1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A day without internet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pokémist, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ever happened that your internet had issues or it expired?
    If not, how would you feel if something like that happened? Would you be able to spend your time without internet?

Well, its hard for me. Most of my work including studies, assignments and projects are done online. And since I'm living alone, without internet it would be so boring and difficult.
    My internet just poofed for 2 days and I know how difficult it became for me to spend time and do other stuff so I dont think I will last much long without internet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    You okay over there? I hope it'll be fixed soon!
    I haven't had an Internet crash in a long time. Most of my studies are online, too, so I'd probably try to shove all my homework and stuff into one free period. If the day was a holiday or a weekend with no schoolwork, I'd probably actually do the drawing reque... oh, wait, can't do that without a reference. Well, I'd just draw, then. Or read. Whatever floats my boat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I've lost the internet for a few hours before due to maintenance etc, but it's been a very long time since I lost it for a day.

I lost it for a week once when an invading mouse chewed through the phone line...that was a very, VERY bad week. My little brother could not comprehend that the internet was gone, and he spent a lot of time complaining. I just buried myself in my books and video games...which is more or less what I'd do now.

Although not having internet access causes me a lot of anxiety. I can function without it and find things to do to amuse myself, but I get very anxious not having it.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I've had a few days without internet! Moving house and stuff. Usually I unpack or just sit and draw for the whole time hahah!
    Or I go out and take pictures.
    Or play video games!

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  5. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I can't imagine not having internet tbh. We've lost it for a few hours before but that's not a big deal.

I assume I'd probably do a lot of reading and drawing. We have plenty of stuff on DVD too, so I'd probably watch some TV. It wouldn't be too bad as long as it was only for a day.

6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I haven't had the internet cut out in recent memory so I don't have anything to draw from. If the internet went out, I'd just go to my local internet providing place and use that internet. That or I would study my physics like I do most every day.

7. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I've lost it once or twice for longer than a day, but I always have pencils and paper ready for if it does happen. I don't find it hard to occupy myself, and it's actually easier to sleep without something distracting me. So, I may like internet, but I don't need it 24/7, even though it's really important to me for my inspiration.

8. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    If it was just recreational, I'm sure I would be just fine without internet for a day. I may spend a lot of time on my computer, but I'd be able to easily find other things to do. However, I'm currently taking some online classes, so internet is kind of important for me to have right now. I'm sure I'd be able to figure things out if I only had to go without internet for a day, but it definitely wouldn't be the ideal situation.

9. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I remember going a week without internet a year or so ago and that was hella painful. A single day I'd be able to get through just fine if I could connect through my phone, but please nothing longer than a few days. I'd feel so disconnected given how much of my time is spent communicating online.

hard to break away from the screen usage once you've accustomed yourself to it hhahaa.......very hard

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My internet is my cell phone used as a wifi hotspot. That said, on cloudy or electrical-storm days, I lose my internet completely. I'm used to it, and I have a lot that I can do offline. Working on fanfics as long as I don't need to research, playing games that don't have forced online connectivity, or just doing chores that need to be done. It's survivable, and happens pretty frequently for me.

And then there's also the time that my phone entirely broke, so I had to buy a new one which took a week of shipping, and then another week of misunderstanding with getting re-activated with a new carrier... yeah, that was a headache. No internet anywhere.

My internet's unreliable anyway: in my own room I have spotty cell reception, so I need to put my phone on top of a bookshelf for better signal. I've been notified that my connection has been lost twice so far just during the writing of this post, but at least it came back.

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Reading the title made me go 'hah!" I dont really enjoy my day without internet.

12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Usually I don’t have internet whenever my family goes to a hotel, because most have an internet service that only allows 4 devices to connect for free. My brother and dad always take one, which leaves me and my 3 other sisters to decide which 2 get internet. I usually let them have it since I can connect to my phone’s wifi if necessary. Which I don’t normally do unless I absolutely have to check something important. So I usually end up without internet for however long we stay. It’s actually not too bad, since most of the day we go swimming anyway, and I can play games and do other things offline.

13. Vaporstar4x4

Stephy
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,087.7
    There were times where our internet would go out and we'd be without internet for a day or two. There were also times when I was younger that when I got grounded I wouldn't be allowed on a computer. Luckily, neither problem happened for quite some time and I hope they won't anytime soon.
    Whenever this happened I would either draw or watch TV. It's a good way to pass the time, but if I was in an art block or nothing good was on then I was suffering.

14. Baratheon

Baratheon Ours is the Fury

Slash
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽378.4
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I’m normally okay without my internet— I enjoy it, don’t be mistaken, but it’s not necessary. When I have classwork, though... then it gets dicey. Ours goes out often when it rains too hard, but I usually just book it down to my favorite cafe down the road and knock out homework with some coffee.