1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga Akihabara Corner 2.0 - For Anime & Manga chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    [​IMG]
    (2.0)*
    Hey fellow anime and manga enthusiasts! Welcome to Akihabara Corner for all your anime and manga chatting needs! Here you can make some friends while talking about anything Anime/Manga-related!​

Before you begin, here's a little set of rules so everyone can get along! (Remember to follow the rules of the forum as well!)

â—‡ Posting less than three words is prohibited!
    Your post must be at least three words to cut down on spam.

â—‡ Respecting is the best thing!
    Please respect other members to keep this thread fun for everyone. Don't hate if something's not your style.

â—‡ Stick with the topic!
    Please try to stay on-topic so the discussion doesn't go out of the world of anime/manga. If you want to talk about something else, head over to the other chatting threads! (The Union Room and The Lunch Table)

That's about it! Let's have fun and release our inner otakus!

*The Akihabara Corner has returned with all the glory of post count and Pokepoint increment!
    It was also shamelessly copied and pasted from the original.

2. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Welp I guess I'll start things off lol

Has anyone heard of the anime called "New Game!"? I've been watching a couple of episodes so far due to Sanc suggesting it and my goodness is it amazing! The characters are all so cute and hilarious. They all have little qualities about themselves that are so easy to relate to. The art style is also absolutely incredible as well and I love how the series is progressing with each episode so far. I just about finished episode 8 and am looking forward to finishing it soon once the last few episodes are released. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sanctuary likes this.
  3. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Heard about it from Sanc a couple times. I might check out the manga when I catch up with Re:Zero, DAYS, etc. Cute girls are always good >_>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sanctuary likes this.
  4. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Yessssssssss. New Game! is so good. <3 The manga and the anime are just as good as the other, I'd recommend reading/watching both.
    The plus-side to the anime is that everything is beauuuutifully in color, the voice actors (all very fitting), and the smoothness of the animation, but the manga is just as fun
    If I wasn't so in love with Rem, Aoba would be my #1 girl for the season.

I'm so behind on anime and I have a bunch of unfinished ones I need to finish, but I can't help myself and keep starting new anime before finishing ones I was already watching...
    Still need to finish Sword Art Online, Welcome to the NHK, Litter Busters! Refrain, Anne Happy, Sakamoto Desu Ga?, and ReLIFE (but I need to read more of the manga before I continue that), and a few others.
    But regardless of that, I started a brand new anime yesterday. It's nothing special, but it's very calming and good for sitting back and relaxing. It's an anime that's currently airing named "Amanchu!". It's an anime about diving, which I really have no interest in, but I've seen one of the main characters around the internet a few times and decided to take a look. At first, I wasn't very into it, but I found myself enjoying it by the end of the first episode. Not something you'd binge watch, but something you would watch in bed when you're not in the mood for anything too serious.

5. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Amanchu looked cool but honestly I completely forgot about it until like two weeks ago. Diving is certainly a unique thing to base an anime around but nearly every sport out there has its own anime/manga now. Doesn't seem too exciting though...
    I've basically been attempting to catch up to the pile of anime I'm watching according to MAL. Caught up with DAYS now and 91 Days almost, which are the only new series I've picked up this season that I'm actively following. 91 Days' protagonist is super handsome and crazy but it's difficult for me to really follow the story since there's so many relations between the characters and organizations. DAYS is quite ridiculous and gay but that's fine, something relaxing to watch on the side.
    New Game, Orange, SnS S2 and Fukigen na Monokean are all series I've only watched like one or two episodes of but since it probably won't be very much trouble to keep up the upcoming Fall season I'll try to finish those in time as well.
    Other than that I want to give shoutouts to the Prison School manga for being gripping, crazy and beautiful and disgusting at the same. It's extremely unique and it's hard to stop reading once you've started (I read through all the 220 at the time in one 8 hour long sitting) but it's definitely not for everyone, especially if you hate fanservice. That said, if you don't mind that, you should totally check it out for yourself >_>

Sanctuary likes this.
  6. Empty

Empty Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽8.3
    I watched Prison School a while ago. I dont remember much except the fanservice and one scene I lol'd so hard at (shower scene). Currently on a hiatus with anime but keeping up with One Piece every now and then. I got into manga though. Currently reading a lot of webtoons and got my eye out for more. I enjoy reading/watching multiple chapters/episodes at once instead of waiting for an update. Reading City of Dead Sorcerer and waiting on Mujang, Bastard, ReLIFE, and Noblesse. Also reading a bunch of mature webtoons, that are very funny, along with the comments on a site, but they're not good for my heart (emotionally) :'c Too much cheating.

Sanctuary likes this.
  7. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Yeah, Amanchu is nice but it's nothing super interesting. Still, I like watching it for some reason.
    91 Days is one of my favorite of the season for sure. I was pretty confused myself about all the family relations and such, but the recap episode (ep 7.5) cleared up all the things I was confused about, so I'd recommend watching it.

I'm also a bit behind on the anime I'm currently watching this season, but I try to catch up with most of them whenever possible. I've been putting off DAYS since it's 24 episodes, so I'll pick it up again once the season ends I think, maybe a bit earlier. And then I think I'm just gonna drop Servamp, haven't had much interest in it anymore. It was interesting but not something that made me wanna watch each week. But maybe I'll give it 1 more episode a go and make my decision from there.

I still need to read the Prison School manga and continue the anime. That will happen someday, eventually. I'll probably read the manga before continuing the anime since I'm already watching too many things at once.

I've only seen 1 episode of Prison School, but it was great. As mentioned above, I'll continue it eventually for sure.
    Webtoons are awesome, I've grown to really love them. I've been reading more webtoons than manga lately. And hey, if you're looking for good webtoons, I'd recommend Zero Game, cuz the characters are just so damn beautiful, and the story itself is nice too.
    Btw, is one of the mature webtoons you're reading end in "Go" (the name)? Cuz if so, I agree with you, too much cheating. >_> Still pretty enjoyable though, can't lie.

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'm watching Smile Precure! rn and I love it! It's teaching me so many lessons over again that I'd forgotten and actually inspiring me to do shit.

9. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    This anime season is actually pretty good, just like last year's Fall season. Better than last season for sure. A lot of the shows I enjoyed a lot are getting 2nd/3rd seasons (Haikyuu!!, Ajin, Bungou Stray Dogs) and they're all soooooo good so far, and I know they'll only be getting better. :D

10. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Anyone else really like Angel Beats? I finished rewatching it, and OMG the FEELS!

11. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I love angel beats. The sub felt odd to me, so I only have dub watched to this point.
    Tachibana Kanade best girl <3

12. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    omg yes I love her <3

13. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I just finished Season One of Boku No Hero Acedemia. Now gonna watch Rage Of Bahamut!

14. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Yes she is wonderful <3

Too bad the figurines of her are mighty expensive :(

15. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    omg! I used to love Angel Beats, and it made me cry a lot. Want to rewatch since it's been years.. Naoi was pretty cute though, but I did like all the girls a lot too.

Right now I'm heavily into My Hero Academia though -- great story and art, plus the animation is to die for. The best episode just aired yesterday and it was!! 10/10!!!!!

16. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Yes it was a great show and I really liked it for the most part. Though the pacing felt a bit rushed near the end.

17. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Yeah, it was one of the shorter animes too

18. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Yep 12 episodes not nearly long enough imo

19. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'm so happy one of my fave light novels got a manga ;A;

20. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    It's not really hot or anything, but everyone seems to be dropping Kuroshitsuji because it's really long. I honestly don't find any problems with that, all I wish for is for it to update a little faster (lol)