1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal A Battery's Pokemon Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by TripleAAABattery, Jun 29, 2018.

1. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Welp. I never documented a Randomizer Nuzlocke before. No time like the present I suppose. So anyways, yes, as you can see from the title, I'm gonna do a Randomizer Nuzlocke of Pokémon Platinum, a game in which my first ever playthrough was actually a nuzlocke itself in which I barely clutched it out with a godly Togekiss.
    So the rules I'm implementing in this Nuzlocke are as follows:
    - I can only catch the first Pokémon I encounter on the route. If I fail to catch it or run, that's it. No more encounter in this route
    - Only exception to this rule will be the species clause.
    - I must nickname all of my Pokémon. ALL OF THEM. So if I get uncreative names from time to time, then I'm sorry.
    - If my Pokémon ever faints at any point, it is considered dead, and must be put in the PC.
    - The battles will be on Set style instead of Shift style, as this will give a genuine experience and ensure I play my mons a lot more carefully.
    - My Pokémon cannot be stronger than the next gym leader's highest level mon. This is to ensure I don't overlevel and blow away everything in sight and make this too easy.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will also be listing here what I have randomized in my game:
    - The starters will be completely randomized. I could get anything from a Caterpie to an Arceus as a starter.
    - All wild Pokémon and all trainer Pokémon are completely randomized. The rival gets to keep their randomized starter, however.
    - As far as static encounters go, legendaries will still randomize to other legendaries, and normal Pokémon will still randomize to other normal Pokémon.
    - The level-up movesets, TM's, and Move Tutor moves, are completely randomized, even compatability-wise. Which means even Magikarp could effectively get SOME TM moves taught to it.
    - The abilities of the Pokémon are completely randomized. I could get a Pure Power Weedle, or a Truant Ho-oh.
    - The items found in the overworld are completely randomized, although spots where TM's usually are will still house TMs. Some wild Pokémon may even hold items like TM's.
    - The catching tutorial is randomized. Not really significant, but this can lead to some hilarious moments.
    So yes, I'm not real enough to randomize things like Pokémon types, base stats, or evolution lines, but I want there to be some sort of stability and consistancy within the Nuzlocke lol

All right, that being said, let's go ahead and get started!

Part 1: That one part where the tutorial and stuff happens
    Per tradition to a Pokémon game, when I pick the female character I always name them Gillian:
    My name.PNG
    And nicknaming my rival after a competitive battling rival I have on Discord:
    Rival's name.PNG
    And now, we begin the story with me watching TV. Very fitting with the real me.
    • My rival barges into my room and fines me $10 million if I don't follow him to see Professor Rowan. He's pretty pushy to say the least. I go to his house since HE's the one holding us up now, but he's gone just as quick as I found him.
    • Followed him to the route outside of Twinleaf town where A1 had the brilliant idea to just run through the grass so that we don't run into any Pokémon. Luckily professor Rowen shows up and stops him so that A1 doesn't get blown back by the potential Entei that may be running around in the grass.
    • After some debate, for some reason he decides to give us each a Pokémon, but not before making us promise him that we won't do anything so reckless ever again. Which is a promise that isn't going to last very long. So I take a look at the potential Pokémon...
    (Oh, yes, by the way, my trainer ID would determine who my starter is. If the last number is 1-3, it'd be in the spot Turtwig is in. If it's 4-6, it'd be Chimchar's spot. If it's 7-9, it'd be Piplup's spot. If it's a 0, I'll leave this up to you guys to decide. But, it's 18888, so the mon will be in the Piplup's spot.)
    • In the end, the choice was clear. I went with:
    The starter.PNG
    (To be fair, my other two choices were a Delcatty and an Illumise. Honestly I got some really bad mons this time, and of the three I think I preferred Zubat anyways.)
    • Afterwards, my rival challenged me to a battle, in which my rival is apparantly classified as a God. Luckily, my rival's Delcatty seemed to only have Frenzy Plant, which my Zubat 4x resisted, and I had Rock Slide, so I won the battle pretty decisively.
    • The next day I went home and got the good ol' running shoes from mom. Honestly though, I wonder if A1 still moves as fast as he doesn't without having a pair of running shoes.
    • A1 forced me into going into Lake Verity to go find the legendary Pokémon, even though we don't have a single Pokéball. He's not very smart. We find a guy named Cyrus who spouts something deep about time and space, then leaves, in which we soon followed suit, since A1 is pushing me to go to Sandgem town to get pokeballs from the professor. Along the way I find some neat things like Pupitar and... Giratina....
    • Got to Sandgem town, in which I was able to finally name my Zubat, in which I named them Crobatwomn (Darn you, character limit) and get TM 27, which turned out to be Water Spout. Not even bad, although Crobatwomn can't learn it. I bought some Potions and Pokeballs, meaing that the Nuzlocke has officially begun.
    • Went back home to tell my mother I'm running away, in which A1's mother came in and made me become an errand girl to give a parcel to A1.
    • I was trying to avoid getting encounters before catching up with Lucas, because I wanted the extra pokeballs in case I did find Giratina. Almost made it, but not quite. So my first encounter was...
    First Route encounter.PNG

• An Electivire! Pretty good start, though I was worried it'd have something crazy like Volt Tackle and blow away Zubat. It was eating up all my pokeballs, too, and Cursed twice, so I ran away cuz I didn't want to risk dying and losing my nuzlocke already. So I had to forfeit my very first encounter. Unfortunate.
    • Got to Route 202 where Lucas was waiting, and was trying to demonstrate to me how to catch a Pokémon. Apparantly that consists of using Worry Seed on an electibuzz and throwing a Pokéball at it at full health. Worst part was that he caught it though, which made me look like a chump. He gave me 5 pokeballs though so that's cool.
    • Went back to Lake Verity to see what my encounter there would be. Which was...
    Lake Verity encounter.PNG

• ...a Koffing! Not the best but much easier to catch than an Electivire. Only took two Pokeballs. I named it after another friend I had named Nee. He has Effect Spore as his ability, with the moves Bonemerang and Guillotine. Yep. Guillotine. Not even bad.
    • Went back to Route 202 to see my encounter there, in which it was...
    Route 202 Encounter.PNG
    • ... a Muk. Don't get me wrong, I like Muk, but this is looking more like a Gen 1 Mono-Poison run than a Randomizer Nuzlocke. I amazingly caught it on the first Pokéball, too. I named it DarkFuture, foreshadowing it's Poison/Dark Alolan form. It's got some powerful moves though, like Wood Hammer, Close Combat, and Rock Blast. Battle Armor is the ability, but hey, it's better than nothing. Also relieves me of the worry of dying to a random crit.
    • I trained up my newbies to a decent level on Route 201 before continuing onwards (Route 202 had Slakings, which I was not about to freaking risk). Managed to beat all the trainers and get a Grepa Berry before getting to Jublife city
    • Got to Jublife City and Looker, the guy who'd reveal he is part of the International Police for no reason. Delivered the Parcel to A1, and did obtained the Poketch by answering some really easy questions where you can literally just spam A and get them all right.
    I think I'll go ahead and end it for now. Next time we'll try and get some more encounters and see if we can take on Roark and his not-quite Rock type gym. Here is the current team:

Lv. 8 Calm Natured Zubat (Crobatwomn)
    Ability: Clear Body
    Item: None
    Moveset: Rock Slide / Power Trick

Lv. 8 Gentle Natured Koffing (Nee)
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Moveset: Guillotine / Bonemerang / Energy Ball

Lv. 8 Lonely Natured Muk (DarkFuture)
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Moveset: Rock Blast / Wood Hammer / Charm / Close Combat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Mandriel likes this.
  2. Birthday

Birthday School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,414.6
    And it was never finished since.