1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ability Discussion: Technician

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by East, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Technician is an amazing ability - it boosts the base power of all moves with 60 or lower original base power with a multiplier of 1.5. ​
    Moves affected include: Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Low Sweep, Pursuit, and Rock Tomb. Naming only a few, of course. ​
    Pokémon that get this ability normally or through the Dream World are: ​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    But wouldn't it be great if a Pokémon or few not on this list actually DID get Technician? ​
    Personally, I'd say Machamp would be a great addition:​
    [​IMG]
    Machamp @ Assault Vest​
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed​
    Ability: Technician​
    Jolly Nature​
    - Power-Up Punch​
    - Dual Chop​
    - Bullet Punch​
    - Bulldoze​
    Who here would NOT love this?​

Reckless likes this.
  2. Slash

Slash ヽ(◉◡◔)ノ Sky's the limit!

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Personally I already love Machamp with No Guard, but Technician sounds fun! You should try it out in Almost Any Ability tier or Hackmons.

Most users abusing technician are also physical attackers. How does boosted AncientPower/Dragon Breath/Draining Kiss sound? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Reckless likes this.
  3. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    Having skill link on a Pokémon which have moves that attack 2-5 times is good.
    For example, breloom is awesome with that technician ability.
    When using bullet seed, 25(Power) + 50%(STAB) + 50%(Technician) x 2-5. And with that 130 base attack,
    it can deal so much damage to a opposing Pokémon. You should use mega heracross/heracross
    with technician, because he has bullet seed/rock blast etc. which can do bigger damage than breloom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Skill Link can be pretty gimmicky at times, but I really like using it. For example, I find Stone Edge Breloom a lot better than Rock Tomb. Also, I will always prefer Earthquake over Bulldoze.

5. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    1. If you're referring to @[member="Synthesia"]'s post, Skill Link is that ability than makes multi-hit moves hit all 5 times. It's more consistent damage than Technician, but less maximum output.
    2. Stone Edge<Rock Tomb on Breloom. Stone Edge has 10 more power, but has 80% accuracy and doesn't lower Speed. There's no reason to risk a miss when you have a reliable (95%) move with a strong secondary effect.

Also, a cool move that Technician boosts is Hidden Power. It's really only useful on Roserade, though.

East likes this.
  6. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I honestly always think of technician as the perfect ability to have on physical sweepers. Weak moves like bullet punch and low sweep suddenly turn into weapons of mass destruction, and I love it. I really wish that they would replace the starter abilities (Blaze, Torrent, etc.) with variations of this ability. For example, you could have a variation of Technician for a water type starter where all water type moves with base 60 power or below got a 1.5x multiplier. I think this would be so much better than having to lose most of your health to power up one or two moves!

7. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Could Fury Cutter & Technician be a good combo? If used on Scyther, does it get boosted by Technician? And, if so, what kinda damage output would we be looking at (eg, how strong would such a combo be?)

8. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Since Fury Cutter has a base power of 10, it does get a boost from Technician. An Adamant 6IV Scyther with Technican and 252 EVs in Attack can do 82-97 damage against a Docile 6IV Blissy with no EVs.

Reckless likes this.
  9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Technician always seems to be more helpful for physical attackers because of the spread of base power among physical attacks. Most special attacks that could use the boost still don't have comparable power, or are otherwise just out of range to be boosted by Technician. Even then, the majority of special attacks that Pokémon can learn are generally higher than 60 base power.

However, this set would be pretty nice @[member="Slash"] :

[​IMG]
    Regice @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: (Technician)
    EVs: 252 Def/252 HP/ 4 SpDef
    Bold Nature
    - Ancient Power
    - Icy Wind
    - Charge Beam
    - Rest

Charge Beam at +50% is scary including the 70% chance of a SpAtk raise, then add Ancient Power's chance of boosting stats and coverage with a STAB Icy Wind and speed decrease to your opponent... I want to try this set on AAA (Almost Any Ability) XD

10. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I like Stone Edge for that crit chance. Crit chance really matters a whole ton in the long run to me. Stone Edge never misses for me (Fire Blast does all the time though, life's weird like that).

I know what Skill Link is btw. I use Cinccino all the time, I should know. I didn't actually read Synthesia's post :)

11. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    When you hear technician there only 2 mons in your mind:
    Scizor [3D='scizor']
    Breloom[3D='breloom']

Although they have not so powerful moves, this ability made them amazing physical attackers! what can i say!

12. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    @[member="Martsian"] agreed. Technician really saved them as viable Pokémon and is probably why we see so much usage out of them. It's really the perfect ability for them.

13. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    @KouhaiYes i agree. If breloom didnt have technician, it wouldnt be OU propably!

14. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    It's also interesting to note that Mega Scizor has Technician as well, and it's still one of the "best" megas (arguable). It doesn't have much difference in terms of defensive stats from Scizor, but the offensive stats get people even more riled up... Including myself XD

15. NativeBlasion

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    Definitely think Regice would be spectaculat with technician because it could use ancient power, charge beam, signal beam...and freaking frost breath. Wait... you mean that one move that is a critical hit each time it hits, and gets affected by technician, and is STAB, and gets even more power depending on the item, AND not counting all the stat boosts from charge beam and ancient power?! Um, yes please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.