1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Alolan forms that should have been in Sun/Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Darcy, May 29, 2017.

?

Do you think regional variants will return in future games?

1. Yes

58.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  3. Maybe

32.0%
  1. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    [​IMG]
    The regional variants in Pokémon Sun and Moon are one of the most interesting features in the game. These Alolan forms have given old Pokémon new typing and many new moves, giving these Pokémon a fresh coat of paint that was much needed. However, only eighteen Pokémon ended up getting these variants, all being from generation one.

Are there any Pokémon that you think got the shaft on this? If so, which Pokémon and why? What types and ability (or abilities) do you think should have been given?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    COUGH cough Magikarp cough-

Actually that's a good idea. I think that Magikarp and Gyarados should get regional variants because they are naturally fan favorites, and a regional variant could give Magikarp some more spotlight. I could see them getting a Fire type added, so Magikarp could be Fire/Water (awesome typing), and Gyarados could get Fire/Flying (so it doesn't have x4 weakness to Electric). I think Magikarp should have something that boosts Fire attacks as an ability, but I think Intimidate should stay with Gyarados. Give that regional Gyarados some good stats and good movepool, and I'll most likely use it competitively!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Inken'in

Inken'in Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Amulet Coin ★★★Icy Rock ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    These are mostly just Regional variants, rather than Alolan forms.

Making Ghost/Fire or Ice versions of Ponyta & Rapidash could both be really interesting, although they aren't really all that original ideas in the end, since one could get the inspiration for either of them by just looking at the shiny forms. For the Ice variant the abilities could be Slush Rush and/or Ice Body, while Ghost/Fire could retain it's original abilities.

Hoenn Crabominable would very likely to be Fighting/Fire, considering that Crabrawlers want to achieve higher position that others, both social and physical. Taking that into account, it's not really hard to image where some of the more dedicated ones would end up. Hint: it's Mt. Chimney
    It's also quite fun to imagine what other forms Crabominable would take in other regions as well.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have a feeling the Alolan Forms will return but I am not sure about any new variations since it takes space from new Pokémon. I would say that a few Pokémon got a bad variant, most that were early game didn't turn out that amazing. I think they lost their balance of design vs versatility a bit.

5. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I wouldn't be opposed to regional versions being a thing for every new region.
    I doubt starters would get regional forms but how cool would an alolan hibiscus themed Meganium look??

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I know that alola forms that were made already will stick around, but I really hope that they keep the regional theme going.They could even incorporate it into remakes of the games, mixing in new Pokémon variations instead of simply the same thing. Assuming that Sinnoh is next for example, you could do sinnoh Machop and Ralts, Machop could be fighting ice or rock (having gained the type to handle the cooler temps of Sinnoh) and Ralts could be Fairy Dark maybe, a sort of twisted Ralts? I don't know these are just off the top of the head ideas.

Mandriel likes this.
  7. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Alolan Magmotar please! loooool

I don't know...I think that Alola would lose its special feeling if they decide to add other forms. I am sure they will add somthing, but on does never knows what GF thinks about us, right?

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would love to see regional forms of the Sentret Line or the Mareep line. Sentret could be a Fairy/Normal or Normal/Fighting type, and Mareep could be a Grass/Electric type. Don't ask me why though, I have no clue how my brain works.

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I wouldn't have minded a regional variant for Jynx. Electabuzz and Magmar tend to get way more attention, though I never use either of them as they evolve through trade. And Jynx's design of a dancer could have worked nicely in Alola.

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I'm all for regional variants, it makes sense will probably end up making less sense if we only ever see this occur in one region. But I wouldn't want them to get too carried away, seeing as there are some *cough* Persian *cough* that were not too good this time :P

11. Jewls

Jewls School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.2
    They should return but let's not get carried away. I mean a new Eeveelution (don't kill me for this part) that's not like Sylveon would be nice. I'm sorry but like my sister, cause I'm sure she's said this, but Sylveon just gives me the rich dog vibe and it's creepy. So Maybe one closer to an original like Umbreon or Espeon.

Then Alolan ones let's start off with like getting a change to some of the ones that need revamps. Pidgey for example and Growlithes

12. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Like my sister I think the Alolan forms were great but then we went onto Sylveon. It just creeps me out. So the alolan side of things some just were decorative and made no sense. Dugtrio with hair? What the heck?

13. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I liked the alolan forms as a whole, because they brought a new dimension to the battling.
    But some I'd want to see in future games would be. Doduo/Dodtrio

Steelix and Onyx and Clefairy/Clafable etc.

These would be cool and they are kind of everyone knows them these days, who is a pokefan.

14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    What I would like to see are regional variants of older starters. For example, take the fenniken line and make it ice ghost, or take the totodile line and make it dark dragon. another thing would be a fruit bat version of the zubat line and make them grass flying or fairy flying. or maybe we can have that water arcanine that was rumored about all those months ago? The point is that there is so much they could have done with regional variants to make the games better. I just love the idea of regional variants because if you look at our world, different animals adapt to different places and the same animal being different in various areas makes sense. Think about the gellapagos fintches. They're all the same type of bird but they are different from each other due to different conditions.

15. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I think regional variants were wildly popular. They take old Pokémon that we know and love and bring a new face to them. Why do you think Eevee is so darn popular? I think that regional variants will certainly continue to crop up; in fact, I hope they do.

I would love a regional variant of a bug type. Maybe... Weedle @Endrew Swiftwind or Wurmple

16. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    It would be interesting to see that Water typed Arcanine that's been rumored in the past, since it would be something different that fans would like. It would also be interesting to see another Eeveelution come up, something that embodies Alola as a whole. And have an original design, and something not creepy. I would not like to see a creepy Eeveelution, because that would make me feel a bit bad about the whole line of them.

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I wish they would have given Arcanine a Alola form, they gave Vulpix one and Arcanine and Ninetales despite being two different species are often seen as counterparts. I also really like Arcanine so it getting a Alola form would make me really happy.

18. BlizzardNova

BlizzardNova Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.7
    I was REALLY hoping Bellossom would get some love, they could have made her into a sort of hula-dancer design, I know that's kind what they were going for in the roginal but they could have made her a Grass/Fire type and it would have been cool because it fit the region.

I feel like Luxray could have also gotten a regional variant, since the outcry for him wanting to be Dark-type could be easily solved just by giving him a variant.

Last but not least, I really was sad Lilligant didn't get any love. Whismicott, her counterpart got branded as Fairy type which tremendously helped her in the competitive scene, but Lilligant was left pure grass type. I feel like they could have made her a really cool Grass/Fairy or even done something crazy by making her Grass/Ice or something.

19. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Personally I think they should have made Alola versions of the Ralts line based on hula dancers. Maybe make them Psychic/Grass. Not sure about Gallade but it would be odd if it was left out.

Maybe Alola versions of the gen 1 starters as well.

20. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Psychic-type Riolu and Lucario that chose to focus on the mental aspects of Aura rather than the physical. Absol that have gained the trust of humans and shed their Dark-type (maybe for Psychic?). Solrock and Lunatone that have formed some sort of bond with Solgaleo and Lunala, taking up their physical characteristics and typing. I'd also like to see an Electric-type Rayquaza, though I doubt they'll ever make regional variants of Legendaries. Their are so many possibilities for variant Pokémon that it would be a shame if they didn't make any more.