1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A Reintroduction to the Comet

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Captain Comet, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hi everyone. So this is a bit of an odd post for this section. I'm not leaving or returning, but rather, I want to reintroduce myself to the people on here. The last time I ever really gave info on myself was way back when I first joined, as Weavile Sly. And even then, I don't think I really revealed much about myself. So I want to use this to just put myself out there to this group of people that is just nothing but friendly and welcoming. Okay, here we go...

I want to start of by saying that due to certain... realizations, I have decided to try to completely reinvent myself both on here and irl. I want to be a much more positive person around here, as well as more active. For so long I was just kind of ghosting around here; only looking past the homepage when someone posts a thread that seems interesting, occasionally joining an RP that I lose interest in after like a week, not paying attention to the Pokémon (thus leaving me with a surplus of eggs), etc. I want to change that and become someone people recognize here. Someone who actually does explore the site a bit, looks in QnA's, and greets newcomers. That said, I don't really have anything to offer creative-wise. I don't write, I don't draw, I'm not really interested in RPing (unfortunately), so I'm going to have to figure something out. I do actually want to learn how to draw, but at the moment there isn't really a good way I can do that that works for me.

Now on to my next topic... Oh my god this shouldn't be so weird and hard to say to people who I'll probably never meet face-to-face...

I have recently discovered that I'm probably transgender. I know that probably shouldn't mean anything on an online forum, but I have gone close to three years on here now as a boy, and I kind of want to use this as I guess a test? I want to start going as a girl on here to see if it's something I'm actually comfortable enough with to do irl. I'm a very awkward and introverted person at the moment, so this isn't exactly something I'd want to announce to my friends and family, despite the fact that they would all most likely be totally fine with it. But that is part of why I want to reinvent myself. I want to become a more energetic and open person, instead of the super closed-off one I am now. Someone people would actually call fun to be around.

Aaaand I just wrote an essay about myself. Cool. And I'm not even sure if I should be putting this in here or somewhere else. Guess I'll fine out later.

This whole thing is basically me going "Well you gotta tell someone! You can't just keep this between you and [best friend who is the only person who knows about this] for the rest of your life!"

In short, I want to completely redesign myself on here, I'm a girl now, I want us all to be friends, and I can be stupidly long-winded at times.

And with that, I truly welcome myself into the Lake. Oh I hope I feel good about this tomorrow. It's 2:55 AM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Welcome back!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Captain Comet likes this.
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    46D4ED2A-7328-4DEC-8E14-82F47EC93776.jpeg

Captain Comet and ChocoChicken like this.
  4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Hello there. Welcome back <3
    First off, I wanna say that it's very brave to open up to people like that – even if it's not face to face. It means "putting out in the open" information about yourself and your personal struggles – and my hopes are that LV can help you find what you seek. I'm very happy that you are able to find out more about yourself, and wish you the best of luck down that road! Whatever you may discover at the end of it – but is there truly an end? – I'm sure that we'll do our best so you can always feel comfortable here.

…Seems like this got a bit serious. and long. :'D I've already said it, but:
    Welcome back! *_*

5. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    As others have already said, it's very brave of you to come out like this! I think it's great that you're trying to improve yourself!

6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Welcome back! I hope you're happy with the person you want to be.

7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    well re welcome thab

and i think ya are really brave saying this in the sorta open. I once met a boy who used to be a girl also online. we talked about insercurities etc. and now im not a transgender I do wanna be helpfull for the people who are or goin through things.
    if ya ever need a listenin ear im here ob the forums . feel free to send me pm.
    and I wish ya the best of luck with everything

8. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Welcome Comet! Just know that no matter what, you are a great person in my eyes. It'll take some adjustment for me to call you by the proper pronouns, but I will treat you the same as I always have. What you did took a lot of guts and courage and I have even more respect for you now. You have my support and no matter what, you will always be welcome here.

9. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Hey Comet! Kudos to finding your way and I wish you the best of luck. You're a gem of a person and I have no doubt you'll achieve what you want to :D