1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

2018 Legendary Pokémon Giveaway - your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by jeevan261001, Jan 18, 2018.

?

What do you think of the 2018 giveaways?

1. Extremely Disappointing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ★ - Very Disappointing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ★★ - Disappointing

10.0%
  4. ★★★ - Decent

20.0%
  5. ★★★★ - Excited

10.0%
  6. ★★★★★ - OMG HYPE

60.0%
  1. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The thing is I don't usually get hyped for anything, but I like most of the legendaries that they are going to be giving away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jeevan261001 likes this.
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Oh that’s the other thing I completely forgot about after watching the trailer, with the carboard Switch thing.
    I dunno. I don’t think I’ll try to get them? I’ll see. Well I don’t seem very hyped. Maybe I’ll take at least Zygarde.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jeevan261001 likes this.
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I don't really see the point of this giveaway, aside from the shiny Zygarde. Most people already have those mons, and they are fairly easily accessible.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Silvally is legendary? Huh. I thought it was one of the maybes, like Rotom and Phione (neither of which are mentioned on the front page, but I suppose many are missing).

Sigh, still no Arceus for me. I'll probably just grab all the options that are UM exclusives. But... shiny Zygarde as the only one that everyone gets, where there's no this-or-that decision to be made? That seems odd. Could this be... could this be their way of pre-announcing the pre-announcement of Pokémon Z version? Because I want that literally more than literally any non-essential-to-life thing in the world. I would pay $150 for that game. I know the chances of this happening are like... Zero... but still, I love Zygarde and anything that points attention toward it makes me giddy with anticipation.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    The Legendary giveaways seem really cool! I hope more people search for Lake Valor to learn about it too!

jeevan261001 likes this.
  7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am excited to see them come out, but they do this every gen where there is a massive giveaway of a ton of legends, the hype used to be they had unteachable moves or were shiny. Now they are all very plain which is kinda lame. I am hype for the shiny Zygrade tho!

jeevan261001 likes this.
  8. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I figured the Shiny Zygarde would be the standout 'mon out of all of these.

Honestly, while I am happy that TPC is at the very least doing something, I still think it wouldn't have hurt to have given away shiny versions of all of these legendaries instead of just Zygarde.

... although that might be asking for too much, idk.

Sethal and jeevan261001 like this.
  9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Well, it is ok I think. But it's pretty useless I think, but at least they're doing something. They should give away better Pokémon with hidden ability or more shinys
    Considering i have already most of the legendary Pokémon which are given away, I think I will only get shiny Zygarde.

10. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I love them because they are significant because they are the first official way to get shiny Zygarde (I'm surprised i didn't spell anything wrong here)

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Meh, I guess is cool they're giving some away and is pretty obvious is also to help people that have USUM since you get opposite of what you can get on those games. The way they choose to distribute them though leave much to be desired as codes seems like such an outdated way to do this. Unless some of them can be downloaded directly I'll most likely not get most of these because of the distribution method unless I happen to be near the local GameStop and hope they have any codes left.

12. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I don't know, I've kind of lost interest in events like this. Like you just get the Pokémon and then you have it, I'd rather do something earn rare Pokémon.

13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm just waiting for my darn toothpaste snek :love:*_*:love:*_*

14. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I'll get some of these because why not? Free legendaries, right? I missed out on last month simply because busy-ness and stuff but I'll find it hard to pass up an opportunity like this because who knows when/if TPC or Game Freak will ever do something like this in the future, so might as well.

tl;dr it's ok. nothing special and I appreciate that they're doing this, at the very least.