1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

7.8/10 too much review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    How much weight do you give video game reviews when deciding whether or not you'll buy a game? Are you the sort of person who will look up Metacritic scores and take them as a solid indicator of how good a video game is, or do you generally like to make up your own mind? If you read reviews, will you read the entire review, or skip straight to the score at the end? How much objective value do you believe is in game reviews and what, if anything, would you change about them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Recently I just bought big games like BotW and one that I heard from friends that it was good so I didn't look at the reviews :L
    But I never really look at them anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    If there is a 5 stars system, I wouldn't buy games with 1 or 2 stars, but everything else is okay.

4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I really do more of this with movies, especially since the only games that I really can buy/get cause I can only request one game per birthday/Christmas are Fire Emblem and Pokémon. All in all, I don't look at video game reviews.

5. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I tend to not really trust reviews, especially for AAA games. When I decide to buy a game, it's usually because I have friends who play it.

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    I read over the reviews, but I put more stock in word of mouth. If the reviews are glowing, but I hear not so great things about it, I probably won't pick it up. It also works the other way--if it is trashed in reviews but people rave about it, I may give it a try.

7. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Reviews? lul wut r they?

I just look up some spoiler-free gameplay and if it looks interesting, I consider getting it.

8. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    How I feel about this pretty much boils down to this:

IGN gave PMD : Explorers of Sky a low score of 4.3/10

If you saw a score like that you probably wouldn't even give the game a second chance. It's best to honestly check on comments/feedback. For example, despite this low score, almost every single comment (and trust me, there's quite a few comments) says that the score is honestly ludicrous and you should at least give the game a go. Even the ones who don't really like the game only really say it's because it's just not the kind of genre they enjoy.

If you're going to base your decision off of reviews, you should check some feedback to see how warranted the score really is to the majority.

#8 Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018