1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comp / Tech All about phones!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colours, May 22, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    • What kind of phone do you own, if any?
    • Do you keep it in a case?
    • What made you decide on that particular phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    I own a Samsung Galaxy J1, as it's a Prepaid smartphone. It's in a case I got off of Amazon, and it's pretty cheap. I don't think I can show you the case because it's a link off of Amazon, and I chose my phone because it was there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I have a Motorola X Force. I got it for Christmas a few years ago of my mum.
    I don't keep it in a case, and I probably never will because I don't like any of the cases made for this particular phone.

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Galaxy S6, in a case, though the one time it was out, I cracked the heck out of it on the back. This is why I keep it in a case at all times now. I just wanted an upgrade from my outdated S3 >_>

5. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I have an Iphone 6S+, and I have a pink case on it with butterfly and vine designs- which a lot of people compliment! No screen protector though. I've had it for about... 2 or 3 years now. I love the Iphone's sleek design and overall aesthetic. I previously had an Android, but I dropped it and the entire screen shattered, so I needed a new one. Funnily enough, my Iphone only has a very small crack at the top, over all the years I had it and dropped it.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Galaxy Stardust; rubber cover (in the almost-three years I've had it it's never broken no matter how many times I've dropped it); it's a TracFone, which fits my needs.

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which I got back in mid-2016. I keep it in an Otterbox Defender lol, nothing's gonna break it.

8. Blair_Chandra

Blair_Chandra Torchic Queen

Blaze
    (Combusken)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Galaxy S8, got it...two weeks ago, so still haven't customised it much. Got a case for it a day after I got it because I'm terrible about dropping phones. Case is nice and slim with a silver ring in the middle that comes out so I can hold onto it. Also got a screen protector for the scratches that have started showing up.

Sethal likes this.
  9. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have a cheap LG K7 I got a year ago with a red case that also has a cover for the face of the phone. I decided on the phone because of the $99 price tag, haha.

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    For myself, I have the OnePlus 5T! Prior to this, I always had Google Nexus phones so I was originally wary about purchasing something off of the OnePlus brand, but I'm really glad that I did! OnePlus really does go to show that cheap does not always mean lacking in quality as this phone can vey well go head to head and is even better in some aspects than the more well known flagships out there, which makes me happy enough. :>

I keep it in one of the official cases for now which doesn't always feel comfortable but it at least gets the job done when it comes to protecting the phone. Sometimes I take it out of its caase just for comfort reasons though cause the phone does feel really amazing without the case on. It's just a shame it's kind of like holding a newborn baby in its fragileness so I get a tad worried whenever I do so, lmao. u.u

11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I have a tiny little iPhone 5s which has been with me for almost three years now. I find no need to replace it because this one still works so why do I need a new one? Plus, it was free! Thanks U.S. Cellular! It's in a silicone case I've had for two and a half years but I'm planning to replace it very soon. It's not a fancy phone by any means and is severely outdated now, but it's fine.

It could be worse, though. Before my phone, I was using a Kindle Fire for everything mobile-related...

12. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've got an LG Cosmos 3 and have an old pink case on it that falls off every few minutes. I've had the phone for four years almost five and I didn't decide the phone since it was given to me on my birthday and me having a phone was one of my Grandfather's last wishes...

13. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I have a Wiko sunny 2 plus, which I have since 19.7.17. Got a transparent case on it, to save it from scratches etc. This phone is for my private stuff, like Friends, Youtube and/or Lv. Also, it wasn't that expensive. Then I got various old phones without a touchscreen, that are basically unbreakable, xD.
    Also got a Galaxy s8, which got a dark case. Only use it rarely for school or other business. Sounds much, but isn't considering the Wiko is half dead.

14. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I have a uh...oh god, what is this thing called...

A ZTE Majesty Pro LTE. Had to check what it was because I know it mostly as "the cheap $30 prepaid phone from Wal-mart". Got it because it was the cheapest option there and at the time I didn't use a phone enough to justify getting a pricier one.

(Yet now I regret not going even a little bit higher because oof there is so little space on this device and I want my apps.)

No cases for it.

15. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I have a crappy phone by AT&T that I've had for about three years - it was already outdated when I got it, and it hasn't improved since then. We got a case for it after I dropped it a couple times and there are cracks all over the screen. The case is fine, though it looks like a sheet of armor - a rubbery red cover over this hard plastic black thing that covers the entire phone. It's not pretty, but it's effective. I don't use my phone for much besides music and texting my mom, because it doesn't do much. My brother and I are trying to convince our parents to get better phones for next year, though.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S8 with a Spigen case. The screen scratches pretty easily, so I've attached a screen protector on it. Other than that, it's fine.

17. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    iPhone 8 with a jelly case. Trust me, I'm middle class. I got it to replace my dying iPhone 5c as a prize for my academic achievements. Apple is also my favourite brand, be tech or not.

18. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I don't know the exact name of the model, just that it's an iPhone. I use a case to prevent damage because why not. Also my touch screen doesn't work half the time so I need to keep turning it off and back on again in order to make it go sometimes. It's annoying.

19. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    iPhone 6 plus.
    Yes.
    No reason at all.