1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Achromatic's Colorless White 2 Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 3, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    [​IMG]
    Achromatic's Colorless White 2 Nuzlocke
    Confession time. I started an OmegaRuby Nuzlocke recently and haven't finished it... I got super bored. I've decided to put that one on hold and play a game that I actually have passion for, White 2. It's one of my favourites and OmegaRuby just can't compare. I'm unfortunately not a big fan of Hoenn so it might be a while before I return to play, but someday hopefully. For now, OmegaRuby is on hold and a new adventure begins in White 2, Nuzlocke style.

RULES:
    - If a Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and MUST be boxed, never to be used again.
    - Can only capture the first Pokémon per area. If I fail to catch it, no Pokémon for me.
    - If the first Pokémon I find is a duplicate of one I already have, it won't be counted as my first encounter.
    - Each Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    - Two heals per Pokémon center. One before the gym and one after. No gym? One heal.
    - Healing items are allowed.
    - If I find a shiny, I can catch it no matter what. Though this never happens.
    - Battle Style set to Set.
    - EXP Share Off
    - If all Pokémon faint, it's game over. If I have backups in the box however, I can put them in my team to use until all backups are gone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I wish you the best of luck, Black 2 was a challenge for me as a kid, I hope you can beat it in a nuzlocke!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I seriously thought that it said "Achromatic's Colress White 2 Nuzlocke" XD

Good luck though, and I hope you do your best with this nuzlocke!

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Choosing My Starter
    It's time to get our lovely starter that will hopefully be spending a lot of time with us. I've chosen Oshawott and I shall name it... Masamune, after a famous Samurai. Welcome aboard my team, partner! Let's win some battles together.

We also get to fight Hugh who is our rival and naturally, I won flawlessly. Bye Hugh, you didn't stand a chance.

Route 19
    The route numbers are gonna get confusing, bare with me. First mon is Patrat, as I kinda expected. Ah well, it's not great but it's something. Gonna name it Buck.

Floccesy town
    This place is really nice. Simple. Rustic. Beautiful. This game has a lot of neat locations, I feel it's very underrated.

Route 20
    A stormy route, a new mon. We're gonna catch us a... Purrloin. Okay. Nothing exciting but it'll do! Gonna name i-oops. I crit killed it. Well then. No Purrloin for us. :')

Floccesy Ranch
    Okay, one more chance to get something good before the gym. Give me all your luck. It's... Lillipup. Not what the doctor ordered but it'll do I guess. :'( Gonna name it Pupper. Siiiigh.

Gonna spend some time grinding here so I'm extra prepared for the gym battle ahead. :) Also, why is there a janitor out here? What's he sweeping, the grass???

Flocessy Town
    Gonna do a bit of pre-gym grinding. Anyone else really miss medals? This game had a lot of cool side content. Newer games take heed.

Aspertia City
    After some grinding, it's Cheren time. I don't think he's gonna go down without a fight. Let's do this.

He tried to Work Up me to death, but I managed to snag a victory without losing a single mon. I'd consider that a success! Our first gym battle has been won.

Let's see where this journey takes us.

JadeFox likes this.
  5. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I recently started a White 2 nuzlocke with the friends I made at college. I hope you have better luck than my friend who lost their nuzlocke to a wild Venipede!

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Aspertia City
    Well, it's time to proceed with my adventure! Just got the TM for Return which could be really useful. Not gonna use it juuust yet though I DO remember that TMs can be reused this gen... hmm. That's gonna take some getting used to. This game had a lot of cool new UI elements in particular. Might be a lil bit before I can get something new but I'm excited to see what it'll be! :)

Gotta grind up the rest of my team too, everyone but Masamune is looking pitifully weak. Soz guys.

Virbank City
    Whilst it's kinda forgetful, I like this place. Gonna grab my pre-gym heal here right now! This gym won't be easy.

Virbank Complex
    It's time for a brand new mon! We're getting... Magnemite! Pretty good tbh, I'm content with this guy and will train it up. Gonna name it Attractive. Geddit? It's also Timid nature which is REALLY good.

Also found a Silk Scarf which is gonna go on Pupper. Aaand a wild Audino just killed Buck. Ah well, I never liked Patrat anyways. :')

Grinding is gonna be less painful this gen which I am VERY happy about. However, once again we find ourselves at a loss. During a double battle with two Magnemites which I physically could not escape from, Pupper was killed. :( Ugh. It sucks, Pupper had some decent potential, but I couldn't escape nor could I heal. Bye Pupper.

I've also taken the time to grind and evolve Masamune into Dewott! Yay. I'm ready to take on the gym.

Virbank City
    Magnemite is gonna take charge of the gym! Let's do this thang.

Aaand it's a steal. Tis a simple battle that Magnemite easily had in the bag. Sigh, now I've gotta do that forced PokéStar Studio thing. I hate it. :'(

Badges 2/8

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Castelia City
    Ah, the big city. The big apple. The pizza pie. The... okay, you get the picture. The place of many items and some new mons is more like it! Let's go grinding AND catching. Also Team Plasma hunting because they exist and they also suck and we must destroy them for whatever reason. Let's go!

You know what I've noticed in Pokémon? There are a LOT of characters who try to guilt trip you to do things for this. I genuinely dislike this game text. Maybe it's me just being easily irritable (probably) but it's just tacky. The old man in the Underground HQ thingy in Platinum, the Scientist in the Analytics HQ in Castelia who say "pls do my thing I'm LONELY WAA." need to stop. I'm not gonna do your bidding just because you GUILT TRIP ME. I know there's more characters that do this too. Eugh.

Castelia Sewers
    This place was WEIRD. But hey, new mons am I rite? We found... Rat and Zubat. Uuuugh. Unlucky. I'll get Zubat and yes, I'll name it Achrobatic. If Hugh doesn't kill it that is. <_<

Old trends die real fast, but catch a Zubat I must. :') Got it. Time for another fight against Plasma with my buddy Hugh. Hugh... Mungus....

Relic Passage
    Why does this place exist? We may never know. New mon here very awesomely is Drilbur! Naturally gonna name it Resetti. Also WOW. This dude is Adamant nature. That's ridic.

Castelia City
    Not technically away from the sewers yet, but there is a nice little location here I can use to get another mon. It's Petilil! I will happily take this, yes please. Gonna name it Syd, doesn't need explaining.

Okay, that's enough of this entry. I have a lot of grinding to do before the next gym, so it's time to get on that.

8. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Petilil is one of my top three favorite gen v Pokémon, glad to see it getting a chance to shine in your nuzlocke.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Castelia City
    Hi, I'm back. Did tons of grinding. TONS. A few things died, my team currently is Achrobatic, Attractive and Masamune. Not maaany but I'm ready to take on the gym. Let's do this. I'm nervous but I've gotta BELIEVE in Achrobatic. Achrobatic can do this for me. I believe.

Well, I managed to snag a win. Unfortunately I lost Achrobatic but I'm continuing onwards with my remaining members. :)

Route 4
    Time for a quick 'ol battle with Colress, my namesake. First, we're gonna catch a new mon. Iiit's... Darumaka! Actually pretty exciting, gonna catch it. Gonna name it Goron and give it the EXP Share.

Let us FIGHT, Colress! I shall win. His team isn't that strong, thankfully... I say, as he manages to kill my Masamune. RIP buddy, I should have seen it coming. :( Goron learned Uproar right after... Goron is FURIOUS.

Desert Resort
    First mon here is Sandile, which will be a welcome addition to the crew! Gonna name it Gnaw. I'm a simple man with simple tastes ok. Let's hope this one doesn't turn into another early death, eh? Eh? :'(

In the desert, Attractive was killed by a Magby. Sigh. I CANNOT catch a break with these mons.

Relic Castle
    Final new mon, it's Yamask. I shall name it... Salesman. Get the reference?

Many have fallen this journal, but we shall rise from the ashes once more with our three new promising recruits. Until next time.

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I actually have to agree with you and Cad on this, ORAS is the only main game, or heck even including spin offs too, the only one I never played beyond the start, and I'm actually a massive fan of Hoen, so it's constantly just me saying "yeah I'll go back to that", but SM is just way more engaging for me. I was also super burnt out from XY but it's interesting to hear that someone else struggled to get into it and preferred older versions too. And yeah, I find it weird seeing people prefer BW era stuff because for some reason I find those the hardest in terms of following what's going on.