1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 A drifter meets a farm-hand.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by PoserPanda, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Lily listened intently to the girl, who didn't really seem to know the distance by her gesture, but, well, that was like Lily... she just winged it. Then she said, "That might be it... does an elder couple run it?"

Leyna stopped for a moment, so Lily slowed down to let her catch up. Then Leyna went even faster, to which Lily followed through.

"I mean... I kind of just enjoyed the journey, got no idea what's on it, we can check it out once we get to auntie's, but I didn't have a set deadline so it shouldn't be anything, like, you know, ultra important," she said with a laugh, carefree, and then ruffled Lila's head, who in turn came back with two Lum berries, ruffled Lily's hair, and handed Lily the two berries, after eating a portion of one of the two.

"Want one?" Lily asked, smiling to the side where Leyna was.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I stopped trying to rush, hearing that. We would arrive with plenty of time to get back, and Garland wasn't poisoned, so it wasn't like he was constantly being drained of his energy. He would be okay. Plus, it might have been annoying to not keep a consistent speed.

"Sorry." I stopped trying to outpace my worries. "A berry? Yes please!" I scratched my stomach, the cold feeling reminding me to eat something. "It has been at least a day." I reached for the berry, grinning with not a bit of my usual forced happiness.

"Thank you so much, Lily! You're so prepared and awesome!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    The praise, which came out of the blue, made Lily a bit bashful. Honestly, she was kind of a mess, sometimes forgot things, but she always tried to have fun anyways. If she and Leyna were having fun, then all was fine! She gave the berry that was not eaten to Leyna, and she ate a portion of the other that Lila had eaten a portion of, and gave it back to Lila, who started munching on it.

"Eh? You think?" she said, a slight blush creeping up on her face. "Thank you, I try my best," she puffed her chest out, and Lila mimicked her from her shoulder. "I'm glad to help, we should thank Min too... she made sure I didn't forget anything," she said, looking at the Mienshao with a smile, then beaming and looking at Leyna.

Then she got curious as they walked on, "Hum, so Leyna, right... what do you do at the ranch?" She was just curious about her. There was a very small portion of her brain that was thinking that maybe if she had just a pretty and cool partner like her, she could finally go on her journey, but she kind of set that aside, it was just a wild dream after all and she probably wouldn't commit to it.

PoserPanda likes this.
  4. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    While watching Lily share with her Pokémon, I split my berry in half, ate most of my share, and held out the other half to her. She wasn't expecting to add a traveler to her party, so I didn't feel right about eating all of it. "Thank you for the berry. It's been a while since I had one."

I gently lifted what remained of the berry, a morsel really, to Garland. His zipper only opened to one notch before he allowed me to feed him. Such a sweet boy.

"Thank you Min. You are both very gracious." I smiled and returned my attention to walking and wiping my berry-juiced hand against my filthy body suit. The other carefully held my Ultra Ball, keeping my thumb away from the release button to be safe. It was a bit difficult to do things while holding it. I kept trying to do things with both hands, even though it frustrated me.

"One of these days I will learn to be more dexterous." I grinned weakly.

5. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Lily didn't want to accept the half-berry, after all, it was Leyna who was injured! She grabbed it nonetheless, but gave it to Min, who again refused, so Lily had no choice but to give it to Lila, who gleefully accepted it.

Lily looked at the Banette eat the remainder of the berry, slowly opening up its zipper-mouth. Then she looked at Leyna wiping her hand on her clothes, yeah, she'd try to get her a change of clothes as soon as they got there, she definitely shouldn't be wearing such dirty clothing! Plus, she wanted to be good host! It looked like she was having trouble holding the Ultra Ball, eating the berry, and so on.

Min simply nodded at the compliment, with a slight smile on her face. "Eh? It's fine! I'm sure you're plenty, since you work at the ranch. If you want any more berries, I do have more in my backpack, so just let me know!" Lily said. "Want me to keep that Ultra Ball on my backpack?" she asked, trying to make it as comfortable as possible for Leyna.

6. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    "Oh! I guess I should have eaten that berry. Whoopsie." I grimaced slightly, before returning to my neutral face. With Lily's offer, I didn't think stop to reconsider. No use sharing a berry, when there was more to go around. I thought to make that my new motto, and nodded to Lily.

"Yes thanks. I'm just fretting about it breaking. If he does burst out of your pack, I can get you a new one. But yeah, I guess I can be dexterous. It's just a matter of staying calm."

I looked at our surroundings, even just a little happy that the walk was going to take some time. More time to spend with the cheerful Lily. It was the highlight of my day.

7. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    "Hey, don't fret it, the gesture was nice," Lily smiled and playfully bumped Leyna's shoulder. Then she grabbed the Ultra Ball and handed it to Lila, who went into the Minccino backpack and came out without the ball but with a Wepear Berry, a vivid green berry with a pear-like form, like an hourglass.

"Sooo," Lily drawled, thinking of a topic of conversation while they walked out of the forest and into an unpaved road, "how is the ranch like? Is it fun?" It was fun talking with Leyna. She seemed to be someone whose life was pretty different from Lily's and she seemed to be comfortable with Lily, so Lily was happy to have found someone like this on her journey to deliver the package. This was definitely the best secret route that she had not expected at all!

8. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Still a little wound-up from earlier today, I stumbled forward. I was surprised only because I hadn't been watching Lily to see that she was going to bump me in a friendly manner. It didn't hurt. "Woah!" I tripped over my feet, righting myself when I regained balance. "Whoopsie! Guess you're a might stronger than a ranch hand. On my weakened state, of course."

As we traveled into the mid-morning, part of the Route seemed more familiar, a little more open. We were getting closer to our destination, our parting ways? Perhaps. I hadn't even answered Lily's last question about my boss. I didn't really consider them elderly. They were...fifty-five? Tops? But the pair's hair colors, through hard work and plenty of stress, was already white. They were the ones. Especially if the package held the new Jesses my boss had ordered.

"Well, To answer all of your previous questions at once..." I tilted my head for a moment, trying to put my thoughts in order, while still answering in a timely manner. Awkward pauses and all that.
    "...My boss, Rancher Dwayne is certainly considered elderly. Though nobody would say so. Unless he brought it up first. Politeness and all that." I patted my leg as I talked about what could possibly be in the package.

"Jesses. For the Braviary we raise in the mews."

9. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Lily worried for a moment, but chuckled at Leyna's words. She wondered how strong was Leyna in comparison to her. Lily was fit, yeah, she basically walked everyday, but she wasn't really 'strong' physically.

As they walked, they were getting closer to Kaya's PC, it wasn't still on the horizon but they were close. They were about to enter the Town proper now. Lily looked at Leyna, who paused awkwardly as she told her about the ranch. Lily didn't care, she was just really that interested on the new gal she'd met and what she did.

"Oooh, then it must be your ranch..." Lily said, sure of herself. "Oh? Jesses? What are those?" her face showed she was puzzled, and she looked at Leyna expecting some sort of explanation because she really had no idea what that meant... maybe it was something ranchers used?

10. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    I decided against tapping my leg again, to not jostle Garland in his time of rest. "Jesses are harness'. It helps to keep the bird safe, calm, and trainable."

I kept my focus on the path ahead, stroking Garland. "It's necessary for handling them. And I'm really glad you have it. The Ultra Ball won't last another catch, after the way I tossed it." I smiled a bit, feeling a bit guilty.

"We're gonna have to open my boss's mail to bring Cranky Franky back to the ranch." It wasn't a great idea, but this harness was tailored specifically for him. It would be more sturdy, and the hood slightly longer.

Would it be necessary to spend more time with Lily, at that point? The package would have served its purpose, and having her walk back wouldn't make too much sense. As cute as she is, I don't want to keep her from her other duties. Or to even side-track her further. "Once Franky and Garland are healed and ready to go, you won't have to follow me back to the ranch. I'll be sure to let my boss know how much you've helped, and he will most likely send you a gift via Pelipper." I felt bad for diverting her delivery so drastically, and figured she wouldn't mind compensation.

"Almost there." I said gently, to Garland.

11. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    "Oooh," Lily voiced her amazement. So, harnesses? It must be really hard to keep unruly Pokémon in check. Lily wasn't cut out for that job at all, she was rather carefree and wouldn't be happy harming a Pokémon by accident or something.

"Oh, sure," granted, Lily was just a bit wary about opening it not in the ranch. She trusted Leyna, though, and she was really cool, so Lily was sure everything would be alright... probably. But, she did want to go to the ranch, though! And... she didn't want to part ways with Leyna, so there was that too.

"No, no," Lily made a gesture with her hand, like waving it, "I want to go to the ranch with you! Like, I want to see it and stuff, and... you could teach me how you harness Franky; plus, we need to heal you too," Lily said almost pouting, and pointing to Leyna's wound.

12. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    I couldn't stop myself from giggling at her energy and response. "Okay, if you're that bored." I joked, feeling happier now that we were closer to our destination. "I wouldn't mind having you around. There's so much to see of the Ranch, what I do, that you wouldn't get bored easily."

I could see a building getting closer, and my elation rose. "Is that it? Is that the Center? Oh! I could stock up on antidotes and so many different healing sprays!" I moved Garland carefully to my front, cradling him close. "Nearly there bubby!"

"Please tell me that's the building." My eyes felt like they were about to bubble over with tears, both of joy and of hope. I had never put Garland in any serious battle before, making this trip's battle feel so much more dangerous.

13. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    "I'm sure I wouldn't!" Lily exclaimed, beaming. She was pretty excited to see what they did at the ranch! It was like a whole new world for her and if she had Leyna as a teacher of sorts it'd be even more amazing!

Lily watched as Leyna got overly-excited that they were arriving at the center, she smiled gladly and let her talk. Leyna'd shuffled her Banette to her front and cradled him... which was pretty cute. "I'll make sure you get all the antidotes you need, don't want you two to come back like this again..." Lily said, a bit sternly, but then got back to her more chipper mood, "but, yep, that's where aunt Kaya is and we're gonna have a blast after we heal you two!" Lily beamed and pointed at their direction.

Lila, from up top, smiled fondly, and Min was sighing, exhausted from today's chipper moods... but she'd enjoyed it, she wouldn't lie.

14. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    "Okay, I guess I won't come back to the Pokémon Center then." I winked at Lily, blushing at my audacity to wink at such a lady. I charged ahead after hearing that the Center was just so close. I felt even happier, being so close to healing my Pokémon and having a good time with Lily.

"I'll meet you inside!" Though Garland did not approve of my abrupt speed-burst, he knew why I did so. Turning his head, and reaching a feeble arm out for the Center, made me run faster, no longer jogging but sprinting.

I knew I could have phrased my words better, and it made me feel worried that Lily would get the wrong idea. If I waited for her at the door, then opened it for her, would that be better? Nicer? Uhg! Sometimes I feel like I don't spend enough time with humans.

#34 Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  15. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lila, the Minccino (F), Lvl. ?
    Lily's first Pokémon. She's clingy and overprotective. She always has fun imitating what Lily does.
    ---
    Minccino, the Chinchilla Pokémon. Minccino loves shiny things and will use its tail as a brush to clean any objects that are dirty.
    Type: -
    Ability: -
    Moves:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Full Character Sheet
    Location: In the middle of Kaya's PC and the ranches, near Floccesy Town, Unova Region
    Time: Morning
    Wearing: Khaki shorts that went almost to her knees, a green dress-shirt with a Hoppip flowery design that she'd stolen from Kaya's old clothes, fashionable red sneakers, her necklace.
    Items: Backpack (inside: herbs, berries, her forest outfit (loose hiking green pants with lots of pockets, a plain white shirt with a dark purple jacket atop it, and brown hiking shoes) her other outfit (a white t-shirt with two women-sex signs intertwined, in purple; a black jacket, blue jeans and black, comfy shoes, with white socks), a book on plants, her C-Gear, etc.).
    As the two were loitering around the door, a tall, flat-chested, woman with her hair cut messily and going down just a bit longer than her shoulders sprung out of the door, wearing a classy dress shirt, green with dots that were actually very small Petilils, long jeans with an Eevee patch on the left leg, white and blue socks, classy brown shoes, and a green bandana on her neck.
    "Whaaaa?" Lily was, simply put, astonished. She, honestly, had no idea what had just happened. Had Leyna winked at her? And was she blushing? Oh my, it had been cute. But... she wouldn't come back!? Was Lily doing something wrong? That couldn't be, right? They had just met, after all! But still, Lily was a bit confounded. In any case, she watched as Leyna walked off briskly, bursting towards the Center's door. She seemed to be hesitant to open it, but Lily wasn't sure, so she paced faster.

"You gave me a scare there!" she laughed, this Leyna gal was pretty hard to read, not that Lily was a genius at reading people but... well, she hoped all her traveling around for nonsense just speaking to people amounted to something, at the very least! As the two were loitering around the door, a tall, flat-chested, woman with her hair cut messily and going down just a bit longer than her shoulders sprung out of the door, wearing a classy dress shirt, green with dots that were actually very small Petilils, long jeans with an Eevee patch on the left leg, white and blue socks, classy brown shoes, and a green bandana on her neck. It was clear where Lily got her dressing style from. Obviously, it was Kaya! "Oh my, Lily, have you brought a friend already?" she said, with a mocking voice that seemed to be imitating someone. Only Lily would know that she was imitating her other auntie, Haye.

Lily groaned and facepalmed dramatically. "Kaya! Get serious now... we need to heal our two guests, gosh!" she looked at Leyna and blushed a bit, embarrased.

#35 Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  16. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    "Ah yes! Friends." I agreed, before muttering to myself, "For now." I offered my Garland to Kaya, my voice raising to an audible level in my suddenly mopey mood. I couldn't help leaping to different emotions to keep myself from crying.

"Here is my sweet boy. Please help him." As much as I knew Cranky Franky needed attention as well, I had to make sure Garland was first. I reverted to a more childish state of mind, feeling silly for my worries.

I kept my face turned away from Kaya, looking instead at Lily. I handed Garland over to the woman, taking Pokecoins from my deep back pocket to pay for her services. "If there's anything extra you can do for him, please give him extra attention. The moves my Braviary had used on him weren't super-effective, but Garland isn't my battle-mon."

I moved back to Lily's side. "May I have Franky?"

17. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Kaya grabbed the coins and stood there with the Garland, holding him comfortably. "Now now, a friend of Lily is a friend of the Center, so I'll take care of him for free today," Kaya said and smiled, holding out the coins back to Lily, who promptly grabbed them. Kaya gave Lily a peck on the forehead, not wanting to embarrass her further but still needing to do it 'cause it was her dear niece, come on! Lily pouted and then looked at Leyna, who was looking at her.

"Oh, sure!" Lily made a hand-sign and Lila easily fished the ball out of her backpack, then gave it to Lily. "Here you go, Leyna~" she said in a flighty tone. "Now we gotta get you checked, too," Lily said a bit sternly, looking at Leyna's arm and extending her hand to caress it slightly near where the wound was.

"You're hurt too?!" Kaya said, looking at her arm, that she had just noticed was bleeding, though it had mostly stopped. She was a bit of an airhead. "Well, come inside, we'll heal you up in the garden," Kaya said and stepped into the Center, waving to the other nurses who were taking care of other Pokémon while some trainers idly sat on benches or worried about their Pokémon, Kaya was all smiles. Lily looked at Leyna and looked at Leyna, then at Kaya with her eyes, prompting her to follow her. "Let's go," Lily smiled warmly. She was having fun, even though they were healing, it was always great to help people and she couldn't help wanting to stay with Leyna more... even if Leyna seemingly did not want to... Lily did not understand some of her attitudes but she'd do her best.