1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A work in progress

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wings, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    @SyWry I, for one, like your description so far, and I don't think you're getting too detailed yet. And probably not at all until you start including the minutiae of running a guild directly into main chapters. I like settling down with slice-of-life reading sometimes, but I think I've never read one featuring Pokémon as the characters. And your lore of how some psychic type twins tend to merge in time is interesting, but it seems weird the bit of story about Mith and Muith hatching from the same egg. Is there any precedent for that in any canon Pokémon media, more than one Pokémon hatching from an egg? It may be sensible if they're in two eggs that were laid at (nearly?) the same time, or if they were born some time apart from one another (whatever the interval between naturally-laid eggs is in their species), then you could have some emotional tugging about how the firstborn knows, just knows that there's a sibling on the way, filled with longing and worry and excitement until the next-born is born/hatched. You really have an opportunity to draw out the emotion there or start a show-instead-of-tell of how one of the two is significantly more watchful than the other, if that's part of their character dynamic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SyWry likes this.
  2. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    First of all, thanks for such an wonderful response. Its really awesome to see someone take interest in a story that I've come up with. Firstly, I meant was this too detailed for the thread, not the story, my mistake not specifying. Just noticed that my posts were significantly longer than others.

Honestly, Mith and Muith hatching from the same egg was back when I had them as identical twins, but I wanted them to be male and female so I scrapped that part. Then thought that maybe all Pokémon twins hatch from the same egg hence their natural telepathic connection (from my own already described ideas). This is just a cool thought though with no backing from any Pokémon media, but I think there was something about real animals having two creatures hatch from the same egg as an anomaly of twins. I couldn't tell you where or when, but if it gets too hand wavy I can easily dump the idea. I do like your idea on the emotional difference between ages, but I'm going to stick with the twins idea since its often said that twins in the real world have a telepathic connection, and I simply thought what would happen if you applied that to two inherently psychic creatures like Pokémon. Still though, they wont be the same character, in fact, I plan on having them be exact opposites personality. Muith, the girl, being calm, calculated, focused, competitive, and work driven where as Mith, the boy, will be emotional, a prankster, rather childish, and likes to have fun (got these ideas from their abilities, competitive and prankster). They will be inseparable even when their radically different personalizes don't get along since they've been psychically connected for so long, they cannot live without the other in their mind (of course growth over the course of the story will take place, but they are still extremely hesitant to be apart from one another far into their adulthood). This also being the case with other psychic twins but to the extreme of they can not physically function without the other half present and our duo gets spared from this extreme since they still retain sense of selves. (oversimplifying my total picture for these characters as not to fill this whole page with nothing but text, but feel free to ask if you wish to know more about these characters) Their situation is complicated to say the least, but their dynamic will be a fun one to write.

Actually, most of the detailed guild system was in guild politics and not running a guild. I just figured that most guild masters would use administrators to run the minutiae for them like Chatot from PMD. I was focusing on the complex design of unique guilds, huge guilds, and powerful guilds while thinking deeply on how all these three guild types would vine for power, fortune, and administrative control over the lands while all operating in the same town. Over the course of the story, the town goes from being a powder keg ready to blow if someone so much as sneezes at another to a more stable and functional society that handles problems in less violent ways. Complex, mainly early civilization politics, but I love writing complexity.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  3. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    A Lot Of WIPs, In Fact For Me.
    Like Kasaturni, My First Fakemon Concept Art For Example.