1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Achromatic's Platinum CryLocke (Nuzlocke)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 18, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Achromatic's Platinum CryLocke (Nuzlocke)
    Ladies and gents. I return to you with another delicious Nuzlocke. It's been some time since my last. A year in fact! But we begin anew. New, harder rules. New challenges. Let's go.

RULES:
    • If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed, never to be used again.
    • The first Pokémon I encounter in a new location/route is the only one I can catch. If this Pokémon has already been caught/obtained, I may not catch it.
    • All Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    • I can only heal in a Pokémon Center once before and once after beating a gym. No Gym? One heal.
    • I can use healing items in battle, but I will be personally limiting myself as much as possible.
    • Battle Style is Set.
    • If I find a shiny, I can catch it no matter what, but not use it unless it's the first I encountered.
    • I'm allowed to sob as much as I want.
    • Challenge begins when I get Poké Balls.
    • If all Pokémon faint, it's game over and I must stop.
    Let's do this! Leave your comments and let's have some fun watching me suffer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pigeon

Pigeon Bug Catcher

Aura
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.0
    Count me in! I don't have the guts to follow such hard rules. Best of luck to you =)

Achromatic likes this.
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Entry 1: The Beginning
    Route 201: Is this cheating? Because I caught a Pokémon here, but it's also where you get your starter. Since your starter is a gift, I'm gonna go with no. If people feel strongly I shouldn't use it though, I'll release it. I'm not too fussed.

Anyways! Starter time. I used a RNG and got myself Chimchar, which is actually a girl! Decided to name her Paprika. On my way back, I caught a little Starly (also a girl named Shimmy. I'm pretty happy with my team so far, though getting too happy with your mons is the quickest way to feel let down. :^)

Lake Verity: It's weird how you can catch mons here, innit? Well, my first encounter was a Starly, soo... nothing can be caught here. Harsh, I know. But dems the rules. No new Pokémon for me. At least I can say that even with the Starly on Route 201, I'd have gotten a Starly anyways. Cool!

It looks like it's time to move onwards, past this games PAINFUL tutorial. It's giving me back pains. Doing a little bit of Grinding for my starter, but it's nothing major. My problem is I never grind. It's so boring.

Paprika got Ember though, so I'm happy! Now, it's time to take our one and only heal at Sandgem before we move on. It feels good! Not the most productive but hey, it works.

Route 202: So my first mon here is a Bidoof. Not a Shinx, sadly, but it's ok. I can tolerate this. It'll make good sacrifice material, ya dig? Thank god it wasn't another Starly. I've decided to name it "Trash" as per tradition in my lockes. I love how it's described as plump.

I hit enter and posted this too fast so... yeah. Another entry soon.

4. Pigeon

Pigeon Bug Catcher

Aura
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.0
    The poor useless bidoofs... I mean, not totally useless as they are great HM slaves, right? hahaha

Achromatic likes this.
  5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Good luck! I love how Bidoof/Bibarel is, like, the ultimate HM slave (IIRC the only HMs it can't learn are Fly - naturally - and Flash); it makes progressing through DPPt much easier, especially in Nuzlockes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  6. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    Good luck on your Nuzlocke! I dumped my Bidoof, Claudia, in my PC as soon as I got something better so I'm sure you will too....assuming Trash survives long enough to be boxed xP

Achromatic likes this.
  7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Entry 2: The Gym
    Jubilife:
    First heal here. This is a really good place to grind in, and around, but also a worry since I used my heal before I started grinding, and there's no gym. Oof. Y'know, I always thought there should have been a gym here. After Oreburg, maybe. That'd have been cool. Either way, Paprika is strong and can handle herself so this shouldn't be too bad.

Route 204: It's time for a brand new mon! This time we're getting ourselves a... Budew! Heck yes. That is very lucky and very very awesome. This'll make a fine addition to my collection. Decided to name it Petunia. Tradition for me and all that. Poison Point is also a very good ability to get.

Also, anyone remember that kid who's dad gave him a Magikarp? He's me. I'm the dad.

Thank god I have an Antidote because Shimmy got poisoned and had like, 4 health left. If things had gone a little differently, Shimmy would be dead. I certainly didn't buy any Antidotes. Now, I'm gonna try and stack Petunia up against Barry's Piplup. Do you think I can handle it?

Route 203: Finally! I got myself a Shinx. I'm really happy about this. I caught it, but it was REALLY close to dying due to poison damage, and Petunia was close to dying too. That was a risky move but it's so worth it. I'm gonna name her... Zap. Because I'm in an uncreative mood. Forgive me. Zap almost died on the way back to getting an Antidote from the store, but thankfully she survived. She'll be a brave warrior. We have a team of 5 already! Whew.

Sadly, in a battle, our dearest friend Shimmy passed away. It was sudden. I didn't see it coming. But it happened. Therefore Shimmy the Starly must be boxed, forever. We shall see you in Valhalla.

Oreburgh Gate: It's time for a new mon. This time we'll be bagging ourselves a... Psyduck! Well, you guys know I love ducks, so I'm happy with that. Besides, type balancing and all that. Now, it shall be named Quackton. It shall do us great justice in the next gym.

Oreburgh City: Here we are! The city of our first gym. We're close to taking it on... but first, we have some business to attend to in the mines. Just got my first heal before the gym, now, let's go!

Oreburgh Mine: We're getting a lot of chances for new mons! I've only got 5 on me currently, since Shimmy died. First mon was Geodude! This one tends to appear in my lockes a lot, so with tradition, I'm naming it Pet Rock. Too bad it's a Modest nature... good lord. Paprika was too. Painful. Aside from bad natures and Shimmy's death, I've been making great progress in terms of levelling and grinding.

Oreburgh City Gym: Now, it's time. Our first gym battle. Can I do it, or will I fail? Well... let's go. Petunia is definitely my MVP here. It just learnt Mega Drain, so it's quite literally a powerful force of nature. Rock dude has no chance.

And, I was so right. Petunia literally one-shot most of his Pokémon. Cranidos was harder, but it still went down. That was almost too easy, and it was great!

Well folks, that's one gym down, and I just got my final heal here. Now we've just got 7 more to go, and it's gonna be tiring but we'll make it. This one's for you, Shimmy.

8. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    RIP Shimmy T_T and here we all thought Trash would be the first to go....hate you lost a good mon already, even though you only had her for a short time, but still a lot of game left so I'm sure you will find plenty of others to take her place.

Keep it up!....but go easy on the pace of the posts >.> I mean really how am I supposed to compete when it takes me like 3 days to post one chapter? xP

#8 May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  9. Pigeon

Pigeon Bug Catcher

Aura
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.0
    GOTTA GO FAST
    Oh no! How could you let birb die!? RIP Shimmy T-T
    All this talk about poisoning is making me crazy! I reeeaaally do hope no one dies because of that.