1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A Second Chance [Draco x Shinygiratinaz]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by DracoFeathers, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    (OOC: Sorry this took so long to get up! I thought I had a good idea to start with, but then I decided I didn't like it after all so I had to come up with a new idea haha. It's not the best start or title, but we can build on the plot as we go. I hope I gave you enough to go on at the end there. If not, let me know and I can add more. Feel free to add anything you want to the area description if you think of anything.)

The sun shone bright in the blue sky overlooking a beautiful and wide meadow surrounded by jungle. It was a secret place, hidden between the mountains and away from humans. A sanctuary of sorts for a wide variety of wild Pokémon who wished to live out their lives in peace.

This place had everything they could ever need to thrive. Plenty of different foods, from berries and other fruits, to honey that seeped out from the lush green trees. For the Pokémon that enjoyed pollen and nectar, there were many flowers and other plants that produced it year round due to the area's location, which made it like spring almost every day. The sanctuary even had its own waterfall and river that ran down from high up on the mountain. But there was one resident of this place that was mostly a mystery to those living there.

Higher up lived a reclusive and supposedly powerful Pokémon. Some referred to him as their protector or guardian, while others were a bit suspicious since they had never actually fully seen this Pokémon. All they knew of him was that he was large and could fly, rarely leaving the caves he lived in. When they did catch quick glimpses of him, it was always dark, so all they could make out was a shadow or silhouette before it disappeared. No one dared to go up to find out more than that. Not since a group of young and reckless Pokémon had snuck out one night to climb up the mountain, hoping to discover more about their mysterious neighbor. However they were quickly scared away upon reaching the caves by a mighty roar that had seemingly shaken the whole mountain, which was even heard by those in the sanctuary below.

They had all feared they had angered the unknown Pokémon within the mountain, and that he would attack their peaceful home, but no attack occurred, much to their relief. Since then, while others were typically discouraged or prohibited from adventuring near the caves, there still remained a few Pokémon whose curiosity would only grow as they did.

One such Pokémon was a young Mawile named Ronin. Found alone, crying and afraid just after hatching, he had been adopted and raised by a motherly Altaria who brought him back to the sanctuary. Growing up, Ronin turned out to be a thoughtful and curious Pokémon, always asking questions, whether from his adopted mother, or others around. Inevitably the story of the Pokémon of the mountain had come up and it had immediately stolen his interest. But getting answers about this subject wasn't easy, as not much was known to tell.

That day he was out in the meadow with his friends to play when he couldn't help himself, asking, "Do you guys ever wonder about the mountain?" His gaze shifted to said mountain as he spoke.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Ray the Lucario looked over at Ronin, raising an eyebrow. "Well, yeah, sometimes." He said, finding his gaze drawn to the peak high above. "Maybe more than sometimes." He added, rubbing the back of his neck out of habit.

Ray had only lived in the haven for a short time, having traveled the world as a Riolu before finding the beautiful meadow. He had originally only stayed because he was injured, but his stay had been extended indefinitely after becoming friends with Ronin. In his travels, he and his parents had collected stories and myths from the people and Pokémon he came across. The story of the mountain definitely intrigued him, even if it also frightened him to be living so close to such an apparently powerful creature. He often found himself wondering about the mountain, though he felt that his curiosity wasn't as strong as Ronin's.

"Just maybe." Ray heard the sound of a small chuckle behind him. "You wouldn't shut up about the tales of the mountain for a while."

Ray turned and glanced sourly at a Vaporeon lounging beneath a tree nearby. "Aurora, you can't tell me that the story of this place doesn't intrigue you."

Aurora shrugged, stretching her tail before flicking it lazily back and forth across the grass. "I can, and it doesn't. Now if there was some sort of undiscovered treasure up there, a horde of ancient gold and jewels or a vast library of forgotten knowledge..." Aurora's eyes lit up and she rolled onto her back, staring up at the mountain. "Then I'd be interested. But a rather large, rather cranky, and scarily powerful Pokémon? No thanks."

Ray's expression shifted to a confused frown. "But the Pokémon itself is a mystery." He pointed out. "Finding out what it is would be a significant discovery, one that could make you a famous explorer like you want to be. Maybe it's a legendary Pokémon as old as time itself!" He smiled wistfully. "Ah, I wonder what stories it would tell."

"Probably boring ones." Aurora yawned, rolling back onto her side and enjoying the look of stunned outrage on Ray's face at her comment. She turned to Ronin questioningly, ignoring Ray's stuttering exclamations about respecting ancient lore.

"I'm guessing you wonder about that mountain, considering your long-standing curiosity." She ventured, as Ray simply gave up and folded his arms with a "humph." She raised an eyebrow at Ronin. "What's got you so captivated about it? Tell me it isn't because of some old stuffy tales."

"I am not going to react to that jab." Ray mumbled, sticking out his tongue at Aurora. "And they aren't stuffy."

Aurora simply rolled her eyes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DracoFeathers

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    At the light teasing from the Vaporeon, Ronin blushed a bit embarrassingly. "N-no..." He began, looking away and fiddling at the grass between his legs a moment. "...Okay maybe a little bit." The Pokémon confessed, then continued with, "I can't help but wonder whats up there. My mom told me she found me up in those mountains. Maybe whatever Pokémon lives in those caves knows a little bit more about where I came from, or something...Anything..."

Not that he didn't appreciate and love his adopted Altaria Mother, but there had always been that egging curiosity ever since she'd told him about how she'd found him. Had his parents just abandoned him? Had something happened to them somewhere along the mountain? There were no other Mawile around the haven, and none of the Pokémon that lived here had seen or heard of any around the time Ronin had been brought back. "I just wanna know is all..." He trailed off into silence, looking up at the mountain again.

"But what if that Pokémon had something to do with why your parents are gone?" Quietly, almost fearfully, said another one of their friends, a Tropius named Gabe. He was young like them, but large for his age due to his Father being a Torterra. Gabe was probably the most shy one of the group, usually only speaking up if spoken to, or if he had something important to say. He also didn't have the best eyesight, which made the world around him a bit scarier. At first, it had taken Ronin days to just get the Tropius to come play with him, along with encouragement from his parents. Even now he was still hesitant about going too far away from home when they played in the surrounding jungle, but he had opened up some to them now, and enjoyed spending time with the group. "Doesn't that scare you? I wouldn't want to go near that mountain if I were you..." A shudder than through him, and he wrapped his leafy wings around himself briefly.

Hearing that Ronin shrugged a bit, his red-violet eyes shifting from the mountain, to Gabe, back down at the ground. "Yeah I guess..." What he didn't want to admit however, was he was growing restless. Not that he didn't think of the haven as home, but he was getting a bit of wanderlust as he grew, wanting to know what was beyond the jungle and mountains that surrounded their little sanctuary. "None of you have ever thought about leaving here, eventually? Nothing ever happens here..."

4. shinygiratinaz

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Aurora looked away from the mountain, her eyes closing. "Well, if I wonder about the mountain and if I wonder about leaving here are two pretty different questions." She sighed. "And honestly I'd love to get out of here, make a name for myself somewhere, even if it is discouragingly dangerous."

Aurora shifted, sighing. "I guess I'm just still attached to this place. Sure it's a lot of nothing going on here, but it's some really peaceful nothing. I agree with Gabe, it's a lot safer and nicer down here." She sighed a small stream of bubbles, lazily watching them drift along.

"Oh, it's not that scary, you guys. In fact, I'd love to get exploring again." Ray said. "There's so many places I haven't been and stories I don't know. The fact that I know there's more and greater things out there bothers me when I consider just staying here." He turned to Ronin. "Though honestly, what's stopping you from going? We're getting older, we could start traveling on our own if we wanted. We could be out finding answers and stories, and treasure." Ray said, looking between Ronin, Aurora, and Gabe with an earnest expression.

"Or we could end up getting hurt sticking our noses where we would do better not to stick them." Aurora snorted, and Ray frowned at her.

"You are such a downer." He said, shaking his head. Aurora simply shrugged.

"I like to think of myself as more of a realist." She stated.

Ray sighed, looking back to Ronin and Gabe. "I'm just saying we could do it." He said quietly.

5. DracoFeathers

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    (Sorry for late reply, after work got back to normal, its been raining here almost non-stop. I always get headaches when it rains, so I haven't been feeling the best Dx)

Gabe saw the Lucario looking at him and his worried frown deepened as he glanced around to his friends again nervously. "Why would you want to leave? We have everything we need here, right? Don't you listen to the elders? There's all kinds of danger beyond this place! You could get hurt or worse!" The stories some of the older Pokémon that had come from beyond the mountains' borders had at times given him nightmares of large, dangerous Pokémon attacking or chasing him. And not only other Pokémon, but humans were also a threat out there.

"Yeah, there probably is..." Came Ronin's voice thoughtfully, snapping Gabe out of his thoughts. "But that's what makes it...interesting, I think. I bet there are other places like this one somewhere else too. It would be pretty fun, don't you think? You're never curious about what lies beyond these mountains?" Gabe quickly shook his head, and the Mawile found himself confused as he stood up to face his friend. "But you can fly! You could go anywhere you wanted!" He threw his arms up in the air for emphasis.

At this the Tropius looked a bit embarrassed and turned is head away."You know I'm not that great a flier Ronin..." He muttered. "And I'm even worse at landings." He was beginning to think he would never be able to fly properly like the other flying types in the haven. The way they described flying made the experience sound amazing! Until he tried himself and got scared, usually panicking as a result.

"You're getting better though, I've seen you practicing with your parents." Ronin offered. Seeing the other's embarrassment, he glanced to the others for some back up.

6. shinygiratinaz

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    ((It's alright! I've been a bit held up as well with AP exams on my doorstep. I hope you're feeling better!))

Ray saw Ronin's expression and smiled casually. "Yeah, you're getting a ton better. And hey, you can fly better than I can by a lot!" He joked, hoping to cheer Gabe up.

Aurora yawned. "I've never seen you fly." She shrugged. "I'm sure you're great at it though."

Ray chuckled. "See, your flying has to be great if it got Aurora to actually say something positive."

Aurora simply blew a stream of bubbles towards Ray with a disinterested expression. Ray had turned his attention away though, his thoughts returning to Gabe's worries.

"There's a lot of safety in numbers, too." He said. "And the four of us can cover each other's weaknesses pretty well. Sure there's some dangerous Pokémon out there, but I don't think they'd attack a group like us!" Ray said confidently.

"No, you're right. Dangerous bandits would absolutely not attack a group of obviously amateur travelers. It's not like that's what they're known for doing or anything." Aurora interjected, causing Ray to bristle.

"We're not 'obviously amateur,' and bandits usually attack lone Pokémon, for your information." Ray countered.

Aurora simply shrugged. "Usually." She said. "But hey, it's your neck."

Ray ignored her, nodding back at Ronin. "Well I say getting out of here and having an adventure would be fun." Ray said, turning to Gabe. "And I think we'd be perfectly safe in a group. Besides, we may have everything to survive here, but what about living to the fullest? We could do anything, the whole world is waiting out there." He shook his head. "I know I can't imagine just sitting here my whole life."

"There's nothing wrong with a life of peace and relaxation, you know." Aurora said. Ray just scoffed.

"Yeah. There's nothing to it either." He muttered. "You're going to make a terrible explorer with your attitude about this."

Aurora scoffed in return. "No, I'll make an explorer who lives long enough to retire. Face it, we're still pretty much kids. Give it a few years, maybe."

Ray frowned. "Why do I even bother." He sighed under his breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.