1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 7 Alola's Elite Four; Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Bubbles, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    In Sun and Moon the Elite Four consisted of:
    -Hala (Fighting) Lv54-55 Hariyama, Primeape, Bewear, Poliwrath, Crabominable
    -Olivia (Rock) Lv54-55 Relicanth, Carbink, Golem, Probopass, Lycanroc
    -Acerola (Ghost) Lv54-55 Sableye, Drifblim, Dhelmise, Froslass, Palossand
    -Kahili (Flying) Lv54-55 Skarmory, Crobat, Oricorio, Mandibuzz, Toucannon

Similarly...

In Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon the Elite Four consisted of:
    -Molayne (Steel) Lv56-57 Klefki, Bisharp, Magnezone, Metagross, Dugtrio
    -Olivia (Rock) Lv56-57 Armaldo, Cradily, Gigalith, Probopass, Lycanroc
    -Acerola (Ghost) Lv56-57 Banette, Drifblim, Dhelmise, Froslass, Palossand
    -Kahili (Flying) Lv56-57 Braviary, Hawlucha, Oricorio, Mandibuzz, Toucannon

Which Elite Four did you like better? Which was more challenging? Do you think Hala or Molayne was more challenging? Were you hoping there would be more changes in USUM?

I was expecting the Elite Four to be completely different along with their own different theme as well, so I was a bit disappointed. However, it was nice to battle against Molayne! His team was the most challenging for me overall and Steel is a fitting type for the Elite Four, being as it is one of the most well rounded.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’d like to see an elite four that completely breaks the norm by picking Pokémon most would expect to not work and then sweep through a combination of ev/iv, moveset, and coordination. I’d also like for them to be a few levels higher than me...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I admit I had completely forgotten about the flying-type golfer girl up until the E4. Figured she'd either be replaced or given more of a story like Mina was, but alas, no game is made perfect. Molayne's inclusion was a pleasant surprise and I was happy to see him have more of a presence in the games instead of someone who just hovers over Sophocles...but Kahili leaves a lot to be desired.

The battles weren't difficult either since I had a reliable team, but I think as far as impressionable E4 go, nothing will beat gen V (characters) and VI (chamber animations).

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Bit disappointed with the lack of development that Kahili has gotten. I found the SM Elite Four+ Champion fight harder than the one on USUM, but I like Molayne better over Hala.

5. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Only really disappointed in the lack of variety in the Elite Four, but in a way, I suppose it does make sense that the Trial Captains/Island Kahunas (aside from Kahili, I guess?) make up the region's first Elite Four, assuming Kukui couldn't find anyone else to fill the position.

I'm actually glad that they were an actual challenge, tbh. At least in SM; I haven't gone so far as to beat the Pokémon League yet in USUM but I'm expecting similarish difficulty.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It feels kinda lazy that half of them and over half in SM is people you've already battle and beaten. They could have added some completely new people instead of reusing trainers you've already destroyed. But I guess I like USUM's better just because they at least added another one instead of Hala making it so there's only two you've already battled before.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The Sun Moon Elite 4 quickly turned from a hurdle to XP fodder. The USUM E4, particularly Molayne, was a bit more annoying, but nothing too difficult. I liked it.

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Molayne was harder than Hala was, for me at least. In fact, Acerola and Olivia got harder too. And they all had higher levels. Yet I still thought SM had a harder E4 entirely because of Kahili's Skarmory. You can't succeed in the Pokémon League without spamming full restores, according to a very reliable and wise YouTube video. Combine that with Skarmory having sturdy AND entry hazards, and you never get a type advantage for free again. Such a nuisance! In terms of personalities though, only Acerola even slightly appealed to me. The others were forgettable and boring, especially compared to the amazing Alolan characters such as Lillie, Lusamine, Guzma, and Kukui in the original, and just Guzma and Hau in USUM.

9. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I found them sort of difficult, but nothing too major. The switch from Hala to Molayne surprised me, though. Personality-wise though, Kahili had no reason to be there. The others had better personalities, in my opinion.

10. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    Well I liked Olivia as a rock type trainer and me having a team with two normal types and an Incineroar I was scared to go against her, but luckily I had Necrozma to help me beat her glad they included that you could catch him before beating the game.

Since Hala wasn’t in Ultra Moon Molayne was actually pretty easy work him being a steel type trainer my Incineroar helped a lot.

Accerola of course was easy as well because my Incineroar and because she’s a ghost type trainer.

Khaihli wasn’t really that big of a character in my opinion I mean you met hear in her challenge room and then after that we’ll not really much you meet her when you pick up the Flynium Z Crystal and when you get that TM from her at Hano Grand Resort there’s not much of her to go off from. Of course my Lyncanroc Dusk form helped against her thank Hau for that Z-Crystal.

11. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    i had no problems fight them,since i grind pretty hard i think that the E4 in Alola were the easiest IMO

12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I can't recall having much trouble against either versions of the Elite Four. At least, none of them were able to sweep my team.

I think I like USUM's Elite Four a little more purely for the fact that it replaces Hala with Molayne. I've got nothing against Hala; I just liked seeing more of Molayne since his role in the games is pretty small. It was nice to battle him again at the end of the game.