1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Alola Forms and Z-Moves Revealed

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by LostSpirit, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U​
    This morning, the official Pokémon Youtube channel released new information about the Pokémon Sun and Moon games.

Alola forms:
    - Due to the strong sunlight in the Alola region, Executor has changed its form. Alolan Executor, the Coconut Pokémon, is now a Grass/Dragon-type with the ability Frisk. Unlike other executor we've known, it has a fourth head located on the tail.

- On the snowy mountain peaks, Alolan Vulpix lives. Alolan Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon, is now an Ice-type with icy breaths that reach -50 degrees Celsius. Unlike its fire counterpart, it doesn't do good with heat and will produce ice from its tail to cool down the temperature.
    Alolan Vulpix evolves into Alolan Ninetales. Alolan Ninetales, in addition to the Ice-typing, is also part Fairy. Treated as sacred emissaries, they live on the peaks of a holy mountain. Both Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales have the ability Snow Cloak.

- Frequent eruptions of nearby volcanoes have driven Sandshrew to escape to snowy mountains. Alolan Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokémon, has adapted into an Ice/Steel-type. Hiding in the snow, evolved Alolan Sandshrew becomes Ice/Steel-type Alolan Sandslash. Be careful when traveling alone as Alolan Sandslash's paths may leave you stranded in the deep mountain. Both Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash have the ability Snow Cloak.

New Pokémon:
    - Oricorio, the Dancing Pokémon, comes in various forms depending on what island it's from: <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/oricorio-(pa"href="http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/oricorio-(pa" u-style)="" "="">Pa'u Style, Sensu Style, Baile Style, or Pom-Pom Style. The different styles determine Oricorio's typing in addition to Flying: Psychic, Ghost, Fire, or Electric respectively.
    Oricorio has the unique ability Dancer, which allows it to copy any dance move the foe may use. Oricorio is also the only Pokémon to be able to learn Revelation Dance. Revelation Dance will also change typing depending on Oricorio's current form.

- Minior, the Meteor Pokémon, is a Rock/Flying-type. Its ability Shields Down, gives Minior excellent defensive capabilities along with status immunity- that is if the shell is still intact. Once Minior's HP reaches below half, the shell breaks and Minior will switch to an attacking form. The broken shell reveals Minior's core, though its color will vary between blue, gold, pink, and yellow.

- Gumshoos, the Stakeout Pokémon, is the evolved form of Yungoos. It retains its Normal-typing along with one of its two abilities: Stakeout and Strong Jaw. It waits patiently for its prey. Unlike Yungoos, it can withstand its hunger.

- Fomantis, the Sickle Grass Pokémon, is a Grass-type with the ability Leaf Guard. When it evolves into Lurantis, the Bloom Sickle Pokémon, it will retain both of those qualities. Lurantis is said to be the most beautiful Grass-type Pokémon and can learn the move Solar Blade. Solar Blade functions similarly to Solar Beam, Lurantis absorbs energy from the sun on the first move and then unleashes a powerful attack on the second turn.

- Mudbray, the Donkey Pokémon, is a Ground-type. It may come with the abilities Own Tempo or Stamina. Mudbray been hunted to near-extinction, leaving Alola the only region where it can still be seen in the wild. Mudbray evolves into Mudsdale, the Draft Horse Pokémon, who retains the typing and abilities. Mudsdale's Stamina ability will up its defense when hit by an attack.

Z-Moves:
    Z-Moves is a new element in Pokémon battles. It may only be used once per battle and are available to all Pokémon. Both trainer and Pokémon need to hold special items – Z-Crystals – of the same element. If the Pokémon has a move of the same element the crystals will resonate, allowing the use of a Z-Move. A trainer's Z-Crystal is set into the Z-ring, which will fit on the trainer's arm.

The video features Pikachu using Gigavolt Havoc, Rowlet using Bloom Doom, Litten using Inferno Overdrive, and Popplio using Hydro Vortex.

Tomy International will be releasing a real-life Z-ring item at the time of Pokémon Sun and Moon's release. When a Z-Move is used in-game this ring will light up, make sounds, and vibrate for realism.

Poké Ride:
    Poké Ride is a service in Alola allowing trainers to call certain Pokémon for help at any time. These are not Pokémon part of your team, but will give you valuable assistance to get you through some difficult places.

The trainer is shown riding a Tauros that breaks rocks, a Mudsdale riding over rocky terrain, a Sharpedo that breaks boulders in the water, and a high-flying Charizard in the video.

"The Rite of the Island" Challenges:
    As part of the trainer's journey, you will travel to Alola's different islands to challenge the individual Rites of Challenge. The Rites of Challenge are trials not limited to just battling. It may include looking for items, answering questions, etc.

The trial captains and their specialties are as follows:
    - Mallow, who specializes in the Grass type
    - Lana, who specializes in the Water type
    - Sophocles, who specializes in the Electric type
    - Kiawe, who specializes in the Fire type

After a trial is complete, trainers must fight a powerful Totem Pokémon. These Pokémon are much larger than normal and have with a unique aura. Not only this, they can call on other Pokémon for help to take you down.

Once you defeat the Totem Pokémon, you will face in the Grand Trial - a Pokémon battle against the Island Kahuna. Only then will you be able to travel to other islands. Hala has been confirmed to be an island kahuna.

That's all the news released in this recent update about the upcoming Sun and Moon games. What are your thoughts on this news?​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    So yeah, there's so much information here that I really don't know where to begin :P Might as well start with the Alola forms:

Exeggutor-A : It's looks make a lot of sense considering the region, but I don't know where that Dragon typing comes from lmao

Vulpix/Ninetales-A : If I didn't know any better, these would seem like completely different Pokémon. The irony that they don't like the heat is hilarious, though, and they look very majestic.

Sandshrew/Sandslash-A : Honestly, this is the one I'm the most excited for. Ice-typing may leave it 4x weak to Fire and Fighting, but I'm pretty sure these extra forms will help it a lot. I'm sure they'll keep some old moves, such as Earthquake, Swords Dance, and Rapid Spin, but the typing could help them a lot movepool-wise, especially if they get access to Ice Shard.

(Edit: By the way, this Sandshrew/Sandslash form still has 7 resistances and an immunity, which is still impressive considering how it has Ice as one of it's types :P)

All right, now the new Pokémon themselves:

Oricorio looks neat, and kind of makes me glad that they're delving more into forms of Pokémon. I remember back then thinking that Rotom having many forms was so neat and creative. The Pokémon itself doesn't seem like it'll be too great when it comes to competitive, though. I dunno why. It just... doesn't.

Minior's ability seems like a reverse Zen Mode... which would be a good thing. Extremely bulky until it's at half health, then overwhelm the opponent with it's speed and power when it changes.

I'm hype for Gumshoos. I loved how Yungoos looked and it's abilities, and now Gumshoos looks even better. I really hope this Pokémon is competitively viable, because I'm just loving everything about it.

I'm not too impressed with Fomantis and Lumantis, really. Solar Blade looks cool, though, and now I'm thinking who would get it, since it'll probably work like Solarbeam.

Mubray makes me think about another certain donkey, but I can't remember which... anyways, it's cute. Not much else to say about it really.

All right, now the Z-Moves... when I saw the four that were used, I was pretty much like "oh god poor Pokémon they're getting absolutely ravaged". It's a neat concept, and I could see it like a finishing move, since it's only allowed to be used once per battle. Now I'm just wondering how strong they are. I'd think that a move as flashy and powerful like them could be as strong as Self-Destruct or Explosion. The Z-Ring is making me doubt that Mega Evolution will be a thing, but maybe it'll have another slot for Mega evolution... who knows.

Ridable Pokémon: I'm really glad they're also expanding the idea of this, too. Riding Pokémon really makes it feel more... what's the word... realistic? Idk :P It just seems like something that should've always been possible.

The rite of the island challenges really makes it seem as if they're trying to replace the gyms this time around. I'm completely fine with this. They're trying something different, seemingly changing the formula this time around. The end goal seems the same, but hey, baby steps.

That's all I've got to say on the subject. And to think that there's gonna be yet another trailer on the 12th...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    The only thing I can say about Gumshoos is...
    [​IMG]
    I can't help but laugh.

4. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    All these new Pokémon are really, really cool, and I really love what Pokémon has done to fit in with the culture of Hawaii with the trials instead of gym leaders. Gym leaders seem more like a civilization thing, while these trials really fit the style of Alola. The new forms are also really cool and I love how they implemented the concept of real life evolution. Although the new Exeggutor's typing reminds me of a Pokémon that could have been.

*cough* Tropius *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.