1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Akihabara Corner - For Anime & Manga chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I can understand. Attack on Titan isn't one of my favorites, but I do like it. And I know it's not some people's cup of tea. Aa the art is super quality though indeed. But nothing will be the pure qualiy of K project's art to me. Shingo Suzuki teach me your ways.

Any anime that had an art style you really liked?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Not in the Manga though...I found the art in the Manga to be really bad, and lazy. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Yeah the manga art isn't that great haha.

I liked ZnT's art a lot too! I think it fit the anime well.

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm not sure what they were going for, whether it's a unique art style or something else, but it's just kinda hard to look at. It's funny because usually the Manga art mirrors the anime art, but the Anime art is so much better than the Manga. There is no comparison.

5. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    Darkinum Z ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    @[member="Achromatic"]
    Theres a One Piece club? I might have to check that out. Though I'm like fifty episodes behind on the anime at the moment and I don't read the manga.....

As for Attack on Titan, I do admit that it is awesome but I definitely wouldn't call it my favorite.... I don't really know why some people call it the best anime because I much prefer Naruto.... I guess its just a matter of opinion in the end....

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Yup, you can find it in the Clubs section. It's run by me! One Piece is so awesome. Who's your favorite character so far?

7. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    @[member="Achromatic"]
    To be honest, I didn't know there was a club section ^_^'
    I'll check it out if I remember....
    My favorite character is Brook. He's so awesome~!
    Other than Brook I like Chopper, Franky, Law and Ace

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Franky is my favorite, but I love Sanji, Brook and Luffy too! I'd say that in my order of favorites, it goes like this: Franky, Luffy, Sanji, Brook. But there are so many awesome characters that it's really hard to choose a favorite.

How did you guys get introduced to Anime?

9. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I really like Akatsuki no Yona's and Noragami's art styles; they're really gorgeous ;w; Fairy Tail's is nice, too (particularly the first series and not the 2014 continuation). I know people complained about the magic circles but I actually liked those a lot, haha.

I watched anime as a kid, though I didn't know it was anime at the time. Ended up becoming obsessed with Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power and searched it online, found an episode in Japanese, and BAM! that pretty much got me into anime. As for manga (I know it wasn't asked, but I'll speak about it anyway), I got some manga when I was little; when I was in fourth grade I got to borrow a friend's copy of the first volume of the YGO! manga, and that was when I learned it was called "manga". After that I began trying out manga as much as I could.

10. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    When I was a kid I've watched a couple of anime shows in the past, not realizing they were anime or what anime was in general. It was until middle school, 2006-2008 when my group of friends introduced me into Anime. I've been hooked ever since.

11. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Well I mean I've watched the Pokémon and Yugioh animes from a young age (their respective Hoenn and original show, I mean), but really was introduced to anime when, ironically, my friend recommended I watch Dragon Ball Z Abridged. From there, I watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, my first shows where I knew they were anime. Then another friend recommended I watch Code Ment, so I watched Code Geass, and the rest is history.

12. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I am a big fan of the Sinnoh and Unova arcs in the Pokémon anime, but nothing else. Is anybody else like me?

13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm more of a fan of animes with really vivid color and really cool animations. It's all about detail for me so I absolutely recommend Fairy Tail and K Project.

ShiroLugia likes this.
  14. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    @[member="Achromatic"]
    Uhhh... How I got introduced to anime?
    I was flipping through the kids channels and I found this
    marvelous anime called Naruto..... though at the time, I didn't
    know it was anime.... I'd never heard of anime.... I started watching
    more and eventually learned it was anime and I just continued to watch more
    and more since then.....

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I've been wondering, what are the animes that you can't help but re-run over and over again?

16. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I usually don't rerun the series as a whole as much as I rewatch certain parts of it. Like I could rewatch the last two episodes of Code Geass for days and not even care. Same with episode 5 of Devil is a Part-Timer.

17. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    So far I've only rewatched Attack on Titan and Gurren Lagann, but I definitely think that I'm gonna watch Gurren Lagann over and over again xD

18. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Lost, you know I've already run K Project over a good 20 times. I just love the feeling of the series and its become a part of me as a whole. Looking up to see K project on my screen just makes my day a little bit brighter.

jhey0aira likes this.
  19. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I know I can watch the hell out of Kill la Kill and Panty Stocking with Garterbelt. They're both childish, and I enjoy humorous with serious moments. Btw anyone over the age of... maybe, 15 should watch PSG if you haven't already. Its too much fun.

20. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    The only anime I'd watch over and over again is Fairy Tail, but given its length I'd have to watch it in chunks XD (When it first began, though, I watched the first few episodes a bajillion times.) I might do the same for Nanatsu no Taizai at some point, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.