1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Achromatic's Heavenly OmegaRuby Nuzlocke [On hold]

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    A man once thought dead rises from the ashes to take part in a brand new, scary challenge... the absolute mad man, it's...

Achromatic's Heavenly OmegaRuby Nuzlocke
    He must travel the vast plains, the deep jungles, the scorching lava and of course, the vast sea in order to take part in his next challenge. Will he rise or will he fall straight down to the firey depths of hell? Let's find out.

RULES:
    - If a Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and MUST be boxed, never to be used again.
    - Can only capture the first Pokémon per area. If I fail to catch it, no Pokémon for me.
    - If the first Pokémon I find is a duplicate of one I already have, it won't be counted as my first encounter.
    - Each Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    - Two heals per Pokémon center. One before the gym and one after. No gym? One heal.
    - Healing items are allowed.
    - If I find a shiny, I can catch it no matter what. Though this never happens.
    - Battle Style set to Set.
    - EXP Share Off
    - If all Pokémon faint, it's game over. If I have backups in the box however, I can put them in my team to use until all backups are gone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance, Pixel and JadeFox like this.
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Choosing Our Starter
    So I'm already back at this terrifying song and dance once more, this time in Hoenn! Lemme tell ya, it's been ages since I've beaten OR/AS, so I'm fairly hyped. Let's do this and take all of our knowledge to WIN. Or lose horribly. Who knows!

I'll be choosing Treecko as my starter. It's my favourite and I think it'll do us well. I shall name him Tison! Let's hope he doesn't die really soon in or imma be genuinely upset because I love this mon.

I won't be using the sneak function throughout this run. Only random encounters.

Route 101
    Can't catch anything here. Got my starter here. :(

Route 103
    But here we go! Let's see... it's... Zigzag. Okay. I'm... not excited about it but it's a thing. It shall be called Ziggy and will probably be used as fodder. I'm sorry Ziggy.

It has Pickup which is actually VERY useful. Won't train

Route 102
    New place letsa go! What will we find? It's... Wurmple! How cute. I'll let you join us. Gonna name it Sweet Pea and hopefully evolve it all the way.

Route 104
    A new route, a new mon. First, Sweet Pea evolves into Cascoon! Woo hoo! My pretty shall be fully evolved soon, hopefully. First mon is Wingull. I'm pretty ok with this, gonna name it Pelly after the birb in the post office in Animal Crossing. :D Team is looking pretty average so far but we'll make the most of it!

Petalburg Woods
    This entry is FULL of new captures. Here's another and the final for now before we continue onwards, iiiit's... Taillow! One of my faves. Per tradition, it will be named Birb.

Catch you guys in the next entry which I expect will be a lot more exciting and in-depth than this quick one.

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Good Luck. Hoenn can be a dangerous place

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Petalburg Woods
    What's this??? A Team Magma thug? He must be defeated. I beat him and got the EXP Share, but it's getting turned off. No easy mode for me.

Route 104
    Aaand our first loss. Somehow in a double battle I lost Sweet Pea. It never got a chance to fully evolve. :( How annoying, I need to be paying more attention but I've been watching Doctor Who too... oops.

As we continue onwards, I'll definitely pay more attention. Consider this an early flaw. A sad one at that. :(

Rustboro City
    A new city, a new heal. It's also time for our very first gym battle. Realistically, my starter Tison and Pelly the Wingull stand the best chance at tackling this gym. I think it has the potential to go well but we'll see. Who knows. I totally forgot they've changed up a lot of the gym designs in this game, it's been AGES. This game doesn't have much replay value imo so it's been since like... 2014 since I've fully beat this game.

The battle begins and already, a mon is down. It's Pelly. I didn't expect Pelly to get one-shotted but dang, not off to a great start are we? I expected this game to be a bit easier, so I definitely shouldn't have underestimated it. Tison is gonna have to do this for me.

Well, the battle is over. We lost a mon but oh well. We'll continue onwards and do some extra grinding for good luck.

Route 116
    A new route, a new mon! As I've been saying. It's... Whismur. Oh. Okay. You mean the mon I could have gotten in the tunnels for definite anyways...? G-great... I... subconsciously killed it because I've been grinding. Oops. Oh well, I'll get one in a cave soon anyways. Shrug.

Tison is learning Mega Drain which is pretty sweet. Hopefully it'll evolve soon and it'll be very strong. 8)

Rusturf Tunnel
    It's time to get the mon we deserved, Whismur. I'm gonna name it Reverb.

And here we go, another Team Magma fight. Better get used to seeing these guys because we're gonna be fighting them a lot. AND ALREADY. The Poochyena kills Reverb. Really? It's almost comical how I'm already off to such a bad start. At least I have my Birb and Tison...? Idek.

And then boom. Birb gets killed too. I had no idea how strong the Pooch was... jesus. I'm gonna need some more team mates after this one. At least Ziggy is alive, right guys? R-right?

Oh well. We'll continue onwards and see what we can catch. Gonna spend even more time grinding because I do feel I can actually beat this one!

Dewford Town
    New area, very pretty. I'd actually really like to live in a place like this IRL, it seems so peaceful and quaint. I think I need a rod to catch something new here though, so maybe we'll get a Magikarp. Let's see. Got the Old Rod and it's... Magikarp! Surprise surprise. I'm actually gonna train it this time too, let's see how well it can do us! It shall be named Hydra.

Tison evolves finally! Woo hoo. Let's hope it's a strong presence on my team.

Granite Cave
    Time for a new mon! It's Zubat, as per tradition I'm gonna name it Achrobatic and this time? Actually train it up. Golbat proved it's a strong mon in my last run so we'll try to get that going again with more success this time.

Dewford Town
    It's time to take on the gym. Will we win or be crushed? Let's find out. Made it through the trainers fairly easily but the gym leader will be a toughie. Does Tison have it in him to grab the win?

And well, I basically swept him with Tison. It's ironic how I can do this yet stupidly lose a bunch of my team members. That's my nuzlocke in a nutshell basically!

Route 109
    We're back at it! What can we catch this time...? First and most importantly, I've got some quality grinding to do.

Apparently I can't really catch anything here yet anyways so I give. Might be a decent bit before we can catch something new, but we still have four mons to grind.

Team:

Tison (Grovyle) Lv. 17
    Timid Nature
    - Fury Cutter
    - Mega Drain
    - Absorb
    - Quick Attack

Ziggy (Zigzagoon) Lv. 10
    Rash
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Tail Whip
    - Cut

Hydra (Magikarp) Lv. 10
    Hardy
    - Splash

Achrobatic (Zubat) Lv. 12
    Lax
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic
    - Astonish
    - Bite

Dead:
    Sweet Pea (Cascoon), Pelly (Wingull), Reverb (Whismur), Birb (Taillow)

2/8 Gym Badges

JadeFox likes this.
  5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    No! not Pelly. Wingull is such a decent Pokémon. Well good luck grinding!

6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    ahaha , Pelly and Dr Who :'D I love how honest that distraction is