1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga Akihabara Corner 2.0 - For Anime & Manga chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    One time a few years ago, I asked my friend if she had watched anime. The only one I remember her saying is Black Butler. I wasn't really into anime at the time (besides Pokémon). So recently, I've been into anime. And so I decided to watch it. And it's great so far! Haven't gotten very far though, lol.

My other friend started One Piece. I wished him luck (since it had over 700 episodes). I only made it to ep 3 so far.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i wasn't into anime, or i at least didn't watch a whole lot for a while, mostly because i couldn't find any that interested me or that i could relate to. however i've slowly started to ease myself more into anime again and am trying to be less picky about the anime i watch. i'm mostly a sucker for cliche romance anime, action anime or incredibly sad, heart tugging anime. i watched 2 anime shows when i was with my best friend for a week and visiting to see her. we watched absolute duo, and it was very nice! it could be inappropriate and.. had nudity and whatnot in it, but i still liked it a lot. i think it had a good story and was wrapped up nicely at the end.

we also watched engaged to the unidentified, and that was very cute. i liked it a lot and it had a good, cute ending. i enjoyed it quite a bit. i'm also in the process of watching my hero academia, but since my dad doesn't have a tv at his house and i hate watching it on my ipod or computer i haven't been able to keep up with it. i might try and watch a couple other anime if possible before i start college. i'm not sure yet though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I used to have a full wall of manga books but sadly that is no longer the case (though I did sell them so it's not all bad) My favourite manga books at the time were pita-ten, kuroshitsuji and negima. Pita ten ended after 7 or 8 books and I was super satisfied with the ending but kuro and negima kept going and negima got super good then just got really bad. =/ And had a really sucky ending more recently. Like a super rushed ending. Kuro keeps going and at this point I'm not entirely sure what the plot exactly is anymore.
    OH! And chobits and angelic layer.
    Actually I think Angelic Layer might be my favourite manga of all time. And again these two had really satisfying endings!

4. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I know right, Kuroshitsuji just keeps going on. I'm still reading it though (lol) I love Chobits and Angelic Layer too! I like most things by Clamp :3

AeroHail likes this.
  5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    So guys, I started Hunter x Hunter and it's really great tbh. Only on episode 16 so far but I'm really loving the story and characters. Killua is probably my favorite so far. ヾ(´▽`)ゝ

Kuroshitsuji is cool but I never got invested enough to read the manga & only saw the anime. Never ended up clicking much with the characters I suppose??

6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    @ConfettiCat Did I hear Clamp? *_*

@Sheep Yeah, I'm about that far into Hunter x Hunter too. It's pretty good!

Sheep likes this.
  7. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I got ridiculously into Kuroshitsuji what can I say I'm a sucker for Ciel and even though it is quite long, I like that kind of anime; it allows me to find more aspects in all of the characters that I can connect with.

I dabbled in movies and random, disconnected episodes for a long time before I got into Death Note. Death Note was the first anime I really loved, and I talk about it, cosplay, RP, and generally fangirl about it way too much now *heh heh* SNK/AOT was another huge point for me. It was the point where all my friends came to be very sick of the screamed text greeting of 'SIE SIND DIE ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JAEGER no regrets!'

I watched a lot of short animes, like Angel Beats! and Another. I like the dark, gory stuff...Tokyo Ghoul, ect. I'm typically the most a fan of dual-season (or more) animes, like Assassination Classroom (which was fantastic) and SAO (which was pretty cool). I'm actually on the hunt for fresh blood, so any recommendations are welcomed.
    #MissingNo

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Tsubasa and Cardcaptors are the only CLAMP series I've seen/read, but Tsubasa is literally my favorite thing on the planet. I adore all the main characters so very much it's almost hard to put into words. ; ;////

9. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've read all of Tsubasa, Cardcaptor, and Holic. Took me a second read through Tsubasa to really get every little thing. It's such a well-orchestrated manga. I love the whole thing to pieces. Every little bit of it makes intricate sense, and it comes full circle, which I aspire for in writing.

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Ooh, would you recommend xxxHOLiC then? I knew about it since I was a wee kid but never really read it and idk why. I'm interested in learning more about Watanuki as a character so I can finally connect all the dots. Is it long?