1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Achromatic's Platinum Redemption Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Achromatic's Platinum Redemption Nuzlocke
    HeartGold killed me. Twice. The rules were too hard. I made dumb mistakes. But I won't be giving up. This time I'm going to tackle Platinum. With more of a chance to grind and some new extra rules, we'll be going into this one soon. I'm determined not to lose after this one because HeartGold just went hilariously embarrassing but we shall see. This is the Platinum Redemption Nuzlocke.

RULES:
    - If a Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and MUST be boxed, never to be used again.
    - Can only capture the first Pokémon per area. If I fail to catch it, no Pokémon for me.
    - If the first Pokémon I find is a duplicate of one I already have, it won't be counted as my first encounter.
    - Each Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    - Two heals per Pokémon center. One before the gym and one after. No gym? One heal.
    - Healing items are allowed.
    - If I find a shiny, I can catch it no matter what. Though this never happens.
    - Battle Style set to Set.
    - If all Pokémon faint, it's game over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Here we go again! Starting off, I've chosen Piplup as my starter. It's cute and has a lonely nature. Not gonna let it die so soon like what happened with Africa the Totodile. PROMISE. MAYBE.

Decided to name it Pringles because it's a cute enough nickname. No reference here. Sorry. :( So, the journey has officially begun and we can start catching stuff, woo! Let's see what we can find.

Route 201
    First route, first mon! What will we find? It's... Bidoof. Surprise surprise! The legend himself. Of course I'm gonna catch it and unlike Trash the Rat from my previous run, I'm actually gonna attempt to use it. Don't underestimate Bidoof...

..use it as a HM slave, that is. Bidoof is described as "Plump" by the PokéDex so that's exactly what I'm gonna be naming it. Again, it's Lonely nature. Why are all of my mons so far Lonely? ;_;

Lake Verity
    Another early location I can use to get a mon! It's... Starly! Not a surprise, but I'm happy about it. I'm gonna name it Birb in tribute of fallen Birbs. It's my favourite bird mon ever so needless to say I'm happy to be using it. :)

This time I actually plan on doing some grass grinding...Unless your Bidoof dies to a crit from another Bidoof whilst you're grinding. To be fair, it was a crit and it's Bidoof. I'm not that upset about losing Bidoof. It's always weird setting up the death box this early but hey, what can ya do? Starly is a much higher level now so I have no worries about it, but I'm gonna continue to make sure it's safe.

Route 202
    New route, new mon. It's Shinx! Gonna name it Zeus after what I usually call myself if I'm a Shinx in PMD. Shinx is a girl so it just makes it even better.

We have a pretty good trio right now so I'm gonna try very hard to keep them all safe and do some extra grinding to make sure we're properly suited to be battling trainers and prepared for crits. B)

Jubilife City
    Got my heal here after beating the trainer school. Now, this guy to the left of the city has given me an Old Rod... I could use to fish up a Magikarp but honestly, I don't want to work on grinding up one of these. It would serve no real useful purpose to me at this stage in the game. I'm gonna avoid catching one for now.

Route 204
    The route right above Jubilife! Could have saved it for later but nah. Let's catch... Budew! As predicted, there isn't much to find around these routes. I'm gonna name it Petunia. Wurmple is around this route too which I found out afterwards, pretty glad I didn't get it tbh. Forgot it was even in this game!

Route 203
    It's rival battle time! Let's be honest - he doesn't stand a chance. I will revel in his defeat. And I did! Sorry Barry, but it's a home run. 8)

My first mon is Abra... and it teleported away. I HATE this mon. Why is it a thing. This is genuinely the bane of Nuzlocke players.

Anyways, that's it for now. I'm gonna take a break, do some grinding and then continue to update on my progress. 8)

[​IMG]
    Pringles Lv. 10
    Lonely Nature, Torrent
    - Pound
    - Growl
    - Bubble

[​IMG]
    Birb Lv. 10
    Hardy Nature, Keen Eye
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack
    - Wing Attack

[​IMG]
    Zeus Lv. 8
    Jolly Nature, Rivalry
    - Tackle
    - Leer

[​IMG]
    Petunia Lv. 8
    Quirky Nature, Natural Cure
    - Absorb
    - Growth
    - Water Sport

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof),

Boxed:
    None

3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Another day, more progress!

Oreburgh Gate
    Low on PP so wanted to get through here without an encounter, but alas. It's Psyduck! I'm happy about this honestly, it could have been Zubat and we don't need another Achrobatic. Gonna name it Scoot after my favourite Animal Crossing duck. Not sure how it's gonna fit into the Nuzlocke in the grand scheme of things but I'm happy to have one at least.

Oreburgh City
    Arrived and instantly used my first heal. I needed that. Big time. I'm finding myself strapped for items this time around...

Route 207
    Could have waited for later to use this encounter, but seeing as the mons here are pretty weak... what's the point? I wouldn't have wanted a level 7 Machop past the second gym and that's just what I found so! Named it Muscles. I'm not in a creative mood today, sorry. :')

Oreburgh Mine
    So many locations around this area! I'm gonna run out of PokéBalls. First mon is Geodude! Naturally I'm gonna be naming it Pet Rock, in tribute to my Geodude in HeartGold. Let's hope this one won't die. I think for the time being I'm gonna put Scoot the Psyduck in the box and bring Geodude onto the team, just for type coverage. Two water types won't be very helpful beyond this point.

Oreburgh City
    It's time for the gym, finally! I'm a bit nervous about it but also confident that I can take a win home. Can't get too cocky though. I'd like to think Petunia has this one in the bag, but I can't be certain. All I know? Absorb is very useful in Nuzlockes. Unfortunately I did forget that Roark was a higher level than me. :X That's a bit of a worry. However! Petunia just learnt Mega Drain, so that is amazing. Budew is a champ.

Stun Spore + Mega Drain meant we had it in the bag. Lost with no damage taken and no mons lost. Very happy about that! Again though, can't get too cocky. Gotta keep my mind in the game.

That's it for now, but more updates coming pretty soon!

[​IMG]
    Pringles Lv. 13
    Lonely Nature, Torrent
    - Pound
    - Growl
    - Bubble
    - Water Sport

[​IMG]
    Birb Lv. 10
    Hardy Nature, Keen Eye
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack
    - Wing Attack

[​IMG]
    Zeus Lv. 10
    Jolly Nature, Rivalry
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Charge

[​IMG]
    Petunia Lv. 14
    - Absorb
    - Growth
    - Water Sport
    - Mega Drain

[​IMG]
    Muscles Lv. 10
    Bold Nature, No Guard
    - Low Kick
    - Leer
    - Focus Energy
    - Karate Chop

[​IMG]
    Pet Rock Lv. 7
    Hardy Nature, Sturdy
    - Tackle
    - Defense Curl
    - Mud Sport

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof),

Boxed:
    Scoot (Psyduck),

JadeFox and Pixel like this.
  4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Jubilife City
    Back here, time to fight Team Galactic! Let me tell you: Screech is terrifying. They almost just killed Zeus. Managed to take them out thankfully, but that was a close one. Also, Pet Rock won me an Ultra Ball at the lottery place! Nice. 8)

Ravaged Path
    So this place exists, apparently. A new mon for me! It's Zubat. Yay...? Gonna name it Achrobatic again because why not. It shall be boxed for potentially a long time. ;D

Floarma Town
    New town, new heal. I'm scared about the Team Galactic stuff coming up tbh... it's not gonna be fun. Gonna truck on though!

Valley Windworks
    Another chance to get another mon! I could wait for Drifloon but nah. I don't even really want one. There's some interesting stuff get in this route anyways! It's Buizel. One for the box, for now. Gonna name it Sneeze. It's just the first thought that came to mind after imagining this thing getting a cold from under the water.

Now I've gotta do some serious grinding. The Team Galactic boss will murder me if I'm not very careful about this. Muscles seems like my best bet.

Inside the Windworks it's time for our first evolution! Birb has evolved into a beautiful Staravia which should hopefully give us the extra edge we need. Still got a bit more grinding left to do though. I believe I'm about ready to take on the Galactic Commander, Mars. Whew. I'm nervous.

Well, I'm glad to say that Purugly didn't stand a chance against Muscles the Machop. It utterly got destroyed and we lost 0 team members. I'm shocked I'm doing this well so far! It's probably setting me up for a crippling defeat later on. Either way, I thought for sure that battle was gonna be a rough one.

With limited Pokémon Center heals, I'm still in a tough position. My PP is running fairly low but soon I should be getting healed by an NPC so I'm looking forward to that!

Route 205
    First mon here is Shellos! Since it's a shell, I'm gonna name it Cowrie after a very pretty shell. Very annoyingly though, it killed Pet Rock with an unexpected Water Pulse. :') I can't say I'm devastated because Pet Rock was underleveled and not really trained yet but it still sorta sucks. Oh well.

Second evolution is here! Pringles the Piplup has evolve into Prinplup. Woo hoo! Will post my team next time because I'm lazy.

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof), Pet Rock (Geodude),

Boxed:
    Scoot (Psyduck), Achrobatic (Zubat), Sneeze (Buizel), Cowrie (Shellos),

Pixel likes this.
  5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    It's never fun to lose a Pokémon no matter how new. I remember Mars being among the hardest of the admins to defeat, but Floroma is a fun little town.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Route 205
    Next evolution is here, it's Zeus to Luxio! I had totally forgotten that it evolves so early on. Seeing a trainer with a Piplup is really weird btw. It's cool to see other trainers with starters too but if they're supposed to be super duper rare I don't really get it.

A lady in a random house gave me a heal which is pretty cool. Still gotta put Pet Rock back in the dead box though. I don't really want to replace Geodude yet, ngl. There's nothing in my box that strikes me as being helpful to my journey, and if I waste too my EXP on it, it'll mean less for the rest of my team. If I find something soon that can fit in nicely in terms of typing, I'll get it in.

Eterna Forest
    Woo hoo! The area of many heals. Since Cheryl isn't a Pokémon Center (as far as I can tell) I'll be using her free heals in this forest, though if anything dies and gets revived obviously it won't be used because it's dead. Let's hoping nothing dies though. This also means I actually have a CHOICE of what I can get as a first mon, sort of.

Jk... the first two mons that appeared (since it's a double battle) were both Wurmple. So I just get to choose the gender. :') I might try to work this guy onto the team for now, actually. Bug typing can be pretty useful. Caught the male one and decided to name it Birb Food, once again in tribute. Suddenly I remember Buneary is in this place and :|||

I'm not huge on all the double battles in here but it'll be some experience at least...? Pachirisu is really annoying btw. Never want to see another in my run again. UNFORTUNATELY a Beautifly killed my little Wurmple which is really sad. For some reason the 6th member of my team just can't catch a break. I wasn't sure Wurmple would last on the team anyways but it's annoying to essentially have a wasted encounter. Oh well. :\

Wurmple is temporarily brought back to life just because of how Cheryl works, but I assure you it won't be used under ANY circumstances.

Eterna City
    New city, new challenges. Two hard boss fights. One Togepi later on. A Bike. SO MUCH STUFF. Of course, there is a route to the right of Eterna I can use to get a new mon AND the 'ol Chateau place too. Let's do some grinding around this place then see about taking on Gardenia. No heal yet, Cheryl had me covered.

I could do the Underground stuff and get a fossil to revive in Oreburgh, which I haven't caught anything in. I think I'm gonna give it a shot, but only the FIRST fossil I find. I'm not too eager to spend a ton of time in the underground tbh, even though usually I would.

Skull Fossil is the one I found, which I believe will become Cranidos. I'll keep it in my items until I can get back to Oreburgh. No more mining for me!

Route 211
    Weird area to the right of Eterna. Gonna catch something new here! It's a Meditite which I'm pretty ok with. I miiight use it but I dunno, I'm kinda banking upon getting a ghost mon to use at the Chateau instead. Gonna name it Stronk and box it for now.

I believe Mt. Coronet is right next to this place, but I'm gonna skip out on it for now. The more areas I've got for later the better, because you never know when someone is gonna come along and kill your whole team. :')

Eterna City
    Somehow I have enough mons seen to get an EXP share which is pretty cool. I'm gonna put it on Budew for now so it can catch up in levels and HOPEFULLY evolve soon.

Just took my pre-gym heal. Now it's gym time! Let's do this. This gym has a really weird "puzzle". I dunno if I like it or not but it's memorable to me at least! :)

After some poisonous pre-gym battles, it's time for the leader. A little bit nervous. Not hugely though.

WELL. I almost got my ass handed to me by thankfully Birb had it in the bag. Shocking how much damage grass types can do to a flying type though. That's nervewracking. Oh well, another win is in the bag and we should be able to get ourselves a ghost very soon...! Then, the dreaded Galactic Commander fight which I absolutely loathe and am very nervous for. Not gonna be fun.

Old Chateau
    First mon here is Gastly. Pretty much exactly what I wanted, so I won't complain. Gonna name it Spooper, just because it sounds cute and Gastly is pretty cute.

Galactic Eterna HQ
    Here we are. Not exactly excited for this place tbh, it could really do a number on me if I'm not VERY careful. Eck. They keep calling me a kid... I wonder how old my character actually is. Maybe 10?? 11 like they tell you 1000 times in Sun & Moon???

Also TIL Budew evolves with friendship. This is news to me, I could have sworn it evolved at level 18. ALSO. Team Galactic really do have stupid haircuts. It's additionally really weird to just see regular scientists in Galactic, not dressed up like the rest of the clowns. Huh.

A Kadabra and the X Special it used almost did Birb in, but I managed to clutch it with a quick attack. Woo! Success! So far!

It's time for the big bad boss fight. I am not looking forward to this. This commander has done me in tons of times in regular go throughs... and that's with revives. Now? I've just gotta do my best. I do feel my team is ready but who knows what will happen. We may be seeing our first substantial losses.

The only thing I can think to do here is use Birb's Intimidate to lower her attack, but unfortunately she has a crit heavy move on her side. ;_; I am NERVOUS.

OK NVM. Somehow Birb totally swept her, and we just won with no losses. I genuinely am in shock right now. I don't even understand how I just won that, but it seems like the loss of HeartGold has taught me a thing or two. Wow. Just wow.

Eterna City
    Just got my after gym heal. I'm still in shock after that previous battle, just wow. But I'm pleased and ready to keep progressing. I'm gonna get the Togepi egg as my encounter for Eterna, but I don't plan on using it just yet, or even hatching it yet.

Anyways, that's it for this entry. More coming soon.

[​IMG]
    Pringles Lv. 22
    Lonely Nature, Torrent
    - Pound
    - Peck
    - Bubblebeam
    - Metal Claw

[​IMG]
    Birb Lv. 20
    Hardy Nature, Keen Eye
    - Tackle
    - Pluck
    - Quick Attack
    - Wing Attack

[​IMG]
    Zeus Lv. 17
    Jolly Nature, Rivalry
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Charge
    - Spark

[​IMG]
    Petunia Lv. 20
    - Absorb
    - Stun Spore
    - Cut
    - Mega Drain

[​IMG]
    Muscles Lv. 17
    Bold Nature, No Guard
    - Low Kick
    - Rock Tomb
    - Focus Energy
    - Karate Chop

[​IMG]
    Spooper Lv. 18
    Jolly Nature, Levitate
    - Spite
    - Mean Look
    - Curse
    - Night Shade

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof), Pet Rock (Geodude), Birb Food (Wurmple)

Boxed:
    Scoot (Psyduck), Achrobatic (Zubat), Sneeze (Buizel), Cowrie (Shellos), Stronk (Meditite), Egg (Togepi)

2/8 Badges

Pixel and JadeFox like this.
  7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It also only evolves during the day, so RIP if you're playing between the hours of 8 PM and 4 AM

Use that Soothe Bell that Cheryl gave you to help, tho ;)

Also, Gastly is the only Pokémon that appears in the Old Chateau, so you had a 0% chance of stuffing that up~

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Route 206
    Where da bikes are. Lots of grinding to do. Zeus finally gets Bite which is going to be VERY useful against the next gym, another very scary location that I fear immensely.

AND BOOM. Just like that, Muscles was killed in cold blood. :'( RIP Machop. You hardly stood a chance against that Ponyta's Flame Wheel. Remind me next time just to use Pringles against fire types. Sigh. I guess I'm gonna have to replace Muscles with the Fossil, but yeah. That's our first PROPER death, as in someone we trained up a lot and had on the team for a while. It's a shame, and ironically close to the route where I first found it. :'( RIP Muscles.

There are MANY Ponyta on this route. I'm not taking a chance with any of them. Screw Ponyta.

First mon on this route is... M8. ARE YOU SERIOUS. It's Ponyta. The literal murderer. I don't know how to feel about this. I think... I'm actually gonna use it. I have no fire types. This guy will come in very handy. Dang. Who would have thought? Gonna name it Satan. It's appropriate. This whole entry has been an emotional rollercoaster and it just begun!

Oreburgh City
    Revived Cranidos. Gonna name it headache, since it's apt. Not gonna be using it juuust yet, but if anyone else dies I assure you this guy will be joining my team. For now type coverage is necessary and I feel Ponyta brings that better than Crandidos at this given moment. It's really nice to have backups in the PC anyways.

Also, Satan the Ponyta was holding a berry! Nice.

Wayward Cave
    This is a very fun little area, right above Route 206. I don't know if there's anything new to catch here but I do know you can get Earthquake here which I really want.

Okay, there is a new mon here, Onix. Gonna name it Snek. In the box it goes! Aaand Earthquake TM secured. Very nice. Gonna save it for later, might need it during dire times.

Gligar genuinely looks like a shiny this game btw, it's so weird. Almost had me shocked.

Aaand on the route near Mt. Coronet, Spooper just died to a crit Flame Wheel. ;_; It's not my lucky entry. Two decent team members killed. Suffering is absolutely real today. I guess Cranidos gets a chance to join after all...?

Mt. Coronet
    Cranidos has joined us and we can get a new mon. It's... Chingling. Huh. Forgot that was here, don't really want it but I'll accept it. It's alright. I caught it and named it Bing because it's useless.

Route 208
    Even more encounters! This time it's... Ralts! I'm really really happy about this and actually forgot it was here. I'm really tempted to use it opposed to Cranidos, just because of the sheer amount of coverage it gets... y'know what, I think I will. Welcome to the team, Wallete!

Hearthome City
    Gonna grab my first heal. It probably won't be long before I fight Fantina. I just don't know whether I'm ready or not.

I can also get another mon here! It's Eevee. I'm glad to have it but I don't think I'm gonna use it yet. It'll be nice a backup though. :) Eevee shall be named... Strawberry. Just because I'm out of ideas and it sounds nice. Corny, but it works.

It's Fantina time. Can we do it? Let's find out!

Unfortunately, first mon down. It's Zeus. :( This is a bummer. Shadow Ball just did far too much and despite being about equal to it in terms of level, I didn't stand a chance. I believe Birb might be my best shot at winning this, since it resists Magical Leaf and can't be hit by ghost moves... until I learnt it has Psybeam + Confusion which just killed Birb. ;_; This match so far has been pretty depressing. I don't even know where to begin with this match. I'll be surprised it doesn't do me in.

Boom, Wallete goes down too. Had to use it. Pringles might be my best bet at winning but I'm not confident.

Well, I did it. With Pringles I managed to take Mismagius down, but it did a huge number on my team. Satan and Petunia could have EASILY been lost too, but I didn't allow it. Either way, that's three team members down.

We shall rebuild. We will come back from this gym STRONGER THAN EVER. Meanwhile I'm gonna go cry about losing one exciting new member and two crucial oldies that we've had since the start. ;_;

[​IMG]
    Pringles Lv. 24
    Lonely Nature, Torrent
    - Pound
    - Peck
    - Bubblebeam
    - Metal Claw

[​IMG]
    Petunia Lv. 23
    - Absorb
    - Stun Spore
    - Cut
    - Mega Drain

[​IMG]
    Satan Lv. 21
    Impish Nature, Run Away
    - Tackle
    - Stomp
    - Ember
    - Flame Wheel

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof), Pet Rock (Geodude), Birb Food (Wurmple), Muscles (Geodude), Spooper (Gastly), Wallete (Ralts), Zeus (Luxio), Birb (Staravia)

Boxed:
    Scoot (Psyduck), Achrobatic (Zubat), Sneeze (Buizel), Cowrie (Shellos), Stronk (Meditite), Egg (Togepi), Snek (Onix), Bing (Chingling), Headache (Cranidos), Strawberry (Eevee)

3/8 Badges

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    I wouldn't count Chingling out just yet. You've got a Fighting-type Gym coming up ;)

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    VS Barry
    Time for a hopefully quick fight with Barry before I progress onwards. My team has been updated, but most of them aren't fit for extreme combat yet. We have Cranidos, Eevee and Meditite now on board. Medi (Stronk) has the EXP Share.

Aand he went down like a charm. No problems there. I'm surprised considering he was actually a decent level. Bad AI I guess.

Just a tiny update for now, was gonna be longer but I'm kinda done playing for today. Hoping to make a lot of progress soon. :)

Pixel likes this.
  11. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    What a rough entry, So much potential lost. Good luck with rebuilding and hopefully things can continue moving up.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Route 209
    Failed my capture here, unfortunately. Doin' some grinding when suddenly a trainers Buneary throws out a JUMP KICK on my Eevee. :'( RIP Eevee. I wasn't sure how to fit you into the team anyways but still, what a shame. Ain't gonna be happening again this entry.

Solaceon Town
    Got my heal here and boxed Eevee. We hardly knew ye. Not gonna replace it yet because there are multiple new locations I can make use of. Bit worrying when the dead box is bigger than my backup box though.

Lost Tower
    I think it's fair to count this as a new location given it has a totally new set of mons and a different map. Unfortunately, all the wild mons I'm finding here are duplicates. My Gastly is dead however but I've still caught one before so I'm gonna keep the dupes clause on for sheer sake of variety.

Also the fog stuff is really annoying. <_<

Petunia still hasn't evolved... wish it wouldn't take this long. :') Well, finished grinding here but haven't found anything new to catch so I give up.

Solaceon Ruins
    Pretty sure there's only one thing I can catch here. It's... Unown. Gonna name it ??? and put it in the box, probably forever.

Route 210
    This is gonna be a LONG route. I've stocked up and can get a new encounter here. It's... Scyther??? Holy. Shit. I'm literally in shock but this is AWESOME. I can't let this guy die. It shall be named Pilot.

Pilot works great with Headache who has Earthquake. It's a beautiful combo. The amount of paralysis seems to be super high in this game btw, I've had to stock up heftily on para heals. It's crazy. Anyone else notice this?

Route 215
    Quite the skip, eh? I wonder why this jump is a thing... in terms of Nuzlockes it gets a bit confusing but yeah, this is the right path you're supposed to be on. Shrug. First mon is Marill! I'm pretty ok with this one. Gonna name it Pikablu.

Almost done, but the final battle of this route is realllly tricky. I don't enjoy it. :') Gonna make sure I'm as prepared as possible though, I know this game too well by now.

Alas, I went through most of the battle fine but we lost Cranidos to a Buizel's Aqua Jet. Didn't see that one coming. :( It sucks. He was a bit lower leveled compared to the others but still a good team member. May it rest in peace.

Veilstone City
    We're finally here. Gonna take my first heal, then we have a lot of preparing to do for the next gym. I have plenty of mons that can deal some good damage to the gym but it's still nervewracking. I don't want a repeat of last time. :'( Already lost some good mons these past few entries.

We can get a new mon here too! It's the gift mon, Porygon! Gonna name it N64 and add it to the team. It won't be used against the gym because it's a normal type but it will be very useful later down the line I feel. Let's protect it.

FINALLY after so long, Petunia evolves into Roselia. It's about dang time.

...A lady in the game corner just gave me Explosion and told me to use it. It's a Nuzlocke. WHAT. HOW DARE. Anyways, it's gym time.

Okay, so I managed to beat her with no losses somehow. Pilot was pretty much my MVP for that gym, I have no idea how it's so strong but it's clear to me I've gotta look after it. Another gym down! Lots of grinding to do before the next.

[​IMG]
    Pringles Lv. 25
    Lonely Nature, Torrent
    - Shadow Claw
    - Peck
    - Bubblebeam
    - Metal Claw

[​IMG]
    Petunia Lv. 26
    - Absorb
    - Stun Spore
    - Cut
    - Mega Drain

[​IMG]
    Satan Lv. 25
    Impish Nature, Run Away
    - Tackle
    - Stomp
    - Ember
    - Flame Wheel

[​IMG]
    Stronk Lv. 25
    Brave Nature, Pure Power
    - Grass Knot
    - Confusion
    - Rock Smash
    - Focus Blast

[​IMG]
    Pilot Lv. 26
    Hasty Nature, Technician
    - Wing Attack
    - Pursuit
    - Fury Cutter
    - Agility

[​IMG]
    N64 Lv. 25
    Hardy Nature, Trace
    - Psybeam
    - Agility
    - Recover
    - Magnet Rise

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof), Pet Rock (Geodude), Birb Food (Wurmple), Muscles (Machop), Spooper (Gastly), Wallete (Ralts), Zeus (Luxio), Birb (Staravia), Strawberry (Eevee), Headache (Cranidos),

Boxed:
    Scoot (Psyduck), Achrobatic (Zubat), Sneeze (Buizel), Cowrie (Shellos), Egg (Togepi), Snek (Onix), Bing (Chingling), ??? (Unown), Pikablu (Marill),

4/8 Badges

JadeFox likes this.
  13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    You're doing great so far! I hope you're able to win this nuzlocke, and EEVEE SHALL BE AVENGED XD

And Explosion. Like that's ever gonna be used.

Its a good thing Petunia evolved this time around. It should be especially helpful for the next Gym!

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Route 214
    The grinding on this route is gonna take a while but it's extremely necessary if I want to beat the next gym. Wish me luck because it's gonna be a tough one. :')

First mon here is... Graveler? That's an odd one. I've had Geodude obviously but never Graveler so it doesn't count as a dupe. Gonna catch it!

Or not. The thing had Rollout and would have swept me if I didn't either kill it or run, so I chose to run. No mon this route. :(

NOOOO. I was grinding when suddenly a Graveler used Selfdestruct on me. I had been grinding for hours and hadn't seen a single one use it so far. It used it and killed Petunia. After all that work to get it to evolve and after all the time it's spent on our team... wasted. :'( RIP Petunia. We hardly deserved ye. Out of the originals, only Pringles remains. I can't let Pringles die.

THEN BOOM. MORE. BAD. LUCK. Goldeen uses A ONE HIT KO MOVE ON PILOT AND IT HITS. WHY. WHY ME. ;_;

And then. Out of no where. It hits Pringles with the same move. It doesn't miss. Pringles is also dead. I have no idea how this is even possible but it sucks so bad. I just said about not losing Pringles and what happens... three team members killed on one route, two killed by the same STUPID GOLDEEN THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE HIT A ONE HIT KO MOVE THAT MANY TIMES. AAAA

I don't even know what to say. I've lost three team members, two original team members and one very good new team member. This really, really sucks. I am absolutely determined not to lose the Nuzlocke now. Once more I will rebuild. I have no other choice.

Gonna cut the entry short here but I assure you, I will come back ONCE MORE with a rebuilt team, stronger than ever and next entry we will face and beat Crasher Wake.

RIP
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    OH CRAP-

There they go. Now we must have the funeral service. That really sucks, but I hope you're able to somehow make a comeback from this. Keeping the optimism is the way to go, and that YOU WILL SUCCEED!

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Valor Lakefront
    First mon here is uh... Bibarel. I'm not very stoked about this tbh but it could be useful fodder later on. Gonna box it for now to save room and experience for the rest of my team... until again, he started using Rollout. Too many rollouts would kill a valuable mon on my team, so I ran. It's genuinely not worth the risk. There's plenty of more areas coming up, don't worry. 8)

Fwiw, Snek the Onix has joined and so has Cowrie the Shellos. Realistically I only expect Cowrie to stick on the team, Snek is just there as fodder for now.

Route 213
    A new route, a new chance to get a Pokémon. What will it be this time??? It's Chatot! I'm very excited about this. UNTIL this crazy thing used Chatter, killing my Meditite in one hit. Wow. I don't even know where to begin or how to process what just happened but it really hasn't been my lucky day. One hit is all it took for this thing to utterly murder my Meditite which I had been training. ;_; Ok then.

However, I did catch it and I will use it. A new flying type is exactly what I needed and I think I can turn this guy into a bit of a beast. Welcome... Bowie. (it's a girl but whatevs)

Pastoria City
    Not gonna heal yet. Just gonna say I've got a LOT of grinding and preparing to do before I can fight Crasher Wake. I will 100% lose to him if I take him or even Barry on with this current team. I know what I must do, and that's grind like crazy. First, there's a few more encounters I can get.

Great Marsh
    This place will be tricky and could very easily result in a fail. It's... Yanma. Okay. If I catch this, I will be VERY stoked. This would also be a welcome addition to my team. I caught it! Gonna name it Aztec. It's also a Timid Nature which is amazing.

Route 212
    Another area. Another mon. It's Croagunk! Another very welcome addition. The only problem is most of these mons are around level 25 so it's hard to train them and my team is falling behind in levels a bit. Still, I can't complain about getting good new mons. Imma name it Slippy.

And boom, just like that. Luxio got off a Spark on my Yanma, killing it. That mistake was totally on me tbh, and how disappointing. I just didn't really know who to switch into at that rate without losing someone so :'( I have taken so many beatings. I dunno how I can even proceed if EVERYTHING is killing my mons. Endless grinding in the grass isn't fun.

And then boom again. N64 gets confused. It gets a crit on it. Then it hurts itself in confusion. :'( Today really has not been my day in Nuzlockes, a lot of mistakes but also plenty of instances where the AI got flat out very lucky.

Then he kills Slippy too, a mon I literally JUST got. Then Ponyta with Swagger confusion. I barely managed to kill this Luxio with Bowie the Chatot, but he took out like my whole team, and members I couldn't afford to lose. I'm really demotivated about this, it just sucks. I'd love to do an update where it's just pure success like it has been in the past but alas, it's just not happening.

My only options now realistically are to grind Chatot like crazy in the grass whilst also leveling up Shellos with the EXP share, then additionally bring on some of the boxed mons I have, though many of them are incredibly weak and will just make this whole process draining and unfun. I don't want to lose since I've gotten pretty far but I'd be lying if I didn't say this whole thing has become prettttty grindy and not really returning the results I'd like to see. Sigh. :(

Will update again tomorrow with hopefully a properly new, revamped team that are in the level 30s.

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof), Pet Rock (Geodude), Birb Food (Wurmple), Muscles (Machop), Spooper (Gastly), Wallete (Ralts), Zeus (Luxio), Birb (Staravia), Strawberry (Eevee), Headache (Cranidos), Pringles (Prinplup), Petunia (Roselia), Pilot (Scyther), Satan (Ponyta), Stronk (Meditite), N64 (Porygon), Aztec (Yanma), Slippy (Croagunk)

Boxed:
    Scoot (Psyduck), Achrobatic (Zubat), Sneeze (Buizel), Egg (Togepi), Snek (Onix), Bing (Chingling), ??? (Unown), Pikablu (Marill),

4/8 Badges

17. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Rough couple of entries here. So many Pokémon lost. Hopefully you can rally your Pokémon and come back from this. Good Luck.

18. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Yikes, that's a barbaric couple of entries. Lots of ups and downs; to be expected of Nuzlocke challenges. I've personally never tried a dedicated nuzlocke, but I think I might hold one soon. And yikes, what a rip for the near TPK. I know the harrowing struggle of TPKs all to well. No fun at all.

I wish you luck, Achromatic. I think I'll actually post a topic about this in the future.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    RIP your entire team, I feel so bad reading :( BUT I do have good news about the encounter for Lost Tower - If you go to the higher floors, Golbat start to appear more frequently, and Duskull has a 20% chance of appearing on every floor at night!

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    So, what's next?
    Things have become real dire, therefore I'm going to update the definition for one of my rules:

If all Pokémon faint, it's game over.

This is a standard rule, however some people use it a bit differently. Rather than losing when my party blacks out, I'm going to have it so that as long as I've got mons alive in the box (in my backup box) I can continue. This won't make things easier for me by much, but it'll at least mean I can continue playing if I do black out. Well, until I run out of backups. If all my backups die, then it's game over.

That being said, it's still going to be a long tough road to beat the game and I'll have to do a ton of grinding. Here's vaguely what you missed during my day or so of grinding. Spoiler alert: It ain't pretty.

What you missed...
    The following mons died during hard, endless grinding sessions (RIP): Cowrie (Shellos), Snek (Onix), Bowie (Chatot), Toast (Togepi), Bing (Chingling), Achrobatic (Zubat), Crackerbox (Pichu), Scoot (Psyduck)

Which is a LOT. However, three champions remained. Pikablu (Marill), ??? (Unown) and Sneeze (Buizel) were all grinded up to the low and late thirties. A new champion from Lost Tower where we didn't get an encounter before has also joined us, Dracula (Golbat). With these four champions we shall take on our rival Barry and the gym. Let's do this.

Vs Barry (Pastoria City)
    Let's-a-go. You're TOAST Barry.

We're off to a pretty bad start, surprise surprise. Barry gets a crit against Marill, who was locked into Roll Out. Marill DIES. Seriously? What is with my luck? How does this keep happening? It annoys me that I can't go one entry without losing a mon that I worked hard to train. Same just happened with Unown too, though I don't exactly feel bummed out about losing Unown.

We won, but only Dracula and Sneeze remain. Dracula is gonna have to be my mvp for this gym, which I think it can pull off since it's such a high level compared to the rest.

Pastoria Gym
    Dracula FINALLY evolves into Crobat which I am so happy about. I think I might finally have a chance at actually winning now, which is exciting. I cannot let this guy die no matter what.

It's time. Can I do it? Gyarados down, wasn't too bad but still had to use a Hyper Potion to stay in the game. Floatzel is pretty scary, but it's also down! Ice Fang almost had me. Yikes.

And Wake is down! Somehow I did it. Whew, that was nerve-wracking. At the end, Sneeze evolves too! Woo hoo! These two guys need to be kept alive because we've got some harsh battles ahead. I really need to keep building my team.

Route 210
    Unfortunately, no new mons on this HUGE new route. I've gotta make my way through here to Celestic to get something new.

...and then it happens. A Luxio's crit Thunderbolt on Dracula. One hit kill. :( This sucks so bad. I could never have seen it coming but there you go, another crucial team member killed like it's nothing. All that remains is Floatzel who is a lower level than Dracula. Sigh. :'(

If I can escape this route, I might have a chance at winning, but at this rate it seems unlikely.

Celestic Town
    We made it... even though I feel fairly hopeless now, I can finally get new mons for my team. FINALLY. Gonna fish up on a mon here... it's... Magikarp. Alright, I'll take it. If I can evolve this guy, it could be decent. My type coverage is awful right now unfortunately but what can ya do.

It shall be named Savior.

Unfortunately, there are no other mons I can get around these areas. I'll have to face Cyrus alone.

VS Cyrus
    Well guys, I'm gonna do it. Unless I want to spend hours more grinding in the grass which is incredibly boring, I have no other choice but to face Cyrus. I'm gonna lose, but at least I can go out with a bang. Let's do this.

WHAAAAAT. WHAT. I ACTUALLY BEAT HIM. WITH FLOATZEL ALONE. LEVEL 37. HOW. I DON'T EVEN KNOW RIGHT NOW BUT THIS IS WHY IT'S CALLED THE REDEMPTION NUZLOCKE LADS

ok brb new entry coming soon, I need time to process all this.

Dead:
    Plump (Bidoof), Pet Rock (Geodude), Birb Food (Wurmple), Muscles (Machop), Spooper (Gastly), Wallete (Ralts), Zeus (Luxio), Birb (Staravia), Strawberry (Eevee), Headache (Cranidos), Pringles (Prinplup), Petunia (Roselia), Pilot (Scyther), Satan (Ponyta), Stronk (Meditite), N64 (Porygon), Aztec (Yanma), Slippy (Croagunk), Cowrie (Shellos), Snek (Onix), Bowie (Chatot), Toast (Togepi), Bing (Chingling), Achrobatic (Zubat), Crackerbox (Pichu), Scoot (Psyduck), Pikablu (Marill), ??? (Unown), Dracula (Crobat)

Boxed:
    No one :(

5/8 Badges