1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Alolan Forms you DON'T want to see

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Now, we all know that Alolan Pokémon are the current talk of the town - everyone is discussing which Pokémon should get Alolan forms, and what they want their dream Alolan form to be like. However, are there any Pokémon who you don't want to see an Alolan form for? (Note that your answe should probably be a Generation I Pokémon, as those are the only ones who've been Alolan so far)

For me, I only have one Pokémon that I want to stay the same - Dragonite. The reason I don't want Dragonite to be changed is because I fear that the designers won't take the obvious route of changing Dragonite to be more similar to Dratini and Dragonair, and it'll just make Dragonite's reason for existing even more of a mystery. I'm not a big fan of the way Dragonite looks now, but I'd rather have it the way it is than have it changed, unless it's changed to look like it came from Dragonair directly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    One Alolan form I don't want to see is Weezing. Mostly because of a few bad memories I had with this Pokémon... Minior was a bad enough suicide bomber in Sun and Moon. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    definitely don't want to see alolan form of Hydreigon

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I..don't want alolan form starters. It just feels wrong to mess with the starters, I'm not fond of the Mega evolutions that the starters of Kanto and Hoenn got, either.

5. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Alolan Spearow/Fearow. Just don't...please

6. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ooh, I thought of another one!

The Eeveelutions don't need Alolan forms. They're already extremely popular without it and, to be honest, what could you even do with Alolan Eeveelutions? You can't remove their normal typing, and I can't really see having anything added to them except maybe Normal or Dragon. Dont' get me wrong, I absolutely adore the Eeveelutions, but let's just keep them as they are.

7. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I wouldn't like to see an Alolan Gyarados or Trubbish. Just... no, thank you.

8. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Alolan Trubbish might actually be an interesting concept. Since Alolan Grimer and Muk eat all of the region's garbage, what would Alolan Trubbish and Garbodor even look like? They couldn't be made of garbage if there's none around.

9. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Huh... Maybe they won't exist in Alola!

But that is an interesting point though. I guess I didn't much pay attention to Grimer/Muk's Pokédex entry c: Maybe they could be made of oil from the ferries travelling between the islands? Unless the muk population takes that too XD

10. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Another Pokémon I wouldn't like to see with Alolan Form would be Doduo/Dodrio. Simply don't like those Pokémon and I think other Pokémon deserve an Alolan Form like Growlithe/Arcanine.

11. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Chansey. How would they even make that work? I'm not a huge fan of Chansey as it is, I'd rather see more interesting Pokémon get Alolan forms like Lapras.

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Alolan Geodu- oh wait

For real, any Pokémon with a mega does not deserve an Alolan form, they already get one boost, pick another Pokémon Pokémon. I would not like to see Chansey or Blissey get new forms since I feel like they are a well known face in a Pokémon center, that we dont see, but when i think of them it is classic. I don't wanna see them butcher this face with a new form.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I really, really don't want to see the pseudo legendaries get an Alola form. They are already really good in most cases and shouldn't get even more boosts to either Power or popularity.

14. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I hope no older gen legendries get alola forms because a) it wouldn't make sense lore wise and b) they're already hyped.

15. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I agree, but I also just don't want to see any more Eeveelutions, period. Maybe that's just me, but as cute as Eevee and it's evolutions are, I don't really like using them in battle and they're starting to feel overrated to me.

I also would not like to see any more Pokémon that look like Alolan Geodude or Alolan Rattata. The color scheme is meh but the design looks so weird that I couldn't bring myself to use either on my team in Moon. I hope no other Pokémon end up looking like them!

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Personally, I like the Eeveelutions quite a bit and hope to see more of them. Honestly, not picking up an Eevee is your own choice. But I do agree with not giving them Alola forms.

And we need those Pokémon that look a bit weird, if every Pokémon was the same, it would be boring.

AeroHail and Wings like this.
  17. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I know I said I thought Eevee was overrated but then I discovered you could catch them on LV and I want my Leafeon

That's true. Usually, the weirder Pokémon grow on me (like Trubbish, oddly enough), but I couldn't bring myself to like Alolan Geodude or Rattata.

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I really don't like them either, but I know some people that do like them. Different things appeal to different audiences.

AeroHail and Wings like this.
  19. Exodus3377

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    People are saying there's going to be an Alolan Jinx that's like a Hula dancer. I don't want that. No. Never...

20. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    I don't want an Alolan Legendray, period. They're legendaries, deities of the Pokémon world! They're already special enough without another form.