1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo A Nexo Journey!/Chat

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Flyg0n, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    So I figured since my new game came, Nexomon, I would share some thoughts about it here. Its a classic monster catching RPG in vein of Pokémon, but with several twists and gorgeous designs. I got mine for switch, as you can see. I figured I would share some of my experiences and hopefully chat with some of you about your thoughts on the genre as a whole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm also down to chat about other monster catching rpgs and stuff, and Pokémon things (especially game mechanic choices.) I love hearing people's opinions.

Anyways, to start off with, this adorable guy is my starter!
    [​IMG]

These are the other options:
    [​IMG]

So far the game is lots of fun, gorgeous visuals. I genuinely feel the developers worked hard to make it appealing.
    [​IMG]

I'll throw out some questions for anyone reading too, so we can chat :) :
    1. Have you heard of Nexomon?
    2. Do you like playing other monster catching games or do you only stick to Pokémon and why?
    3. What mechanics do you like/not like about monster-catching games
    4. Have any favorite designs of all time from Pokémon or any other thing (Digimon, Yugi-Oh, etc) and why do you like it?
    5. Do you think we need more monster-catching games, or should they just let Pokémon handle that genre?
    6. What do you think of Nexomon's starter choices?
    7. How do you like the recent starter Pokémon vs old ones (e.g. gen 1-4 vs 5-8).

EDIT:
    So I nicknamed my starter Qo Bah (It means 'Lightning Wrath' in Dovah) and he just evolved!!!
    Into this!!! :D
    [​IMG]
    SO CUTE

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    PoserPanda likes this.
  2. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    I figured I oughta share a few pics of my team :D and given update so far

I'm approximately 10+ hours into the game, and I love it so far. It's a LOT harder than Pokémon sword/shield for sure. But not in a bad way. It feels more like gold/silver on gameboy color in terms of difficulty. A challenge, but not super unfair

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's my starter, of course, and one other but I couldn't find a pic of him.

Anyways, here one more pic of a really nice piece of art from the game
    [​IMG]

And of course, feel free to chat about the questions above, or even give your own!

PoserPanda likes this.
  3. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I need a Mearn and a Behilda. Stat!

It's odd seeing a Mon game that isn't Poke or Digi in a real Switch case. I didn't expect seeing this game go beyond an old FaceBook page and a really cheap game. (Not content-wise.)

I mean, I used to record playing this game, I had such a good time playing it. Even though I had some pretty heavy opinions against it.

If it is available on Mobile, I kinda wanna get it there, just to be able to continue recording. But to be able to watch as well as play on a much bigger screen and controller is very tempting.

Hmm, snow tires or a new game? Both?

And I want this thread to live again, because it actually interests me and it looks like Flyg0n put a decent effort into this. I haven't been active enough so I'm sure there are other threads you've put effort into, but this is the first one I looked for.

2. I stick to Pokémon, unless an independent company makes a game that isn't trying to make a direct rip-off. Usually those stay on the ELSA DENTIST sites, so Nexomon is not one of them.

3. I do not like some fantasy aspects of really any RPG. In Pokémon, I am a little greedy and I want to see the monsters move more than exhaling really hard. In Nexomon, I didn't like getting away with some of the thievery that the main character did. In Dragon Quest XI you can choose to move around while fighting, so it makes things more realistic.
    But I am mostly being very picky.

I never gave that Pokémon much thought until I picked a life-size plush of him from the toy donation bin as a Christmas gift for volunteering. (I was eighteen or so, at the time.) He was huge, and a kind soul placed a faux-crystal necklace in his mouth pocket. Yes, I was actually trepidatious to un-zip his mouth. But I have loved that Pokémon ever since. Especially since it was green and hand-made.

5. Pokémon has done a nice job, somewhat. I think there should be other monster catching games. Dragon Quest XI kinda does it by letting the hero ride sparkly versions of monsters. And all monsters are beings of a higher intelligence, as some go to finishing school and miss their parents.

6.There are so many! And you can catch all of them regardless of which you picked. That's still been carried over from the first game, right?

7. One through four in general = :thumbsdown:
    Five through... eight? Are we at nine yet?= :sweat:

I am extremely selective about which Pokémon I find useful or interesting. I dislike so many that users don't like me for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...