1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A Superior Land (Mega Adventure Tribute) - Wizarmonfan X Mandriel

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Mandriel, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Ara glanced nervously at Rath. He considered letting Wyvern out after all to protect him in case the litten tried to pull anything as he slept, but he wasn't certain if that would just make things worse.

Not feeling any better about his situation, he indicated toward Rath and asked, "He's not dangerous, is he?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Exp. Share ★★
    Looking over at Ara when he first spoke, then towards Rath when the boy mentioned her Litten, Kayla shook her head slowly. “I don’t think he’ll attack you. It was more that he wants to get back at me. I’m not going to let him just yet.”

Kayla got some of the limited food out of her backpack as well and handed a sausage roll to Ara. “They’re gourmet ones. Really tasty.”

3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Feeling much better, Ara took the roll and wondered how something he'd heard his mother call 'disgusting fast food garbage' could be considered 'gourmet'. There was so much he had to learn about the world.

The crackling of the fire was able to drown out the creepy forest sounds that surrounded them. For the first time that day, Ara found that he actually felt secure. To a degree, that was. He was still hanging out with a stranger and his Pokémon hated him, but he no longer felt so alone. He drew the doona around his shoulders and wondered if Kayla felt the same way.

4. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla ate one she’d spared for herself, then settled under the doona beside Ara. It wasn’t enough to keep her satisfied, but it would do until the morning when they would reach the next city.

Like Ara, she was insecure about her surroundings, but hated her parents more than anything for just dumping her and taking off. She wanted to grow as a person and find a way to go back to Hoenn, to show off her Pokémon to her parents, hope they would be proud of her.

Kayla sighed as she settled down and turned onto her side. “I’d imagine both of us are tired. Sleep in in the morning if you want, Ara. We’re not in that much of a rush to get to the city.” She paused and then continued. “Good night.” Closing her eyes, she focused on clearing her mind, ready for sleep to claim her.

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara was woken up the next morning by a cacophony of screeching bird Pokémon. He opened his eyes to find the sun shining directly into his face and groaned, squeezing them shut. When he moved to sit up, his muscles ached from when he'd rolled off the mat in his sleep and spent the night lying on the rocky ground.

At least things can only get better from here... He thought to himself. Careful not to wake Kayla or her Pokémon, he silently unzipped his bag and retrieved some cans of stew. Since she'd provided them with food last night, it only made sense that it was his turn that morning.

6. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla took a bit longer to wake, but groaned at the blinding light assaulting her senses even though her eyes were still shut. She waited a minute before opening them slowly, realizing that Rath and Balmunng were already up and about.

As was Ara.

Kayla sat bolt upright, apologizing, as she started getting up.

“Don’t be.” Ara answered. “You did say we could sleep in.”

“I know, but I also don’t want to be the one slowing us down. I’m so sorry.”

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    "There's no rush." Ara said, using a pair of sticks as makeshift tongs to lift the heated cans away from the fire. He poured the contents of one onto the ground before their Pokémon and did his best to divide it into three equal portions. After giving himself a moment to brace himself, he let Wyvern out. "There's enough to go around; please don't fight."

Wyvern scowled at him and shot a greedy look at the other pokemons' food, but obeyed. Ara sighed in relief.

8. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla laughed as she watched the near miss unfold. She got up and rummaged through her backpack again, bringing out two bags of chips. “I know these especially aren’t healthy, so I’m sorry. But it’s all I have left now until we reach the city. We can have these for lunch.”

The girl handed one bag to Ara and bowed, clearly apologizing once more. For a moment, she watched her two partners eat the previously tinned food, cracking a smile as Balmung got tetchy upon realizing he couldn’t get at Rath’s.

#48 Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    "Now that the sun's up, we can finally see where we're going." Ara said, unfolding his map and laying it on the ground before them, "It says here that there's a path that leads from Okimira Town directly to Kagawa City. We must have missed it yesterday with everything that happened. If we could find it today, we should be able to get back to civilisation."

10. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla nodded, recalling her partners after they’d eaten. She wasn’t a fan of stew, but didn’t want to disappoint or insult Ara, so she ate the beef bits in it and left everything else.

The teen tried handing Ara the spare bag of chips she’d offered him before once more, hoping he would take them. Kayla kept her own packet handy as she was going to snack on them during the journey back to Kagawa City.

11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara had never liked the salty dry flavour of chips, but it felt rude to turn down a gift. He shoved the packet into his bag and busied himself with cleaning up his things. As he was packing his bag, his hand brushed against something cool and metallic. He pushed the items covering it to one side to reveal his can of repel.

Without thinking, he reached for the repel, but hesitated. Kayla and her Pokémon could help him deal with any wild Pokémon they came across; it was best he didn't waste his limited supply. He had somebody he could depend on now.

Wrenching his gaze from the repel, he pushed it to the bottom of his bag and zipped it shut. He looked around the site to make sure he hadn't left anything behind and turned to Kayla, "Are you ready?"

12. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Meanwhile, back in Hoenn, Kayla’s parents were sorting through the stuff they had made her leave behind when they’d bundled her into the taxi and dropped her off at the airport. The father wanted to get rid of everything, but the mother was hesitant to part with most of the items.

“She’ll ring us one day, you know.” The woman tried to convince her husband not to sell them.

He shrugged. “So what if she does? She’s not here to claim them any more, so we should sell them!”

“Honey!” The woman, Bella, tried again. But she began looking despondent when she realized Johnny wasn’t listening.

Kayla sighed, thinking briefly of home, before a chill ran down her spine. She frowned at the realization and then snarled sharply. “Those idiots better not sell any of my stuff! I’ll kill them.”

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara laughed nervously, "Don't worry, I'm sure they won't do something like that!" Though going by the conviction in Kayla's voice, he couldn't bring himself to totally believe what he was saying. He hoped that nobody was looking through his stuff back at home. He wouldn't have put it past some of his family members to snoop when they had the chance.

14. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Reigning in her temper, Kayla whirled on her travelling companion. “You don’t know them like I do. My father, I definitely wouldn’t put it past him. My mother is more a follower, but tries to speak up when she can.” She paused and then continued. “Doesn’t always work out for her, though… which is a pity.”

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara blinked, not completely sure how to respond. "Oh? That's..." Terrible? Rude? A complete breach of privacy and trust? "... Unfortunate." Damn it. He didn't mean to sound inconsiderate. "I-I mean," he struggled to find a way to backpedal, "Tha-that's not right." Yeah, no kidding. Every word that came out of his mouth just made him feel more stupid. "I mean..."

The sight of a worn dirt path through the trees flooded him with relief.

"Oh, look. The road." Was it insensitive for him to try and change the topic? The subject of bad parenting made him uncomfortable.

16. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Kayla chuckled, her fury obvious as her eyes burned with determination. Once she was in the Centre, she was calling her parents to make sure they didn’t sell her stuff. Like hell was that going to happen. Over my dead body! The teen thought angrily.

Hearing Ara’s comment seemed to snap her out of the rage that was building. “The road?” She mumbled, focusing on where Ara was pointing. “Oh good. Now things can get done.”

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara sighed, half relieved they were no longer lost and half proud he'd been able to smoothly steer the conversation away from uncomfortable topics. At least, as smooth as he could possibly make it.

They stepped onto the road, its dirt surface compacted by the generations of travellers that had walked it. If he'd known what the road ahead held in store for the two of them, he would have called his brother right then and there and begged from him to be taken back home. But neither he nor Kayla couldn't have predicted the series of events that lay in their near future as they continued in ignorance along the path to Kagawa City.

18. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Blindsiding them without warning was a real thief, made obvious by their ski hood and a dozen other Poké Balls on their belt that could not have been theirs. “Oooh, you two look nice and cozy. Mind if I steal your partners?” The thief, their voice identifying them as a male, spoke.

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ara leapt backward, heart thudding wildly as the man materiallised in front of them.

"Ah- Whuh- Huh?" he almost tripped over his own feet and grabbed onto Kayla's arm to steady himself.

Who was that? Where did he come from? Was he armed? Was he going to hurt them? Did he have any fairies?

20. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    The man flicked out a knife that hadn’t been there before and Kayla tensed, putting her body slightly in front of Ara’s to defend him. But it was his next words that made her freeze and think. “Kayla, don’t. You don’t know what other weapons he has. I don’t… w-want to watch you die.”

Kayla turned and looked Ara in the eyes, before lowering her head, seemingly in thought. “… Okay.” She finally answered.