1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Aaaaay, what's up?

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Minty Electric, May 26, 2019.

1. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    Hello, all! I'm Minty Electric, probs better known as Minty Electronica or simply Minty. Oddly enough, I'm also part of the Nuzlocke community, but I'm less here because of the unspoken migration that apparently happened a month or so ago and more because of FFN, haha. As in, I've heard about y'all from FFN ages ago but only really decided to take the dive and jump in to check out your writing community, hang out with peeps, and just a bit see what other communities besides the Nuzlocke forums and my own (Canalave Library) are doing these days.

Also, you have a built-in collector quest with catchable Pokémon all over your forum, and that's, like, my jam right there.

As you can probably guess, I'm a fic author who's currently juggling a bunch of different projects, most of which are either sci-fi in nature or involve Bill-based shenanigans because I'm a sucker for mad scientist-types. And aliens. Preferably both at once.

Idk what else to offer up in terms of info. She/her pronouns are great. Clefairy is the greatest. ORAS is also my jam, and I am thoroughly Team Sobble? That's about it, but hello, everyone~ :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Minty Electric likes this.
  3. Mystery girl

Mystery girl Youngster

Reshiram Egg
    (Reshiram Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽155.6
    Jaw Fossil ★★★
    Welcome

4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @Minty Electric
    Up is a 2009 American 3D computer-animated comedy-drama buddy[3] adventure film[4] produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film centers on an elderly widower named Carl Fredricksen (Ed Asner) and an earnest boy named Russell

Now that we've got shitposting out of the way, welcome to Lake Valor! You have a pretty rad username by the way! The site is pretty awesome (yay self plug) so have fun and don't be shy to ask if you have any questions. One time I bit wizard but that was it...

5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
  6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Hey hey! Welcome to Lake Valor! It's nice to see somebody else who is ultra hyped for Jim Carrey as myself. Haha, it's been fun talking on Discord thus far. I hope you decide to stick around! Let me or another staff member know if you have any questions!

7. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It's always great to have more writers coming by the Lake so welcome! Anyway, as a writer myself, I've always had fun with the fantasy but I've also wanted to go down the sci-fi route at some point.
    I hope that you enjoy yourself while you are here! :3

8. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hello there! Welcome to the lake!

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Welcome to Lake Valor! OmegaRuby (and AlphaSapphire, by extension) happens to be one of my favorite games in the series as well.

10. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0

Tell me more. :O

On a serious note, thanks so much to all y'all for the warm welcomes! :D I can already see that this is a delightful place where I can insert my giant eff robot fic hang out with cool people.

And yeeeeesssss to all the ORAS love. 8)

Also! Side point?

Thoroughly encourage this, by the by. From what I've experienced, sci-fi is a lot like fantasy, only with more chrome and a tiny bit more technical explanation. But other than that, the great thing about both genres is that you can totally come up with the wildest plots, settings, and concepts. It's just that with sci-fi, instead of saying, "That's the point" whenever someone tells you something is impossible, you usually answer with, "Cool, cool, but you can't prove that it is, can you?" 8)

Orrrrrr tl;dr, please do because it's so much fun.

11. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Hey, welcome to the Lake! Hope you have a nice time here. ORAS has got to be one of my favourite Pokémon games. I'm also juggling a bunch of projects, though they're on hiatus for now. Can't seem to find the time to write. Anyways, have fun! :)

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Hi! Welcome to the Lake! I hope you have a great time here!

13. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Hi and welcome! I’ve yet to play ORAS (still) but I know they’re good games. Also Clefairy is a good choice too.

14. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    Ah, thanks so much, all! :D And yes, absolutely, give ORAS a shot, @ValorVolcarona. 8) It's great.

Also!

That is definitely #relatable. D: I kinda get around that/writer's block in general by making it a point to sit down and write even a tiny bit (like a half a page or so) every day. Even if you're not feeling like it, even those tiny bits will help keep you from doing something like letting yourself put off writing completely, you know?

15. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    hold up.... i think i recognize you from serebii!! jax????

if youre not whoops thats awkward, if you are hi again its been a while, welcome to lake valor we have lots of sobble fans here

16. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    :O !!! Yes indeed! Had a bit of a username change and all after jumping ship, but glad to see some non-Nuzlocke familiar faces here too~

Def hit me up in profile posts if you'd like to catch up at any time, but otherwise, thanks for the welcome! :D

17. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Welcome to the Lake, hope you know how to swim!

18. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    It's okay. I just caught a mudkip in this forum. :V

On a serious note, thank you!

19. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Ignore this, I was blind when I post reply

20. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Late welcome, but a welcome none the less!