1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Akihabara Corner - For Anime & Manga chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyCity

SkyCity Skywriter

Penny
    (Shuppet)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Can't say I feel that way, I just watch whatever anime available that i find interesting.

on another topic, whats the general consensus on sub vs dub for all of you?
    I personally prefer dub, because I can do other things while watching the anime, but I dont mind sub

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I like sub, as I like the original voicing, and i read well enough that i can read everything, as well as read at the speed they talk at, so in my mind, they may as well be speaking English. I will admit, i have closed my eyes before and realized, SHOOT, not English. But dub is okay if sub isn't available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I generally prefer subs over dubs, since most of the ones I have heard are horrible. Agapio Racing Team deserves a special mention as Finnish dubbing team, they are so horrible that it becomes good. I can also to some extent do something else while watching anime, since I can understand Japanese to some extent, which will happen naturally after you have watched enough anime with subs.

4. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Has anybody seen Owari no Seraph / Seraph of the End? :O I came across a YouTube video today showcasing some of the best upcoming anime for Fall 2015 and Owari no Seraph's season 2 is being aired this Fall, so I wanted to check out season 1 and t's a really awesome anime.

5. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I'm afraid I haven't seen that. Do you know what it's about?

6. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Seraph of the end's basically a crossover of AOT/Vampires. That's like it in a nutshell.

As for me, I've been binge watching Young Black Jack, Black Jack and the OVA. Osamu Tezuka is a genius with this concept, and Hazama (the MC, looks exactly like Captian Harlock!) It's too adorbs~

7. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    AOT and Owari no Seraph actually are similar in a way, never thought about it like that before. :P

To summarize, it starts off with vampires who let out a disease that instantly kills all humans, except those that are under the age of 13.
    Then the vampire gather up all the children and take them to their castle (I guess? idk what to call it) and let them live them, in exchange for their blood.
    2 young boys and the rest of their group decide to get out of there one day and they plan everything out. Unfortunately, not everything goes to plan.
    Slight spoiler, but this happens in the 1st episode, and a little bit in the 2nd episode:
    Only one of the boys makes it out alive. After he's finally free and is in the outside world again, he's taken in by a local vampire killing army, and claims that his 1 and only goal is to get revenge for his family.

4 years later, he's been training to be accepted in the Moon Demon Company squad (a.k.a the vampire extermination squad).

At first, I read a description about it and went "ehh", but then I decided to watch it and fell in love haha.

8. engineering class

froze
    (Alolan Sandshrew)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.5
    Im a terrible person, and stopped watching Naruto after their original Sound 4 encounter...
    However, i watched the middle of the 19th season and onward, and it's amazing.
    New episode in 5 days, but after Madara did his whole Infinite Jutsu or w/e, the show has gone off tangent into everyone's dreams and flashbacks.
    I guess that's the point if everyone is being possessed, but i think they should go back to the ones that weren't effected and how they are going to epically stop Madara, if possible.
    BUT, that's my opinion...
    WHAT'S URS????

9. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    I'm also a terrible person because I stopped watching Naruto after episode 150 (I decided to rewatch it from the beginning) a few months ago and haven't picked it back up ever since.
    Yet, I've started and finished numerous different anime ever since then. :P
    Someday, I will pick it back up...

But oh man, I'm really getting into all these different Fall anime. They give me so much reason to look forward to the weekends again. :D

10. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Yo this place is pretty dead.

What have y'all been watching? I'm currently 9 episodes into Stella Women's Academy: High School Divison Class C3. It's a great lil gem that I highly reccomend if you have a couple hours of free time. How about y'all?

Teddybear2345 likes this.
  11. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I finished watching prisma illya season 1 a few weeks back.
    It was great, fun, cute and lots of fantastic action and nostalgia.

also that
    that kiss... ha

12. MoonLightOwl25

MoonLightOwl25 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I never heard of or watched that anime is it good ?

13. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    ^ Good if you like magical girl loli anime, or the type moon universe in general.
    I am a fan of both.

It's a bit yuri, I don't mind that.

14. MoonLightOwl25

MoonLightOwl25 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    Well I do like sailor moon so maybe I will try that show

15. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    You will like it I am sure.
    I was *o* the entire time lmao

My fandom for Illyasviel cannot be quenched...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.