1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Am i only one without shiny??

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Pirate Captain, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    So far I saw a couple of threads about shinies. Bur so far no luck for me. No shiny encouter. Same as in the games.
    Am I always having bad luck with pokemom??
    Who has the same feeling

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Don't worry, a lot of us have not captured shinies on LV yet either! You're in the same boat! (Though in the main games, that's a different story... I've gotten quite a few :P)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Nope it normal :)

4. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    You Are Not Alone In The Site
    (Although I Caught One In The Games, But It Was Free Because Of The Erase Of The Save Game.)

5. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    Glad to hear that hihi
    Nope main games either even without shiny hunting (which I do noy have the patience for) not even a random hatch or encounter.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I've been at this for quite a while - almost since the Catcher was first released, actually. I've yet to capture a shiny species. That doesn't really bother me (it's just a different colour, not much else to add), as I far prefer being able to locate and hunt out the locations of new species - or just things I like.

Most people don't have shinies - we're talking >95%. It is not something to worry about.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I haven't seen another shiny Pokémon since the day they were first announced (I only found 2 that day). I haven't had much luck finding another one since then.

8. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    Hehe alrighti. Guess itw just because a few threads that I had thr idea. Was I only having bad luck lol

OzoneFruit likes this.
  9. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I personally think shinies have way too low a chance rate. Its, what, 1/3000something?

Or at least add more ways to maybe temporarily increase shiny rate?

10. Geroniny

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    I Agree With The Idea On Temporarily Increase.

11. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Yeah, something like Honey. Sparkly Honey? idk

12. Geroniny

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Now We Have Oktoberfest, This Will Be A Great Chance To Temporarily Increase On The Ghost Type Shiny Pokémon.

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I do not have any shinies either but I am sure there here somewhere ;)

14. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    When shinies were first released I believe they had a 1/100 chance of appearing, so for that first week or so a couple people managed to get some much more easily, even though 1% is still very rare (Mewtwo is that rare for example).

Once the encounter rate was changed to 1/4000 they became even more so elusive. For perspective, you have a higher chance of encountering 30 something Mewtwos before a shiny. (Although some sections shinies are easier to find since there are fewer Pokémon that spawn like the intro lobby).

For a while we thought it was impossible to find them because of the low rate, but somehow I managed to stumble upon some, so they are out there... just very very elusive. Just think on average, for every 4000 posts/topics you view only one shiny would appear.

15. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I suppose I'm probably not the best person to be talking, since I've never really played an official Pokémon game, but in all of my knockoffs and on LV I've never even encountered a shiny, let alone catch one - though my shiny Eevee hunt has been long and tedious. But yes, as others have said, there really is an absurdly low chance of finding a shiny on LV and those who have some are really freaking lucky. (or on LV way more than is healthy xD )

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Shinies are pretty rare on LV so many don't have one, the only reason I have any was because of the shiny rush when they first got released where they had a fairly high chance of showing up. I haven't encountered a shiny since the rush sadly despite my best efforts in finding one.

Also the chance on LV is not that absurd 1/4000 is about the encounter rate there was in the games after the chance got double, it was originally something like 1/8000 of finding a shiny iirc.

17. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Me neither... :(

18. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    You aren't tue only one, I am on the list

19. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    Well not long ago I caught a shin6 XD

20. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I shall join the list of not having a shiny.