and use that to better ourselves for the upcoming new year.

As for LV, I love it for being my kawaii second home. I love you guys! Let's keep adding to the tree!*_*

14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    What do love about Christmas? Hm, the food. The food is amazing, and one of the only reasons I really look forward to this time of the year. LV though? Well you guys don't feed me, which I have an issue with. But it did provide me with invaluable friends and I'm grateful for every experience I've had on here. Too the new year and new memories!

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I like Christmas because it is a day for family and spending time together. My family is very busy and we often miss each other by a few minutes to talk, not even dinners are attended by all.

LV is like my second home and the place where I met so many good friends and all around lovely people.

16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I like LV because it is where I can relax and be my self, everyone is always supportive and there to help each other. It is such a nice feeling to have.

17. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    Christmas to me is happiness and love all around, with memories to create with others. It is the most magical time of the year, where so many things can happen. LV is such a great place, and I want to see it grow even more as the years go by.

18. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    i love christmas because it’s so happy! people also give and take on the occasion, and it makes me happy :”)
    i love lv because the members here are so great!!! i have great friends on the site and yaay :D

19. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I've always enjoyed Christmas for the festive feeling that springs up. I enjoy the lake for the communal feeling.... then again it IS a community so... yeah...

20. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    My recent addition to my love to LV is the fact that even though my activity has dropped a lot thanks to school, people will still mention me on Discord to get me in on Catchér Stuff (Like new releases, puzzles, ect.)

~ Monika Pr. Apawn