1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Amiibo In Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Apawn, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    [SIZE=14.6667px]What are your thoughts on Amiibo in Sun and Moon?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]In terms of myself, I'm Pro-Amiibo (Mainly because I own all of the Pokémon {but that shadow Mewtwo card I could care less about} Amiibo, nonetheless) in Sun and Moon. I'd love if the Amiibo could be used for special event Pokémon that could brought into SM with special moves (Z ones perhaps) or forms (That WAS what I thought Ash-Greninja was going to be for). Another idea that would be cool would be if you used characters from other games (Marth from FE for instance), you could get clothing to cosplay as them, which would be so chill (And the ability to paint them too!). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Discuss Below, [/SIZE]@Apawn

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would like the ability to cosplay in the games as other characters from Nintendo games. Using Amiibo to get either Festival Coins or as you said clothing would be very cool, I think. However, I am not a fan of the idea of using Amiibo in fights or spawning in Pokémon. It would take away from the struggle that is part of the experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I totally agree. A couple of Amiibo cosmetic extras would be cool for the folks who really dig that sort of thing but buying Amiibos should never be linked to obtaining Pokémon or Pokémon moves...like, does the original 3DS even support Amiibos? I don't even know, I've never used them for anything. But if not then that just cuts out anybody who doesn't have the latest model console which is still a lot of people out there.

Amiibos for some extra stuff, cool. Being forced to buy extra accessories and peripherals and possibly even new versions of (otherwise the same) hardware in order to get all the Pokémon the game could offer is not cool.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I highly doubt (but still hope) that Amiibo would be a feature in Sun and Moon. There has been no footage or trailers demonstrating the use of Amiibo, and Pokémon hardly ever shows off extravagant features on the last minute. If Amiibo was an applicable feature though, I would love to see Trainers and Pokémon being able to dress up as the respective Nintendo Character. Maybe tapping a Lucario, Charizard and Mewtwo amiibo may quickly allow the trainer to obtain the respective Mega Stones of these Pokémon.

In addition, maybe Amiibo could give cool mini-features in Pokémon Refresh or restore number of Pokebeans etc? Or perhaps upgrade the camera where you can take pictures of Pokémon? Or even upload QR scanners for the Pokémon search! Oh, all the possibilities!

5. gamerz719

gamerz719 gamerz719

Nidodude
    (Nidorino)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.7
    I hope they may trigger a cameo trainer battle with Pokémon/trainers suited to them ash would be greninja Alain would be charizard and so on

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I feel like we won't get amiibo because Game Freak has been way too overprotective of Pokémon in the past. The Pokémon amiibo only have a function in Smash and Mario Maker and even then they didn't even have unique sound clips in Mario Maker.

7. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Yah if they haven't already said something about it yet, its not going to happen

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Personally, I find amiibos a bit over priced and I can not afford such items other than cards. They have been doing a lot of pay to play or pay for features so it may be an option but I do doubt they will include them as part of the game. I really don't support the amiibo movement but it may be that it is just a pain for me to use them since I have an original 3DS and not the new one. I have the Animal Crossing cards so I mean, of course, I would LOVE to see some use for them in other games but probably not Pokémon :sweat:

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Honestly, I don't see any cool uses of Amiibo in Pokémon S&M. If anything, a new PokePark game would make great use of them, but a main series game, in my opinion shouldn't get that "feature." Pokémon main series games have always been "buy the game and you won't have to worry about paying for anything else" and I think Amiibos really take away from that.

10. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Would be nice if you could get special costumes for your player character from certain amiibos, but I'd rather see DLC character costumes tbh. Please give us a Mimikyu costumes GF.

11. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    It'd be cool to see how this would work out if they did use Amiibo's in Pokémon Sun and Moon. I probably wouldn't buy them as they'd probably be a waste (other then having them to collect), but if it included some sort of cool costume I'd probably buy them.

Like for example.. Your character gets a Mario hat if you have a Mario Amiibo. Stuff like that would interest me in buying the Amiibo's.

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    A use could be at the same place where you can battle old trainers, you could scan an amiibo and get a certain battle or special characters with bonuses (gift Pokémon, extra money, pokeballs, etc) to appear. Much like the Join Avenue of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, scan in bonuses and character bonuses

13. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    It would be really nice considering the fact that I don't think the Pokémon Amiibo have any specific use so far. It would be nice if we got get some DLC trainer outfits, or perhaps we can get a Pokémon event from scanning them in.

14. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I was about to say "THERE IS AMIIBO FUNCTIONALITY IN SUN AND MOON?" but then I read the comments and I was like "Ohhhhh there isn't but it'd be cool if there was... I gets it nao." Anyway, yeah amiibo functionality would be pretty sweet honestly. They are already trying so many new things so why not do this as well? I think that you should get a cosmetic piece for each amiibo but if you place a Pokémon amiibo down, you get 10 Pokeballs or something.

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    This is actually something that could work. It would add to the game, but it wouldn't take away from the game. You wouldn't have to have Amiibo to be able to play the game. I have several of them and I would love to see either a battle place or getting costume pieces from the Amiibo. It might be much to hope for, but if Nintendo would do it, I would be happy.