1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Alolan forms that should have been in Sun/Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Darcy, May 29, 2017.

?

Do you think regional variants will return in future games?

1. Yes

58.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  3. Maybe

32.0%
  1. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I say my fav Pokémon typloshion.
    Mostly cause he didnt get a mega.
    I think a ghost type would be cool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    Psyduck and Golduck totally should have gotten Alolan forms. They have psychic powers, yet aren't the Psychic type, so it would have been nice to give it an Alolan form with Psychic as one of its typings.

Personally, I would like Kecleon to get an Alolan form. It would be super cool if its Alolan form is purple (PMD2 reference!). Its Abilities would flip (Protean normal; Color Change HA), and it would start out with a Psychic typing. How cool would that be?

Realistically, they'll probably introduce some more Alolan forms of Pokémon that weren't catchable in SM in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Alolan Ponyta/Rapidash would be cool. They are always (and rightfully so, but still) overshadowed by Growlithe and Arcanine, and could use a little love.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    That would be really cool. You could do something similar with Butterfree, making a pink one in reference to the anime, it works out since the two are close apparently, and it isn't shiny

5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    literally any Pokémon that's not from Kanto

I would've loved to see my favorite region, Hoenn, get some new forms! Imagine an Alolan form Swablu for a second. I don't know what type it would be, but I think it would be cute to base it and Altaria off of a different type of cloud!

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Alolan Johto Starters, Sinnoh Starters, Flabébé (Different Flowers), Combee (Competition with Cutiefly), Kingler (Competition with Crabrawler), Klink-line (Water Wheels), Politoed (Gecko rather then Frog, maybe Gieco reference as well), Durant (Anthill or Redants)

It be really nice if in USUM if they made Alolan Pokémon to evolve to counter their counters/adapting to the new. Because thats how evolution really works.

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I think an evolved Alolan form would be cool like how Marowak.

Alolan Beedrill. Bug/Dark type. Ability: Anger Point. It can have a unique Alola Form if mega evolved as well.

Alolan Beedrill have a less fiery temper when angered and rarely attack in swarms. In contrast to their Kanto counterpart, wounds and pain caused by their venom are significantly more dire. Nectar gatherers such as Oricorio and Cutiefly know too well to avoid their territory.

Based this off the Asian Giant Hornet, which has one of the most fatal stings of any stinging insect.

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Alolan Lapras would have been perfect! I hope as more games are made we get a couple mixed generation forms, though not too many as I still think actual new Pokémon are more important than a regional variant form when it comes to a new region.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Alolan Lapras would be really nice actually, but what typing would it have? *thinks*

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think Water/Grass instead of Water/Ice would beat neat. Instead of a spiky shell it could have a more rounded shell with a little island on it or some foliage with vines and flowers.

11. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Alolan Pidgy. Where was it? Imagine a Ground/Fighting type Pidgeot or something, would be pretty kool

12. HoppipLover88

Weedy
    (Oddish)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.5
    I hope there is Aloan Paras and Aloan Oddish. Maybe all flower Pokémon should differ from place to place.

13. HoppipLover88

Weedy
    (Oddish)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.5
    Maybe even a Shinotic and Parasect combination...

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Alolan Dunsparce. As a Ghost or Dark type. Just imagine: a spooky, spectral...*googles what Dunsparce is based off*
    WTF IT'S A SNAKE?!
    A spooky, spectral..."snake" wandering after you.

They could make the tail longer and put an arrowhead on, maybe give it larger, raggedy wings, and give it horns. Because Dunsparce kind of does look angelic, so you could play around with the thing of 'fallen angel'.
    #MissingNo

15. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    They should've made an Alolan Spearow and Fearow. It would've been a perfect contrast to the original first episode of the anime. For typing, it could have been Dark/Flying or Fighting/Flying, or something along those lines.

16. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Fighting type Abra line would've been interesting but a Poison/Water Mantine should've been one.

17. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I was just about to suggest Alolan Mantkye-Mantine!

18. PokemonGuardian2000

Pidgeotto
    (Pidgeotto)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.2
    One Pokémon that i bleive that should have had an alolan form in SUu and moon is Lapras. I think alolan lapras will keep the water typing, but i don't know what the other type will be.

19. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'd love an Alolan Aipom variant.

20. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Alolan Dugtrio was a mere pain in the ars. You could use a fire type to destroy it's HP but it would still be able to destroy you in under a minute