1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

"A New Life", AU fanfiction

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by AeroJester203, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AeroJester203

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    So, I'm posting this here. Hope you all like! :)
    Summary: After Team Rocket is defeated by Ash Ketchum and company once again, Meowth begins to rethink his motives for joining Team Rocket and staying for so long. When he decides that his former goals aren't enough reason, and also being unable to get any stronger, he leaves. What he gets next is the last thing he expects; a second chance. Dropped into a new world, and warned of danger, he must help to save it however he can.

Quick note, I edited a few grammar errors that I noticed, and changed a few lines from the original. It's generally the same, though.

[SIZE=12pt]Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon or any of its games in any way, shape, or form.[/SIZE]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [SIZE=12pt]Prologue, Part 1: Reflections[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh no, not again![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The twerps figured out our machine again. I thought for sure that a shockproof and fireproof freeze blaster would do the trick, but they soaked it and the machine froze itself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Pikachu, use Volt Tackle!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh, crud...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Pika-Pika-Pika-PIKA-PIKACHU!!!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*BOOM*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Looks like we're blasting off again!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As we fly over ocean, I start to worry about our landing, but James pulls out a remote. Huh, must be the new device I heard them whispering about. He pushes the button, and after a bit, the balloon floats up with a big net coming out the trap door. It lines up and catches all three of us before dropping us off in the basket.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The blue-haired, half-time genius held up the remote proudly, "See? I told you it would be a good idea, Jess." The woman in question responded with a scoff, "Alright, for once something you thought of actually worked." This, as always, started an argument between the two "lovebirds", which I tuned out to do some thinking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Man, dat's the third one in two weeks. Our funds're running low, and we've already been cutting back on meals. What're we doing wrong? How are those twerps always one step ahead of us? Why...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Whoa! Hold it boy-o, when didja start asking yaself "why"? But... thinking 'bout it, my life ain't always been about da "why", more 'bout da goal. Maybe it's time I put more thought into this word. Maybe...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"MEOWTH!!!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Eh, what is it?" For some reason, Jessie was scowling down at me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"We were just thinking about our next course of action."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Oh, sorry 'bout that. Guess I'm a little tapped out from the flight. Tink I'll take a catnap and talk wit' you two later"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Oh fine, we're going to look for a place to land."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Okay, you do that." I walk off to a corner of the basket and curl up to doze, but something that Jess says gets my attention after I closed my eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Why are you even a member of this team"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]?![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"if you're not going to contribute to planning."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I don't know why, but I continued to pretend being asleep so I could think about what I just heard.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There's dat word again. Why? I suppose dat da reason why I joined Team Rocket is dat I wanted to become rich and powerful to win Meowzie's heart, but dat plan hasn't exactly panned out well. Even if I still [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]could win her heart, dis course ain't exactly turnin' a profit. So... why am I still here?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Maybe I stay 'cuz of Jessie and James. After all, I've had several chances ta leave, but I always turned 'em down for da sake of the "friendship" dat we seem ta share. It may also jus' be a parta my nature. Even when I was just a stray who wandered the streets of Tinsel Town, I went into a gang. Birds of a feather flock together, as they say. Does that mean that, no matter what, I'll always be pulling this shtick? Bein' parta a gang dat has nuttin' ta do but steal?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]...Dis is starting to get a little too complicated. Think I'll actually sleep for a bit and go for a walk later. There should be a very nice full moon tonight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-Two hours later-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Meowth, it's time to wake up."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Blue hair? Oh, it's James.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] "Hey Jimmy, what time is it?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Firstly, for the last time, stop calling me 'Jimmy'." He said this with a bit of a scowl, but his face softened again, "Secondly, it's around sunset, and Jessie is trying to convert what's left of our rations into something edible."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Soooooo, you're here to get my last will and testament?" I quipped.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]James shuddered a bit at what Jessie could possibly make out of an onion, two apples, some freshwater and a nearly expired can of sardines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Despite this he looked over his shoulder and whispered, "You know as well as I that she would kill us if she heard this conversation. Just be ready, and then we're going to sleep. We have an early start tomorrow."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dinner wasn't actually that bad. (Probably 'cuz Jessie didn't actually try to cook anything.) We each got a third of an onion, two apple slices, a sealable cup of water and four sardines. When it was time to hit the hay, I just curled up with my eyes closed and waited until I heard Jessie stop grumbling and light snoring from James. Then I got up and went for a walk on the forest path. As I had thought, there was a full moon shining down on a partly cloudy night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ah, I love the moon. It calms me down and helps me think.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now I can think about what I wanted ta earlier. What was it again? Ah, right, I was thinkin' 'bout why I joined Team Rocket. Do da reasons I had back then really still work now? I don't have a chance in Hell of winning Meowzie over anymore. I've made no progress of earning money for myself, but is [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]that even a real reason now? I was happy bein' a simple chef at dat noodle restaurant, 'til I found out that Jessie and James were in trouble goin' after dat rare Metagross.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I nodded. Dat's right; I always went back fa Jessie and James. We've been thick as thieves ever since our days at the academy. But why did I join in the first place again? Oh yeah, I left Hollywood hurting over Meowzie's rejection. I was lookin' for a way to get rich quick, so I joined Team Rocket. But both those goals're pretty much outta my reach. What was my goal once I joined Team Rocket? The boss's approval?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"I'm sick of your constant failures."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Yeah, dat [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]really went well. So... why am I still here? Money? We've lost more dan I can count chasin' dat one Pikachu. Yeah, Pikachu, the reason we go through so much grief. But why do we keep going after him? Ain't there other Pokémon ta go after?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"We're only interested in rare and valuable Pokémon."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But s'not like dat one group of twerps is huntin' [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]us down. If we stepped carefully, we could prob'ly dodge 'em and get some missions actually done. Why do we always hunt them down? S'not like we ever come close ta catching Pikachu fa longer dan a few minutes. Man, why are we so weak?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Why are you even a member of this team if you're not going to contribute to planning?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hey, I help. Who thought ta make da freeze blaster fireproof as well as shockproof? Oh, right, it was James... Well in battle I'm... da weak link... Can I do [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]anything besides be the mascot? All I know is Scratch, Fury Swipes, and Bite. I couldn't even learn Faint Attack, much less Pay Day... Earlier today I was thinking if it was my destiny to always be in a gang, stealing from others.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Any time ya feel like offerin' inspiration?" I said out loud to the full moon in the sky which had started to move more to the ground instead of being right over my head. "Great, just great, now I think I'm talking to a floating hunk of space rock."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Right when I said this, a shooting star flew across the sky, streaking across the moon and fading to my right.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Whoa! I'm sorry I doubted ya, Moon!" I closed my eyes and thought of what to wish for.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I wish... I wish I could do somethin' else wit' my life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then the realization hit me like a pack of Golems. The only one that can make dat wish come true... is me.[/SIZE]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First part of the prologue! Since this entire story is already written, I'm going to be posting a new chapter every couple of days, after proofreading for grammar bugs or odd phrasing like I found in this chapter.
    See you all then!

-AJ203

2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I love the theme of your story :D Meowth leaving Team Rocket and receiving a second chance really sounds cool!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I love the story. It's amazing! I can't wait to read the rest! :love:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AeroJester203

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Sorry that these chapters have been a little short, but I can't change what I've already written (much). Hope you all enjoy the second chapter! :)
    -----------------------------------------------
    [SIZE=12pt]Prologue, Part 2: Resolution[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After I just had that major breakthrough, I was standing totally still on that same spot for what seemed like hours.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Only I can change what I do wit' my life. And, technically, I'm not tied down to Team Rocket since I don't live in a Poké Ball. But... what about Jessie and James? Ah, I'm sure they could apply for a replacement partner Pokémon. Still, if I do go through with this, I'll miss the two knuckleheads.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Team Rocket's got no more ta give me, and I have nothing more that I can give ta Jessie an' James. So, I guess dat's it. I've given eight o' my nine lives to Team Rocket, now it's time for me ta try makin' an honest guy of myself. I might even be able to buy my own place some day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]With my decision made, I made my way back to the camp and walked towards the balloon. But as I walked past James, he stirred and woke up rubbing his eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He yawned before drawling out, "Hey Meowth, what are you doing up and about?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Oh, uh, I was just thirsty so I took a walk lookin' for a creek or somethin'."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Hm, did you find one? We could refill our water stores."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Nah, 's just forest for a coupla miles."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Oh, well here, I saved a bit from dinner," he said offering me his sealed cup.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Uh, thanks Jimmy. Ya know, I been meaning to say, I always appreciated da little things ya do. You're a good friend, ya know dat?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He smiled, "Why, thank you, Meowth."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Soon after he said this, James yawned again, "Well, sleep well, Meowth." Then he fell back over, asleep. I looked at the cup in my hands and with a sad sigh, put it down next to James. Then I continued off to the balloon. I didn't want to steal from my own friends, (there wasn't much anyway.) so I took everything that I had to my name: my money (what was left of it from my last Team Rocket salary), my polishing wax, a stone for sharpening my claws, and my cloth that I used to tie it all together on a stick.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I looked at the square of green fabric with white swirls. Huh, after all this time, I still have this bit of fabric. It's seen so many travels... My stray days, traveling to Hollywood, leaving Hollywood, finding Team Rocket, and now, leaving Team Rocket.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I wrote a letter to Jessie and James, saying that I was leaving to start a new life. I didn't want to make it too mushy, but I also didn't want to seem ungrateful. I left it underneath the cup of water next to James. Seeing him, and then turning to Jessie made me a little watery eyed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I betta do dis before I lose my noive. 'S almost sunrise, I need ta get far away. Jessie will be [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]ticked when she sees dis letter. And with that final thought, I left the camp, determined to not look back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Once I was away from the camp, I broke into a run to get more distance. I ran as long as I could, to where the sky started to lighten from the approaching sunrise. After I finally stopped for breath, the sun was peeking over the trees and I figured Jessie and James would be waking up soon...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-3rd person POV-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Back at camp, James started to stir from his sleep as the sunlight shined onto his closed eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Mumbling the question of why the sun couldn't come out later, James sat up and smacked his lips a bit, his mouth feeling dry. "Well good thing I saved that bit of... Oh, right I gave it to Meow-". James had turned his head while saying this and noticed that Meowth was nowhere to be found. Then he noticed his cup of water and the paper that lay underneath it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"What's this doing here," he questioned aloud before drinking his water and unfolding the piece of paper. "Let's see, 'Dear Jessie and James,...'" Soon after the first lines, James put down his glass and focused more on the paper. Soon, he got up frantically and yelled out, "JESSIE!!!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-Meowth's POV-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I can't believe I actually worked up da guts ta follow through on my decision, and I got no regrets. Jessie an' James will be able ta get a stronger Pokémon ta be their partner an' I can finally start doing things my own way... Which one's my way again? I was in gangs fa so long, I'm not sure I know... Eh, I'm sure I'll figure it out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now, 's pretty late in the afternoon, I better start thinkin' 'bout my next move.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hmm... fa starters, where do I go from here? I suppose that I could start making my way to a town, ta find out where I am. Maybe scrounge up some fruits and berries on da way. Gee, I haven't had ta forage in a long time, hope I still got it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I quickly found out that the old instincts were still there. Use claws to cling to and climb up trees to get the fruit. Fruit wasn't exactly my favorite meal, but beggars can't be choosers. From the top of a high tree, while I was picking apples, I saw that there wasn't any town or village or anything for miles. Guess I'll hafta keep traveling 'til I see something. By sunset, I had gathered seven apples and I had sat down to eat when I heard a rustling in the leaves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I got up and readied my claws, standing between the bushes and my food. After a bit, two baby Rattata came out. They looked scared, and hungry. They don't look like they can forage yet; they must be lost from their mother. I looked at the apples I'd gathered. This is a bit more dan I can eat, and I can always find more later.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My decision made, I grabbed four of the apples and walked halfway to the tykes, putting them down on the ground (didn't wanna scare 'em off, after all). Then I just walked back to my spot and started eating the three that were left. Soon after, I heard them roll the apples back to their spot and start eating them. Hm, I can't blame 'em for not trusting me, they just met me. I'm sure their mother'll find them soon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This awkward silence stretched for about half an hour before I heard,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Rattata! Rattata!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The little ones' ears perked up and they dashed off towards the voice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dat's good; wouldn't've wanted 'em followin' me around. Guess I should catch some z's fa now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-James' POV-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Goodness, we've been searching for hours now. I'm tired. We should find a place to land and camp for the night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Jessie, we're not going to find him tonight. It's getting too dark."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Shut up! We're going to find that little traitor and I'm going to set him straight."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Aren't you being a little harsh? He left us a letter detailing his reasons and he didn't take anything that didn't belong to him."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"He left without even trying to say goodbye!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Eh, actually... Last night I woke up and saw him awake."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"WHAT?! And you didn't say anything because..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Well, he said that he was just thirsty, looking for freshwater, so I offered him what was left of mine. He took it and thanked me for the kindness I always showed him. But I found the water when I woke up along with that note."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Why didn't he say anything about me? I'm full of kindness!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Stifling a snort, I mumbled, "You're certainly full of something..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"WHAT WAS THAT?!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Steeling my nerves, I looked her in the eye and said, "Look, the point is that we both know that Meowth isn't a nocturnal type. He won't be going anywhere else tonight; especially since he left so early." Jessie scowled, but grudgingly accepted and started to lower the balloon. As we began our slow descent, I thought about the details of Meowth's letter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meowth, I understand where you're coming from, truly I do. After all, I left my previous life due to personal reasons as well. But why do you have such a low opinion of yourself to assume we'd be better off with a different Pokémon...[/SIZE]
    -----------------------------------------------
    That's all for now, see you next time! :)
    -AJ203

5. AeroJester203

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    [SIZE=12pt]Prologue, Part 3: Repentance[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Zzzz... Hm? Oh, the sun's up. I should get moving, Jessie and James will still be looking for me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I got up and did some stretches, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, and then I noticed a small pile of fruits and berries right next to me. I was surprised, "Who left dis here? S'not Christmas yet." Then I noticed a picture of three Rattata drawn in the dirt. Huh, that must be their mother. Well, this should keep me stocked for a few days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As I picked them up, I thought about how nice it felt to help those two. Even if they hadn't given me this, I have a feeling that I'd still feel the same.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Why do I feel so good about this? I thought it would be more difficult, but maybe this "being nice" thing ain't as bad as I thought it'd be. Ta think, just a few days ago, I was trying to capture Pokémon, and now I'm helping 'em.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wait, I'm doin' it again, ain't I? I keep forgetting and talking 'bout Pokémon like I'm not one of 'em. Guess it comes with spendin' so much time imitating humans. But I can never go back to bein' a regular Pokémon; it's just a part of me that I've forgotten. So I'll never be able to fit in on either side. I can't erase my past either, so I'll always be the freak Pokémon that betrayed his own species.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Suddenly I had a hollow feeling in my gut, and it wasn't because I was hungry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Well, I guess guilt is the first step to going straight, I'm sure I'll forgive myself sooner or later.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]An image of the twerps popped into my mind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh, dat's going to be a loooong time to convince THEM that I'm going straight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Jessie, if we take the balloon again, then he'll see us and hide; then how will we find him?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"But my designer shoes are getting dirty," Jessie whined, trying to dust off her feet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"He won't have gotten too far; you know how short his legs are. Do you sense him yet, Mime Jr?" AN: I'm following Sinnoh region time, since that's the latest generation in PMD: Explorers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Mime, mime," she said, shaking her head.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Why have Mime Jr. out? Yanmega's already out searching."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I crossed my arms and let out a huff, Mime Jr. mimicking me, "Is Yanmega psychic," I questioned, raising an eyebrow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Shut up."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Huh, I've gotten pretty far. Might be safe for me to stop dodgin' around like this. Wait, what's dat sound? Is dat what I think it is?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I turned my ear and sure enough, it was.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]WATER! A stream![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I ran as fast as I could towards the beautiful sound, and found a wide freshwater river. I dipped my head down and drank as much as I could. I just wish that I had something to carry some in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My thirst quenched, I sat down and took two apples to eat. After I ate them, I decided to take a quick break to sharpen my claws before moving on. The stone was nothing special, but it always got the job done. To be honest, it's seen better days. Recently, pieces have started falling off, making the rock a bit more jagged, but the top is still fine, so I keep it. If I threw it away, who knows when I would find another good one for sharpening my claws.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Soon after I finished, I put it away and was thinking of just sitting to rest, when I smelt something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hm? What's dis smell? It seems familiar...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]OH NO!!! It's humans and... Pikachu![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"My map says that there should be a clearing up ahead next to a river." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No mistake, dat's the tall twerp's voice! They would never believe dat I've left Team Rocket! I gotta get gone fast! Wait, I remember somethin' that dat one said once.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I searched through my bag until I found a round, blue berry. He said once that these restore energy. Just hope it's enough to get away. I tossed it in my mouth and chomped it down. Soon, I felt a rush of pure energy, like I had never known a tired day in my life. Using it, I quickly shouldered my things and ran like I was using Quick Attack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Soon I was back in the trees, but there wasn't any more forest to run into, just this line of trees sandwiched between two clearings. I'll just hafta make da most of it. So I ran between two trees somewhat covering another one in the center. I still had my energy, so I ran straight up the tree and hid in the branches, trying to cover myself. The clearing was still visible from between the two trees.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Still holding onto my rock and setting down my pack since my energy was fading, I decided to wait and watch for when they leave.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The girl twerp came through first. "Wow, what a pretty stream!" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The other two came through and Pikachu was on the kid's shoulder.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tings could get really hairy if they see me, but there's nowhere to run. I'll just hafta wait 'til nighttime, when they're all asleep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-Three hours later-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Argh, kids these days, always staying up late. It's already close to full sunset, maybe I could just sneak away under darkness, if I play my cards right.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Soon I heard a buzzing noise, and I turned my head to find a Yanmega hovering near to me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A Yanmega?...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No, not a Yanmega; [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]her Yanmega.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then, Yanmega turned around and started to fly back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If Jessie and James are getting dis close, there's no way I'll be able ta slip away! James probably has Mime jr. feeling around for me. If they get a tracker on me, my goose is cooked![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I gotta think fast. How can I get far away, SO far away, that Jessie and James will give up looking for me?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just then, a Pineco dropped down right next to me. The opportunity giving itself to me, and no time to think of a better way, I kicked it, and it started to glow...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Look! Yanmega's back!" I yelled, seeing the glowing compound eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Ah, Yannie, did you find Meowth?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Yan."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Suddenly there was a bright flash of light not too far away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*Boom!*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"What was that?!" Jessie exclaimed, both of us having ducked to the ground.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pulling out my Pokémon flash cards, I explained, "It must have been a Pineco, It says here that they're quite abundant in this area."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I was flying past the clouds. I had lost my pack, but I managed to hold onto the stone, though I don't know how.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I... did it. But even if they do give up, I've made such a bad name for myself. There will always be people like those kids, who won't forgive me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I looked to my left and saw that the moon was starting to rise. It wasn't full anymore, but I still found it relaxing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Hey, Moon. I've made some big decisions with your help. I decided ta change my life. I can't erase what I did, but I'm willing to repay those mistakes. I ain't proud of what I did, but I'll be proud of what I will do." Soon after I said this, I blacked out and had the weirdest dream that I've ever had.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I was floating in a place surrounded by a bunch of colors that seemed to blend together beautifully, mixing and changing as the seconds ticked by.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Have I kicked da bucket after just deciding ta change my life?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No, Meowth, it is not your end yet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Who's there?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]You do not know who I am, but I have been watching you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh, dat's weird. What is this place?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]That is none of your concern. Are you truly regretful of what you did and willing to repay those deeds?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Yeah, I am, even if it means that I'll never be truly accepted.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Such will not be your trial. I will give you a chance to start anew.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What does dat mean?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Your potential will be reset, your memories erased, and you will be placed in a world where you will be able to be accepted. If your intentions are true, then I will send you where you can truly begin a new life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wait! My memories'll be gone? But I don't wanna just forget my past! If I don't keep my memories, then I'll forget my promise and my friends. And da point of memories is ta keep from making da same mistakes over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Very well, you have shown that you truly intend to change if you are willing to carry the burden of your memories. However, your memories will be temporarily revoked until you let go of your inhibition that you cannot be accepted. You shall remember your name, the significance of that stone, and the fact that you can talk. Everything else will be held by me until later.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fair enough; so I won't remember dis conversation? Wait! Da significance of this stone? I use it ta sharpen my claws; I found it on da side of a road once. What's so important about it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]More important than you know, don't throw it away. And stop using it to sharpen your claws! Otherwise you won't be able to use it later.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]'Use it'?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Farewell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Everything faded and I woke up to see the ocean coming up fast.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]--------------------------------[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Next time, you find out which game the spoiler warnings are for! [/SIZE]See you next time! :)

[SIZE=12pt]-AJ203[/SIZE]

6. AeroJester203

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    [SIZE=12pt]Prologue, Part 4: Regression[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-??? POV-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ah, walking on the beach is always so relaxing. I love the feeling of warm sand under me feet. And the sunset is as pretty as... Hm? What's that? 'Tis a little early for shooting stars. Wait, that's a body![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*Splash!*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I've gotta help 'em![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]... Where am I? I feel really wet... My name... that's right, it's Meowth. I feel sand. How did I get here? What happ-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*PINCH!*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"YEOOOOW! My tail!!!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Ahoy, mate! Glad to see that you're still among the living." I heard the voice coming from somewhere, but I couldn't see anyone around.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Down here, landlubber; don't make me pinch you again." I looked down and saw a... what is it called? Oh, a Krabby.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Ye were treading water, mate. I jumped in and hauled ye to shore, but ye were still out. I decided to give ye the pinch test."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Well thanks a lot. Where am I, anyway?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Ye be on the beach upon the outskirts of Treasure Town."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Wait, how can you talk? I don't think Pokémon can do that ordinarily."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Well, yer a Pokémon and yer flapping your lips."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"I know, but I was a special case, I think. I can't remember much."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]During this whole time, I held onto a rock that was in my hand. I don't know why, but it seems to be important. Ah, the top has worn off. It's totally flat now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Well, if ye find yourself lost, count your paces. What can ye remember?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"I remember that my name is Meowth, I remember having met a lot of Pokémon, but being the only kind that can talk. Also, I remember that somehow this rock is very important."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Why would that be important? Looks like any ordinary rock, if a bit worn."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"I don't know why, but I do know that I can't throw this away."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Well, to each his own. If yer needing to stock up, Treasure Town's thataway. Just follow the path and take a left at the crossroads." He said this pointing down the beach to where a path started.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Thanks."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I walked down the path and turned left into the town and it was bustling, to say the least. I didn't really feel comfortable being surrounded by so many Pokémon, so I tried to just sneak through, not drawing attention to myself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Hey, you there." I froze, feeling a chill up my spine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Do you have any money you want to store at Duskull's Bank?" The Pokémon called from behind his counter in a really creepy looking building.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Uh, I don't have any money."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"What?! That's disastrous! How can anybody not have money? Anybody brave enough to go into a mystery dungeon can literally find poké just lying around."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"What's a mystery dungeon? What's poké?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"You amaze me, mysterious Meowth. I don't know where you come from, but poké is the currency in these parts. As for mystery dungeons, they are these wonderfully fabulous places where one can find money anywhere inside of them. You have to be careful though, if you faint then you lose half of your money (horrible!) as well as a good chunk of your items."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"If they're so dangerous, then why do people go in?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Because while they can be dangerous, they can also have ancient treasures or great secrets; also they change every time you go in, so there are always new items to be found."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Sounds interesting; I might check one out."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Then, I'll open an account for you and give you this." He pulled out a cloth sack with a golden "P" decorating it. Looked to be about half a foot deep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Gee, thanks."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Reach in." I stuck my paw in expecting to touch cloth and found nothing. The little thing almost took in my whole arm before I pulled back out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"What the- Is this thing cursed?!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"It's charmed with a spell from yours truly. How else are you supposed to carry so much poké? If you need to make a purchase, just whisper the amount of money that you need and it'll pour out. Of course, it's empty right now." AN: This is how I thought Pokémon carried so much money with no evident pockets.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"So I can just carry as much money as I want?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Yes, but if you plan on going into a mystery dungeon, then money in that bag is subject to thieves."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Thanks for the tip." I continued walking down the main road, thinking about my next move.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]That was nice of him. Now where am I supposed to stay? This town seems to be mainly markets and businesses. Hmm, maybe there's something else further down the road.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I walked down passing two Kecleons advertising their food and wares and a large building where a Kangaskhan stood patiently waiting for anybody who needed help. When I continued down the road, I found that there were no buildings, just a sign that said "Sharpedo Bluff".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hmm, well this is a nice view, but where am I supposed to stay? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I started to walk back to the main town, deciding to go through a bush instead of around. I guess I'll just have to leave town and find some-WAH!! When I stepped on the ground around the bush, I sank straight through and fell down some stairs into an open area.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ow... Who pulled the ground out? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I found the bush next to me and saw that it was hollow inside; just a bunch of branches and leaves tied together on the inside. I looked around and saw that the inside of the bluff was hollow. I could see out of the eyes and mouth of the Sharpedo face. It looked pretty livable, even if it was a bit dirty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Judging from that fake cover, somebody must've lived here once, but not anymore. Finders keepers? I think so. Could use some fixing up though, but I need money for that. What did Duskull say? Mystery dungeons?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After covering up the entrance again, I decided to ask around town for info. A Pokémon named Vigoroth said that there's a mystery dungeon at the far end of the beach. I walked up to the mouth of the Beach Cave and stared into the dark.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Well, it's now or never.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I walked in and the entrance disappeared behind me, the dungeon lighting up on the inside. I walked around for a bit and found an oran berry. Better hold onto that. Soon after, I found a room with money all over the floor. My bag was twitching and it sucked up whatever money I walked over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At this rate, I'll have enough money for bedding and dinner.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Hey, that's our money!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Yeah, we just found it so it's ours!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I turned to see two Shellos that just came in from another hall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I decided to quip, "Sorry guys; gotta be quicker to get what you want."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Then we'll finish you quickly," they both shouted as they charged me. I just readied my claws.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-Two hours and three fights later-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dang, this is pretty tough after all. Good thing I held onto that berry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After eating the berry, I noticed that I had gotten a bit stronger. Not by a lot, but enough to where I noticed. Continuing, I noticed a seed on the ground. It wasn't like any seed I had seen; it was orange with red cracks. Not knowing what else to do, I held onto it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I had headed down two levels now, picking up all the money I could find and had gotten quite a bit. I would've turned back, but there is no back, only forward.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-Another two hours later-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So, this is the bottom of the dungeon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I had gone down some more stairs and found myself in a pit at the bottom of the cave.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So what happens now?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After I said this, I felt a gust of wind and suddenly, I was back on the beach.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]---------------------------------------------[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]So, the game that will have spoiler warnings after the prologue is PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]That's all for now. See you next time! :)[/SIZE]

-AJ203

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.