1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A Superior Land (Mega Adventure Tribute) - Wizarmonfan X Mandriel

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Mandriel, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The far-off region of Akito holds promise for adventure and excitement. With lush forests and grand mountain ranges to explore, young trainers are jumping at the chance to journey far and wide to learn and experience everything that the region has to offer. The secrets of Mega Evolution lay hidden, ready to be uncovered by curious minds while legends await to be conquered by courageous souls.

But danger is never far away. A mysterious organisation known as Team Prime has arisen, their influence seeping though Akito like a plague. It's up to two unlikely heroes - a Pokémon thief and failing dragon tamer - to rise to the challenge and defend the future of the region.

The fate of Akito rests in your hands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Exp. Share ★★
    30,000 feet above the ground of the Hoenn region, a commercial plane was flying high in the sky. This airplane was a small aircraft as it carried only passengers and their cargo. The plane model was an Airbus 340; it consisted of a primary white and blue colour on its exterior with a Metagross decal decked on the back of the plane to signal the plane belonged to Metagross Airlines.

Flight number 4583 was currently on a trip from Hoenn to the far away region of Akito, currently transporting mostly upcoming trainers going there to challenge the new League that had opened up.

The flight has been in the air for about an hour and everything has been running smooth so far. People who weren't chatting amongst themselves were either sleeping or looking out what available window seats there were. Inside the cockpit, the two pilots were maintaining control over the plane, just like they had done for years. They were experts in this field, hence why they were able to maintain such a big plane.

"Attention folks, this is your captain speaking. Flight number 4583 has just left Hoenn airspace. This flight from Lilycove City, Hoenn to Okimira Town, Akito, is still another three hours away from landing. So please make yourself comfortable and we'll be arriving in Okimira at 10 AM, Akitoian time. That is all." The captain put down his microphone to the plane’s speakers and sighed as he got back to his duties to help maintain flight number 4583.

One passenger slightly annoyed by how long it would take to arrive was one fifteen-year-old Kayla Watanabe. Born and raised in Hoenn’s Lavaridge Town, her parents had informed her they had pre-bought a house in Okimira and promptly sent her off on her own. She was expected to walk peoples’ Pokémon in order to fund the rent that would make its way into her parents’ pocket.

They hadn’t told her she would be arriving at the start of League season. The other passengers were talking about the new region, but Kayla couldn’t hear what was being discussed as she listened to the music on her headphones.

3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    A shadow flittered across Okimira Town and a large flygon descended from the sky, gusts of wind from its powerful wings tearing at the leaves on surrounding trees. The heads of every passerby turned in awe as its trainer - a tall, well-muscled young man with a handsome smile - leaped down from the flygon's saddle, his royal purple cape fluttering as he landed. He surveyed the town, memories of his own Pokémon journey flooding back to him. Had it really been almost a decade since he'd set out from Okimira town with nothing but a trapinch? Time had flown so fast and it was now his little brother's turn to embark on his own journey. The dragon tamer had been eager to deliver him to this town and watch him take his first steps.

And speaking of his brother...

"Arach?" he called, turning back to his flygon. The boy was still clinging onto its back, having not budged an inch since they'd landed. "Are you coming or not?"

Ara kept his eyes fixed straight ahead, refusing to look down at the ground. His fingers gripped onto his saddle so hard that his knuckles had turned white, "I can't get down." he mumbled.

An involuntary groan rose from the dragon tamer's throat. He should have seen this coming. "Just jump, you'll be fine."

"Ryu!"

Ryu rolled his eyes and held out his arms, "Come on, I'll catch you." Out of the corner of his eye, he could see people stopping and staring, this time out of amusement rather than awe. He could feel his face flush, but he kept his expression stoic. "Come on Ara, everybody's watching."

After what felt like years, Ara let go of the saddle, almost slipping from the flyon's back. He shrieked, wrapping his arms around the Pokémon's neck, much to its discontent. He closed his eyes and let go, slamming into Ryu and knocking the two of them to the ground. Ryu groaned again as peals of laughter erupted from their onlookers; they were not off to a good start.

4. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Three hours after the first announcement over the speakers, flight 4583 landed at last at the airport on the outskirts of Okimira Town. Passengers were told they would have to catch public transport to make it into Okimira itself and the only form of transport that ran from the airport to the town were taxis.

Needless to say, Kayla’s irritation grew even more when she learned this. Her parents were supposed to have told her everything they knew about the region, but they hadn’t. Why were they keeping her in the dark? She didn’t like not knowing about the region.

Regardless of being “information blind”, she booked a taxi and studied her surroundings as the driver drove her into Okimira Town. The cab stopped at the edge of the western entrance to the town and Kayla paid the fee. Disoriented, Kayla whirled around after hopping out of the vehicle, trying to see what was what.

There were younger children playing at the southern exit to Route 1; she guessed that was where beginning trainers headed to after they had received their first Pokémon and went off on their journey.

Kayla aimed to be a strong trainer who challenged the League. She wanted to be there up amongst the best and most powerful of the Elite trainers. In fact, she aimed for the highest honour of all – she wanted to be the Champion. Getting there would require strategy and strength, both of which she believed she had.

Proving it was different.

Kayla was still watching the kids at the southern exit, when she heard an excited laugh and a boy rushed past, his Popplio running with him.

“Ash, wait!” A voice cried, an elderly man coming out of a building. The boy was already at the exit of the town, unresponsive. The researcher sighed. “Ash is always the same every League, no matter what the region he’s in.”

Kayla’s eyes widened at the mention of the League season and she felt a flash of jealously at her parents. Again! She swore mentally, making a quick decision to steal a Pokémon’s Poké Ball. Sneaking in to pinch the Poké Ball with the flame insignia, she grit her teeth as the Professor caught a glimpse of her red hair as she fled.

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    "Are you sure you've got everything?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"You guess? But are you certain?"

Ara squirmed under Ryu's scrutinising gaze, fingers toying with the woven bracelets wrapped around his wrists, "Yeah, I'm pretty certain I've got everything I need." They'd already had this exact conversation three times that day. Ara couldn't tell if his brother was just concerned about him or if he thought he was downright stupid.

Ryu pinched the bridge of his nose, "This journey marks your coming of age; please take it seriously. Your elders won't like it if you have to be picked up at route 2 because you forgot something important. Have you got your phone?" Ara nodded, "Medical kit?" nod, "Emergency money?" nod, "Spare pokeballs?" nod, "Wyvern?"

Ara felt his mouth go dry. His hand drifted to his jangmo-o's Pokéball that was clipped to his waist and he nodded. Ryu didn't appear to catch sight of the look of discomfort that crossed his younger brother's face as he carried on.

"You have your trainer card?" nod, "Badge case?" nod, "Spare clothes?" nod. Ryu hesitated for a moment, still not appearing satisfied with Ara's answers. He turned back to his flygon, "Well, I guess that's- Hold up!" he suddenly remembered something, spinning back around to face Ara with his hand outstretched, "Repels." Ara nodded, causing Ryu to frown, "No, I mean, give me your repels."

If it was possible, Ara felt his mouth go even drier, "Wh-what?"

"The aim of a Pokémon journey is to get stronger." Ryu said in a babying voice, causing Ara's face to blush in shame, "And you can't get stronger if you spray every wild Pokémon you see. How are you supposed to be able to catch anything when you smell like repel? We're expecting you to come home with a full team of dragons." Unable to meet his judging eyes, Ara gave in and swung his backpack off his shoulders, unzipped it and dropped two cans of repel into Ryu's hands, "I want all of them." He handed over another one. "Is this all?"

"Yes." Ara lied. Ryu gave him a hard look and he handed over another, "Ok, that's the last one. I mean it this time." His brother didn't pursue the topic further, almost making him sigh in relief. He still had another three repels laying undetected at the bottom of his bag.

Ryu was silent for a moment, mentally checking a list of everything he felt the need to cover before Ara departed, "I suppose that's everything. I'll head back home now, but if anything comes up, don't hesitate to give me a call, 'kay?" he flashed him a grin, "I know that you're not supposed to get outside help on this quest, but I'm fine with bending the rules for my little bro."

"'Kay." Ara echoed glumly. He really didn't blame Ryu for thinking that lowly of him, but it still hurt to be reminded that everybody expected him to fail. He watched his brother leave, eyes fixed on the sky until his flygon was nothing but a green speck in the distance.

He let out a shaky sigh. This was it. His Pokémon journey had just begun. His family was expecting him to conquer every one of Akito's Gyms and build his team of dragons, like they all did before him. He couldn't afford to fail.

"Thief!" A voice broke through his thoughts. An old man in a lab coat came bursting out of a building, pointing down Route 1. The tall grass was still shaking, as if somebody had just run through it. He caught sight of Ara and shouted, "A girl with red hair! She's taken my litten!"

Without a second thought, Ara took off in the direction that the thief had disappeared.

#5 Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  6. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Laughing throatily to herself, Kayla fished out the Pokédex from her pocket, that had been casually lying on the table beside the Poké Ball. Staring at it in awe, she was surprised when the Poké Ball opened on its own and a Fire type emerged. No sooner than she had gazed at it, the fire cat leaped at her and bit the hand she shielded herself with.

“Ow, jeezus.” Kayla swore, putting the electronic computer back in her other pocket and grabbed the Litten’s nape. The Litten growled, sinking its fangs deeper into her flesh. “!” Kayla grimaced and tried harder to remove the Fire type from her hand. “Didn’t realize you were a biter, damn thing. Get off!”

Then, Kayla’s senses alerted her to the fact someone was tracking her and she hastily picked up Litten’s ball. “You’re obviously not a ninja, I know you’re there. If you don’t mind, stop stalking me.” Regardless of her warning to whoever was following her, she decided to press on, even if Litten was still biting her.

Litten just growled at her again. “Sshh!” She hissed at it, prompting it to flatten its ears in disapproval. Kayla sighed. Not the best start.

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara blundered through the undergrowth, stumbling to a halt right before he could slam face-first into a tree. He strained his ears to listen for the pitter patter of thieving feet escaping. What hind of horrible thug would steal from an old man? He'd heard stories about poachers stealing rare Pokémon to sell at high prices. Was that the kind of person he was dealing with?

In the distance, he could hear the sounds of new trainers battling, starlys twittering in the trees and... Pained cussing?

He headed toward the noise and caught sight of a flash of red hair. He burst through the foliage, causing the girl who was trying to pry the litten from her hand to look up in surprise. She opened her mouth to say something, but Ara didn't give the criminal a chance to make a sound.

"Wyvern, use Draco Meteor!" he commanded, hurling his jangmo-o's Pokéball into the air. The ball split open and the dragon emerged in a flash of red light, sharp teeth and claws glinting in the sunlight.

Without showing any indication that she'd even heard her trainer, she curled up on the grassy ground and pointedly turned her back on him. In the confused silence that followed, Ara buried his face in his hands in an attempt to hide the red blush that was spreading across his face.

8. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    “Tch.” Kayla scorned the boy. “A Dragon Tamer and your Dragon won’t listen to you? What a joke. You do something to make your Dragon dislike you?” Her fingers dug into Litten’s neck a bit harder and she was finally able to pull the spitfire off of her hand. “I’ll recall you if you’re not gonna be nice.” Kayla warned the Fire type who was her starter. Litten merely hissed back.

In response, Kayla retrieved the ball and returned her starter, exactly as she had told it. She placed the ball in her rucksack and half turned away from the other trainer. “I’d advise not following me if you don’t want there to be trouble. But knowing you, you’ll follow anyway. So… I’ll only say it once. Make me repeat myself and, well… there will be trouble. Don’t stalk me.”

Kayla set off, scoffing under her breath at the shocked and intimidated expression on the boy. “Hmm, wonder what my first capture should be?” She pondered as she increased the distance between her and the Dragon Tamer.

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    The sound of her footsteps faded and Ara cast his Pokémon a hopeless glance. "Wyvern..." He swore he could see the corner of her mouth twitch upwards in a nasty smirk and he buried his face in his hands again. He had an unpleasant feeling she was enjoying every second she watched him fail.

He crouched beside the jangmo-o and she cracked open a scarlet eye to glare at him. He cringed and shuffled back a little in case she tried to bite him and cleared his throat. "So... Uh..." he hesitated, "L-look, I get that you don't like me too much, b-but..." he tried a shy smile, "Maybe we... We could reach some kind of compromise?"

Wyvern leapt to her feet, snarling. Ara shrieked and fell backward, slamming into the ground hard and having the wind knocked out of him. As he struggled to suck air back into his lungs, he could hear Wyvern's scratchy laughter. He groaned and stared up at the sky, doing his best to blink away the oncoming flood of tears that was threatening to spill from behind his eyes. The girl was right; he was a joke. How was he supposed to capture and lead a team of dragons when his only partner refused to listen to a word he said?

Something rustled in the nearby grass and Wyvern was on her feet once more, scales clanging defensively. In an instant, Ara was sitting bolt upright, pulse racing. Not many things scared Wyvern, but the one thing that did just so happened to also be Ara's greatest fear. They held their breath as the creature emerged from its hiding place.

Instant panic flashed through Ara. He grabbed ahold of Wyvern. She was too terrified to protest. Without thinking how how he might look like to other trainers, he sprinted down the route, screaming like a maniac.

The igglybuff blinked its large eyes in confusion before waddling back into the undergrowth.

10. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla walked further along Route 1, surprised to see the boy from earlier, Ash, releasing his Popplio. It looked like he had a new Water type in his team, but she felt bad for the abandoned Pokémon. Her final team had no room for its final evolution, however, so she reluctantly kept going. Gritting her teeth at the Pokémon’s anguish was harder than she realized and it tore her up inside.

Just before she entered the Corrda Forest, she saw two random female trainers standing off to the side. They were going crazy over some guy called Gray Fullbuster. “Um… excuse me,” Kayla began, wanting to know what was so good about some guy. “Who is this Gray Fullbuster?”

One turned to her with wide eyes, as if she didn’t believe what she was hearing. “Seriously? You don’t know Gray Fullbuster?” She sounded scandalized. “He’s like… the best Champion any region’s ever had.”

“Yeah.” Her friend added. “He’s got a full team of Ice Pokémon. No one yet has beaten him.”

The first girl waved her hand flippantly. “And… he’s a stripper!” Both girls descended into giggles at this comment.

Kayla just rolled her eyes at their immaturity, but was intrigued nonetheless.

11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara dropped down from the tree, failing to properly land on his feet and landing on his face instead. He scrambled to his feet, glancing around to make sure that the igglybuff was gone and sighed in relief when he found it was nowhere in sight. His heart was still pounding from the experience, though. Even though the wild Pokémon was still young and relatively weak, it sent shivers down his spine just thinking of its large soulless eyes and destructively super-effective typing.

Ready to continue his pursuit of the litten's thief, he returned Wyvern to her Pokéball, figuring that he might come off as slightly more intimidating if his disobedient Pokémon was out of sight. Or at least, as intimidating as a short, mildly chubby 14-year-old could look.

"Hey there! Wanna battle?" Ara almost jumped out of his skin as a young boy in a red cap materialised beside him, a pikachu sitting on his shoulder, its tail wagging in anticipation for said battle.

"N-no, sorry, I don't have any Pokémon." it had always guilted Ara to lie, but he knew a battle would result in nothing but humiliation for him.

The boy's smile melted into a look of confusion, "You're holding a Pokéball." he pointed out and Ara awkwardly hid it behind his back. The boy quickly added, "Which, you know, is fine. We don't need to fight. I just thought... Well, you know-"

"I-I'm actually looking for someone." Ara told him, cutting in before the conversation could get any more awkward, "She's kind of tall, athletic-looking, has bright red hair..." his eyes fell on a figure standing with two other girls by the entrance of the Corrda Forest, "Never mind, found her."

#11 Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  12. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla grimaced as she heard the boy’s voice and turned to look at him, giving a death stare. “I’m gonna get-” She tried to speak, but one of the fangirls cut her off, making her frown.

“I have an idea. Why don’t you there...” She pointed to Ara and Ash. “… Battle each other. And one of us will battle her. And if she wins, she’ll get 5 Poké Balls.”

It didn’t even take Kayla a second to think about it. If she was getting free Poké Balls for winning, then she was so in. “Agreed.”

Ash hesitated. “But he...”

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    The thought of having an even larger audience to watch him attempt to battle made a nervous sweat trickle down Ara's neck and he opened his mouth to refuse but then reconsidered when an idea come to him. Maybe he could use this to his advantage...

"I'll battle you." he told Ash as he unclipped Wyvern's Pokéball from his belt. He let out the little dragon and fixed her with what he thought was a stern look, "Ok Wyvern, you're going to listen to me, and we're going to win this. Do you understand?" Wyvern hissed and he flinched, causing one of the fangirls to giggle.

He turned back to Kayla, forcing his voice to remain steady under her her suspicious gaze, "If I lose, I'll leave you alone." he drew in a deep breath, forcing his own eyes to meet hers, "But if you lose your own battle, y-you're gonna have to return the litten you stole."

14. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    “Me? Lose? Not a chance. You’re on, by the way.” Kayla was confident in her battling ability and taming her Litten shouldn’t be too hard. She took out the ball from her rucksack and held it up. “You’re about to enter a battle, Rath. I’d prefer if you win, because I don’t intend to lose.”

Kayla let her Pokémon out of the Poké Ball. Rath the Litten turned and hissed at his trainer, before refocusing on the opposition. Kayla watched intently as the fangirl called out her own Pokémon, a Starly.

The fangirl started things off by ordering Starly to use Tackle. Rath easily dodged the low aerial attack and responded by scratching the bird. Starly shrieked in alarm and collided with a tree, but wasn’t completely out of the picture yet. It retaliated with Growl, but Rath’s nature caused him to shrug it off.

Starting to get bored, Rath decided to ‘go in for the kill’ and finish Starly off. He performed another scratch and bit the bird Pokémon, causing it to faint.

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    There was an awkward pause from Ara as all heads turned to him. Well, it was a little too late to go back on his deal. Not that he'd intended on breaking it, but he'd been hoping that Rath would have been a little more resistant to Kayla's authority. Looking back, perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to wager everything on a maybe.

"O-ok. Wyvern, are you ready?" he looked down at his Pokémon, who was giving him a smug look. That probably wasn't a good sign. He turned to Ash, "R-right, l-let's go!"

Pikachu hopped down from Ash's shoulder, at his trainer's command, he launched a Thundershock attack at Wyvern.

"Counter it with Draco Meteor!" Ara shouted. Wyvern turned her head to shoot him a dirty look only to get zapped by her opponent. She snarled and charged at him trying to land a less effective Tackle. "Draco Meteor!" she wasn't listening. Ash's pikachu was faster than her, dodging her clumsy attacks and sending yellow sparks in her direction when she was off-balance. Even though electric-type attacks weren't very effective against her thick hide, she was losing health fast.

Ara groaned and looked away, unable to stand staring at the scene much longer. The look on Ash's face was downright apologetic as his Pokémon zapped Wyvern again. A flash of light drew Ara's eyes back to his Pokémon. A coloured stone wrapped in a glowing aura appeared above her head and she readied herself to hurl the Draco Meteor at Pikachu when the electric Pokémon sent one last bolt of lightning at her and the attack dissipated as her legs gave out beneath her.

16. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    The fangirl fulfilled her part of the deal and presented Kayla with five Poké Balls, after returning her fainted Starly. She would heal her partner after Kayla and the boy left, giving her fellow fangirl an approving wink. Their plan to help Kayla win had succeeded, but how would her opposition react?

“You’re a good kid,” Kayla began, surprising Ara. The redhead could see he hadn’t been expecting to hear praise from a thief. “No, really.” She paused and asked for Ara’s Xtransceiver number. “In case I need to warn you about something. I’m sure I’ll run into the evil team of this region sooner or later.”

Kayla got a reluctant sigh in response, but she heard a text come through on her own Xtransceiver. The fangirls didn’t have any such call device. “Thank you.”

Kayla started walking off, intending on heading through the Corrda Forest. She aimed to capture a Nidoran male.

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    A quick trip to the Pokémon Centre restored Wyvern back to full health. Ara made his way back to the outskirts of the forest, where he noted that Kayla, Ash and the fangirls had gone their seperate ways. The fact that he didn't have to face them made him feel incredibly relieved; he'd had enough embarrassment for one day.

The forest was quieter than Route 1, as most starter trainers preferred to battle closer to a Pokémon Centre that they could quickly run back to in case they found themselves in trouble. Ara was slightly concerned about running into Kayla as he didn't want to give her the impression that he was breaking their agreement, but he figured that if he lay low, he should be able to avoid her just fine.

He let Wyvern out of her Pokéball. "You, uh... You fought well back there." she didn't look as if she believed him at all, "No, really! I'm pretty sure that was the first time I'd ever seen you actually try and use Draco Meteor." Even though it was only after she'd gotten beaten up by Ash's pikachu. But he figured it probably wasn't in his best interests to add that.

He began to reach into his bag for a repel, but decided against it. It would be a better idea to save them for an emergency. Plus, Wyvern could handle most wild Pokémon, provided they weren't a fairy type. And it actually seemed as if she was willing to listen to Ara's commands. At least, for the time being.

With his spirits somewhat lifted by this thought, he set foot inside the Corrda Forest.

18. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla was quite pleased with herself; she had captured her first Pokémon, a male Nidoran. She called him out of his ball and selected a Potion from her rucksack to heal him with. “Hey buddy, this might hurt a little. But hang in there, please?”

The little rodent flinched as he felt the first spray of the Potion, but quickly realized the pain vanished as soon as it had been there. Nidoran blinked, feeling better like Rath had never wounded him.

Kayla turned to her newest capture and kneeled down to his level. “What do you think of the nickname “Balmung”?”

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    The young trainer huffed in indignation as she returned her pidgey back to its ball and Ara found the beginnings of a smile curling the corner of his mouth. Despite Wyvern's stubborn resistance, he was beginning to believe he may have been making some progress with her. Though most of the time, he had a feeling that she was following orders more because she didn't want to get beaten up by the opposing Pokémon again rather out of respect to her trainer.

His smile instantly melted away as the other trainer sent out a cottonee. The puffball of doom set its sights on Wyvern and Ara could see her legs begin to tremble. His hands shook. "I n-need to g-go." he stuttered, grabbing Wyvern's Pokéball before the cottonee could deliver an attack.

The trainer quirked an eyebrow, "What are you talking about? Don't tell me your bailing now just because you have a type advantage!" Ara tried to respond, but the words felt stuck in his throat. He tore his eyes away from the fairy and stumbled down the path, legs feeling like jelly. The trainer gave chase and he broke into a sprint.

Once he'd put enough distance between himself and the cottonee, he collapsed at the base of a tree. It took a long time for his racing heart to finally slow down.

20. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    As soon as Balmung noticed Rath after coming out of his ball, the little purple rodent chittered at the feline angrily. The cat, at first, responded with a lazy stare, thinking nothing of his team-mate’s indignation. But when Balmung pushed past Kayla’s hand and struck Rath with a Peck, the Litten’s attitude changed altogether.

Rath hissed menacingly and spat an oily fireball from his mouth. The Nidoran screamed as the projectile burned his short fur. He managed to shake off the pain, despite wincing as he ran towards Rath, tiny horn straight out.

Kayla’s eyes widened; the intent was clear, he wanted to poison Rath. She tried to stop her two partners from fighting, but a Taillow flew in front of her, as if it meant to impede her progress. The redhead swore in a panic, she didn’t want her Pokémon fighting like this. Why were they even fighting? She didn’t get what had went wrong in those few seconds she had looked away.

A Pidgeotto must have heard the racket and flew in to see what was going on. When it saw the fight, it decided to join in, because why not?

Kayla groaned, before sighing. This was going to be a long trip through the forest.