1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Akihabara Corner - For Anime & Manga chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I love going through FMA Brotherhood. It's the only series that I've actually seen from start to finish more than once and that probably won't ever change; any other series I'd just skim through or watch small batches. FMA will be dear to me forever and ever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've considered watching FMA but I'm not sure if it's the sort of anime I'd be in to. There are so many good animes right no and choosing a new one is really hard, not to mention JJBA begins again in January so I doubt I'll get involved with a new anime too soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    FMAB is an amazing anime. I've had so many "feels" with it. The plot is amazing, and the creators really knew how to make your heart just break. I love it so much. I think my favorite character would have to be Roy Mustang. He's just a cool dude who can go through everything no problem.

What are your favorite characters from different series?

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I couldn't agree more with this. Though my favorite FMA character still has to be Envy. He is just such an awesome character, you can't hate him :D

5. MajesticFlygon

MajesticFlygon PKMN Breeder

Alolan Rattata
    (Alolan Rattata)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I love FMAB...0-0 Lust was my favorite Humuculi (if i spelled that right) Edward was of course my favorite character besides Alphonse (who is just too cute!)

Even though this is off topic from FMAB... what Anime did you find one day and just started liking it on the same day you found it?
    For me, that would be B-Daman.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    It was a beautiful anime called Fairy Tail.
    I stumbled across it in my recommended list on youtube as I was watching some other series, and now I've been hooked.

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Let's make a list, yeah?

Dragon Ball- Goku
    Because Goku B)

Attack on Titan- Levi Ackerman
    A Choice With No Regrets gave Levi a leg up over Erwin Smith. I just love how badass he is compared to everyone else, and his general attitude makes me laugh too.

Soul Eater- Soul Eater Evans
    How cool is it to jut become a scythe at will????? Though I probably like him so much because of all the fanfics I've read. XD

Devil is a Part-Timer- Maou Sadao / Satan Jacob
    Maou is often the largest source of hilarity on the show, and I really like how he grows as a character from beginning to end.

Code Geass- Lelouch vi Brittania
    This one was hard for me, since I like Lelouch, Suzaku, and Kallen a lot, but ultimately what made me go with Lelouch was his Geass he put on me help was how he evolves from the Brittanian-hating prince-rebel into... well, how he changes in the end of the anime, no spoilers. XD

No, not really, all the anime I've watched was pretty much based on either recommendations or watching an Abridged series first. XD

8. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Annie from Attack on Titan! And Jean.... They're both loveable ahhh, and badass in their own ways. It was nice to see Jean's growth and the hints at Annie's backstory.

From Zankyou no Terror, definitely Twelve. He's adorable. And smart. And really cared about Lisa ahhhhhh.

Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata! She's badass, and cute, and just ahhhhhhhhh.

I haven't really "found" any anime on my own.... I watch what people recommend to me haha.

9. MajesticFlygon

Alolan Rattata
    (Alolan Rattata)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Sometimes i look up random anime pictures and find random characters that i might want to know the anime of. It happens sometimes. Thats how i found Konta.

10. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    So I yesterday finally got to watch K Project, thanx to [member='AquawindLugia'] constantly reminding us of how great it was ;) and I have to say that I really loved it! It also motivated me to go watch some more anime...

I still have to watch:
    - Fairy Tail from episode 9
    - Blue Exorcist from episode 3
    - The second season of Haganai

Though I can also see myself watching a completely new anime first and just forgetting about the others xD

ShiroLugia likes this.
  11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm glad you like K project. The animation is so good!

I also really recommend you check out Fairy Tail, it really picks up after the first 20 episodes!

ShiroLugia likes this.
  12. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I know, the only problem is that Fairy Tail is such a long anime... And while I don't have a problem with that in itself, it'll require me to keep watching it for so long, that I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep my concentration on it, and I'll forget about it halfway :/

13. MajesticFlygon

Alolan Rattata
    (Alolan Rattata)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Fairy Tail is too long of an anime (like One Piece because i'm not going back to rewatch that from episode 1 0-0) I like it and i want to watch what i can...

Also i finally remembered about 2 or more anime i love. The World Only God Knows,RWBY, and Ouran High School Host Club. I like Blue Exorcist also and i missed the last episode...
    I can't forget Zatch Bell (watched it all in English and Japanese) and Keroro Gunso i already meantioned. I recommend all those anime.

14. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I cannot for the life of me watch long anime unless I started them early on or if they're completed. The Fairy Tail anime got me into the series, and while I have fallen behind (was once behind 50 episodes) I've been able to keep up-to-date with it for the most part. The other long anime I'd watch is the 2012 Hunter x Hunter, which is completed at this time. Anime like One Piece or Detective Conan I can never watch because of how long they are, plus both are ongoing. I can read the manga, though, since I can go at my own pace and whatnot.

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I love Franky from One Piece. He's so awesome. I don't know what it is about him but he is just hilarious and always has great fights. I love all of his designs, weapons and creations that are displayed throughout the series and overall he has some of the best timeskip scenes/fights.

I also really love Luffy, because...who doesn't. Luffy is adorable, but he's also incredibly strong. He has the best humor by far and is just a great character. I love how simple he is. I can relate.

Also Joseph Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. He is by far my favorite Jojo. I do prefer the younger version but the old one is good too. "I brought some tequila, won't you boys let me by?"

And finally, Shinji Hirako because he is just awesome. His character is shrouded in mystery sometimes and I always want to see his bankai, haha.

16. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I need a new anime to watch. I've recently finished looking at AOT, and I'm considering moving on Wolf's Rain next. Some guys I've been meaning to watch are Black Lagoon and Darker Than Black. I watched a bit of Casshern Sins after my friend recommended it to me, but...eh...Couldn't get into it. Any got some suggestions for newish stuff?

17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    If I were to watch One Piece I know I would love Sanji, hehehe. :'D

But otherwise I really need to start Haikyuu and continue where I left off on Mushishi season 2.. geesh am I lazy. Mushishi is actually pretty darn good and a huge breather in comparison to most types of anime that air nowadays.

18. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I need to watch the Mushi-shi anime at some point; I really liked the manga. Honestly, the few episodic animanga I've seen/read have been pretty good. This includes Natsume Yuujinchou (an animanga I think just about any anime/manga fan should watch/read; it's absolutely wonderful), Jigoku Shoujo/Hell Girl, and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

19. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    If anyone wants to start watching a new anime, I suggests Kiseijuu Sei no Kakuritsu or Parasyte: Maxim.

An old manga made into anime. Awesome story line, suspense and characters that you will miss when they are gone...

Watch it. Nigi commands you :D

20. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What has everyone been reading/watching so far?
    Have you found any new loves?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.