1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, May 28, 2018.

?

What region do you want to travel in?

1. Kanto

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Johto

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Hoenn

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Sinnoh

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Unova

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kalos

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Custom: Kaiko

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I put in the age limitation for a reason, Fate can be anywhere from 16-25. Not below, not above. Sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Is there anything else I can do about my OC in order to make it in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I checked ou the previous post you made, I miser it just before my exam began. And tou have been accepted~ welcome!

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Oh, thank you so much! I wish you good luck on your exam!
    Or, well, if it's already done, here's the best of luck to an awesome grade!
    Sorry if I was annoying!

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Nah, it is fine, no worries about it~

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Name: Silvia Amaryllis
    Age (16-25): 24
    Description (pictures are allowed):
    [​IMG]
    Silvia is a medium sized woman, 5'6", but makes up for it on stage with presence. Her casual look has similar hair, either in a braided bun or in loose waves down her back. Her casual clothing consists of light blue boots, white straight legged pants, a white crop top with a pink stripe through the center, a blue Poketch, and a light blue leather/pleather jack over top. While the color is hard to keep up with, but roots are a cardinal sin, so she always carries the needed equipment to redye even when she is traveling. On a casual day, she leaves the makeup rather basic, just a pink lipstick and eyeliner and mascara.
    Character: After being raised in such a traditional town, the moment her journey could get her away from Celestic Town, the better. She found herself receiving a prop kit from a coordinator with a spare and got into the world of Pokémon Contests in Hearthome City. She had been competing since with him by her side, taking on the Sinnoh Contest ring for Cool contests and never quiet making it through masters leaving her titleless after years of work with her Pokémon. It was at this point she made a change in herself, spending time choosing to be more flamboyant and honing skills related to the craft of Pokémon Contests. Silvia tried as many things as she could to try and make her Pokémon as snazzy as possible from new moves to poffin making, nothing seemed to give her the edge she needed.

These constant defeats lead her to try picking out a new Pokémon, her Sylveon, and traveling to a new region to attempt the contest circuit again, leading to how she is now as a 24-year-old woman. Silvia works a lot with her looks and while she is tactical, if there is beauty involved, she may let the inspiration overtake her usual mature demeanor. As she had been traveling for years, camping, while not her favorite, isn't something she is scared by anymore. Silvia may not have the support of her family in Celestic Town, she holds a mask like sense of pride over her shy and damaged heart.

Trainer type (co-ordinator, league trainer, breeder): Co-ordinator
    Home region: Sinnoh
    Hometown: Celestic Town
    Equipment: Prop Kit, Costumes, Sewing Kit, Sleeping Bag, Beauty Supplies (makeup, brushes, clips), Toiletries, Fire Starters, a Small Pan, Ball Capsules and Seals.
    Pokeballs (Only if your character uses all Friend Balls, Dive Balls, ultra balls, etc. as a theme or something): Love Balls

Cobalt the Empoleon- Adamant Nature, Proud of its power
    Silvia's first Pokémon, raised it from a Piplup in the contest circuit for Coolness. She didn't spend as much time leveling Cobalt as much as pampering the Pokémon and focusing on contest combinations that could impress the judges. As such, Cobalt knows how to battle, as it took levels to evolve the Pokémon, but never had a strong handle on it. Silvia babies Cobalt since he was her starter and only Pokémon for years, they have a close bond with each other.

Aqua Jet, Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Stealth Rock, Defog

Cosmo the Shiny Sylveon (evidence will be added soon, 3DS still packed from move) Modest Nature, Likes to Run
    As an Eevee, Cosmo was an egg gift from a breeder who was a fan of Silvia's work, much to both their surpise, out popped a shiny Eevee. Silvia was still competing with Cobalt at the time so she wasn't sure what she would do with such an elegant Pokémon, so she let the little Eevee watch their training and hang out outside of its ball all day. The closer the three grew, the more Silvia started to want to train the young Pokémon for contests. She prepared to evolve Eevee into an Espeon, but before she got the chance, it evolved into Sylveon. As a coordinator, she couldn't be more excited to have a beautiful Pokémon by her side, so thats what she trained Cosmo for, beauty, but now in this new region, who knows what they will and will not need. Cosmo has never battled anyone other than Cobalt and Silvia protects the young Sylveon greatly.

Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Echoed Voice, Flash, Heal Bell

7. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    You have been accepted~

Cadbberry likes this.
  8. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    *All the trials not league

9. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Hmmm... Yeah, guess I'm out for this one, I already got a canon set up for Fate in my own story and I don't wanna stray too far from it. Rip.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    That is a shame, but understandable. If you change it too much it can lead to confusion.

I need to wait for @Lunar-Peacle to accept the last two spots for this RP

@Laserdragon14 @ChocoChicken @Revan @Hraesvelgr @Cad: 76

I am going to give you all access to the Kaiko Pokédex.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19kvZTnv-Q2fCgPuIayeUH-1NRXfTscGub81QjK10qDs/edit?usp=sharing

You are not allowed to catch any legendaries.

You are allowed only one shiny per team. So if you already picked a shiny and shown me proof, you need to tell me you would like to switch the Pokémon and of course, provide proof.

You are allowed to have 6 moves a Pokémon and we will be working with the USUM Dex for the movesets and abilities.

There may be only THREE of each Pokémon Line that can be caught in Kaiko. I will put in a counter in this post so you may check who has already claimed what. PLEASE PING ME WITH YOUR COMPLETED TEAM OR SEND A PM HERE OR ON DISCORD! (If your Pokémon do not appear in the dex, I won't write them down here.)

This is Kaiko's Map. It was made for a more game-based experience, so I will be interjecting extra towns in for contests and events like festivals.

[​IMG]
    Credit to @Lotus Reverie for the amazing map he made for our story Shifting Seasons and an Ocean of Flowers, and that we are now using for this RP as well.

Gym order will be
    Bluebell
    Lantana
    Silene
    Saguaro
    Hyacinth
    Numphea
    Orchid
    Belladonna

I am keeping the gyms secret for now~ but you will be getting general info about the towns before we go there~

#30 May 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Cadbberry likes this.
  11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    A few questions here:
    1. Why is the move limit six moves? Just curious. It's usually four, isn't it? Or is this allowed?
    2. I'm a bit confused about the Pokémon Line thing. What exactly does it mean? Does it mean that you can only get 3 Pokémon lines in Kaiko, but you can have as many as you want if they're outside of the Kaiko Pokédex?
    3 (EDIT): Can we have a team of under 6 Pokémon, if that's alright? (This is probably another stupid question.)

Thanks in advance! And sorry for spam!

#31 May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    1. I find 4 moves to be too limiting and more than 6 annoying yo remember, so you can have a maximum moveset of 6 moves per Pokémon.

2. A Pokémon line according to me is all Pokémon from one evolution line. So Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, are one line.

3. You are allowed to have a max of 6 Pokémon. You can have less Pokémon if you want to.

4. Please put it as the Pokémon you catch it as. If you catch a Nidorino, but plan to evolve it, you put down Nidorino.

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Another question: Is there a limit to TM moves you can have on your Pokémon?

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Two TM moves and one egg move max for Pokémon that you caught yourself or starter, or 3 egg moves and one TM, only if it was actually hatched from an egg or gotten from a Hatchery/Nursery/Breeding center.

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Thanks!

16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    sorry for empty slate, will fix up later!
    Name: Krystal Evans (Thank you Random Name Generator)
    Age (16-25): 18
    Description (pictures are allowed):
    [​IMG]
    beware- old art
    Character: Krystal was born in Jhoto but grew up in Kanto. Her father was a expert trainer that traveled the world, leaving Krystal in her grandparents' care. Krystal is a soft spoken person, often listening than imputing her opinions. Her cooking skills aren't the best, but she has a decent knowledge on natural remedies. Her father, when he showed up, taught her about the challenges of being a trainer, and to treat all Pokémon with respect.

Trainer type (co-ordinator, league trainer, breeder):league trainer
    Home region: Kanto
    Hometown: Viridian City
    Equipment: 3x Potions, a stash of Berries (5x Oran, 5x Cheri, 5x Pecha, 5x Rawst, 5x Chesto), 3 re-fillable Water Bottles, Pokémon Food, Medical Kit, Fishing Rod, Rain Coat, Folding Tent, Pokédex, and Map
    Pokeballs (Only if your character uses all Friend Balls, Dive Balls, ultra balls, etc. as a theme or something): Friend Balls

Pokémon (you are allowed to start with 2 Pokémon, from any region as long as they make sense with your character, no fully evolved pseudo legends, no legendary Pokémon, when the region is chosen, you may plan for your team, run it by me first! If you want a shiny, you need to prove to me that you actually have it in-game):
    Lola-Buneary (Female)
    Jolly, Run Away
    Pound, Foresight, Return, Work Up
    Lola was a gift from Krystal's father after he returned from a trip to Sinnoh. Lola and Krystal didn't get along at first, leading to physical altercations (namely Lola punching Krystal with her ears) and bouts of stubbornness in play battles. In time Krystal won Lola's respect, protecting her from a horde of Grimer while traveling to Celadon City with her grandfather. Lola is a bit playful, however it sometimes seems to be 'snobbish'-leading to some Pokémon or people to think that she is spoiled or possibly a coordinator's Pokémon. She doesn't like Smooze that much right now, still sore about how they met.

Smooze- Grimer (Kantoian) (Male)
    Bashful, Sticky Hold
    Poison Gas, Pound, Shadow Ball, Swagger
    Smooze was the first Pokémon that Krystal caught, while visiting Celadon City with her grandpa. During a attempted play battle, Lola ran off and bumped into a pack of disgruntled Grimer. Krystal arrived in time to save Lola from a Sludge Bomb, aiding the Buneary as the group of sludge monsters tried to dispose of them. After taking down the head-honcho Grimer, Krystal pondered, then tried her luck with a new Friend Ball she had managed to afford. Surprisingly (to her), the catch was a success, and Smooze joined her growing family! Smooze tends to act more cool around other Pokémon, however he really sucks up to Krystal-wanting to prove his worth to her.

#36 May 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Cadbberry likes this.
  18. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    that's fine by me

19. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I have no issues with this

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Same as above, having another group might be fun.