1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 5 A walk down memory lane... Let's talk about the Dream World!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by OzoneFruit, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Did you use the Pokemon Dream World when it was up?

1. Yes! :D

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nope...

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. What's a Dream World?

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ah, Dream World. That magical place on the GTS where there was more to do than just spend Pokemiles. I loved the Dream World in its prime, and wish there was still a way to bring it back. How much did you use the Dream World back in the BW/BW2 glory days? I had a blast walking through the various maps and catching stuff in Dream Balls. I also had a mansion of an Island going with a Japanese Temple style hom; I also grew a ton of rare berries. All those achievements have long since been lost to the digital abyss though... I cry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    Dream World was the thing you used to get legends from other games and gens right? Downloaded as a seperate app from the eshop? or is this simething else

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think you're talking about the Dream Radar game for the 3DS where you could catch the Therian Formes. Dream World was a GTS thing on the computer.

4. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    yep probably no idea what dream world is then

5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Oof, feelsbadman, you missed out on a lot of fun stuff :(

6. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    What is Drēam Wörld?

7. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
  8. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Ōh (Ī ōnly plāyed Pokémon gāmes until Ĝen. 4)

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I still to this day regret not naming the DW Arceus..... Also buyable Dream Balls when?

10. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I absolutely loved the DW in its glory days. Back when Hidden Abilities were a new thing, I spent a lot of time trying to get the best ones with DW exclusive moves. Sucks that they shut it down but luckily, I managed to preserve a couple of screenshots of my dream house before they closed it down for good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BluetailsTheBuizel likes this.
  11. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I think dream world is the only way you can get a Pokémon with a hidden ability(Excluding Zen-mode Darmanitan of course)

12. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Oof, it’s kind of a shame I missed all that.

13. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    By the time I'd gotten the gen 5 games, it was already down.

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I miss the Dream World. Probably the one thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it was part of the GTS and not the games themselves, which meant that it was doomed to eventually die off from the very start. This is why I don't like it when games become to reliant on internet services. The fun can't last.

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I used it in the start at least, it got pretty boring after a bit but at least I got HA mons out of it so it was worth it at least.

16. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    This is very new to me. May someone kind enough explain it to a shmuck like me?

17. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Back in Gen 5, the Pokémon Global Link was MUCH, MUCH different in terms of design. It had an entire online game called Dream World where you could send Pokémon from your DS onto the Global Link to your own "Dream Island". Here, you could grow berries and find rare items and visit different areas that could be unlocked as you played the game more. Each area had different Pokémon with Hidden Abilities. You'd be able to befriend Pokémon by successfully winning minigames (Examples of these games include gem collecting, ice-cream scooping, racing, etc.) and send them back to your DS for capture.

Sadly, the Dream World has been shut down for a very long time now. It was inevitable with the Global Link changing over time, but I still really miss the feature. Also, all the Pokémon you sent back were caught in these cool balls called Dream Balls, which are pink and have a neat misty animation when you call the Pokémon out. I still try and find those on the GTS when I can.

18. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    That kinda sounds a little like those poke bean islands in sun and moon

19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    In a way, kinda, I guess! X3 There was a lot more stuff you could buy on Dream World, and instead of beans you had to spend different groups of berries ^^

20. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I used the Dream World pretty frequently, actually. At the time I didn't really understand the mechanics so I didn't get much out of it, but I thought it was a lot of fun and I was really sad when it was shut down.