1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

An adorable Minecraft bug I found

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wolf Expert, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    No, it's not bees.

It's a baby llama in clothes!
    [​IMG]

This might already be a well-known bug for all I know. I didn't bother checking, I was just happy to find such an adorable glitch on my own. Assuming no one else has tried this before, I'll just go ahead and post about it.

So apparently the llamas that the wandering traders have, instead of being equipped with carpets that give them that appearance, are given textures/skins with the carpet patterns instead. It kind of makes sense, I guess, since normally carpets can only be put on tamed llamas, and the llamas owned by the traders technically aren't tamed by the player. So this is also kind of a way to get llamas that have semi-unique skins compared to ones you'd normally find. If you don't like the blue carpet pattern, you can also equip them with another color carpet to hide it, but the skins will stay that way underneath the carpet and will always display like this if you later remove the carpet you equipped.

This is actually pretty easy to do. All you need is a wandering trader with some llamas and a creeper. You might also be able to do this through other, more intentional means (drowing the trader, using tnt, etc.) but I'm not sure since I just did it by accident. Normally, if you try to kill a wandering trader, the llamas will turn hostile and attack you, but if the trader is killed by anything other than the player, they won't aggro. After the trader dies, the llama's AI kind of breaks and they just turn into regular llamas, except with the carpet patterned skins. (You also get some free leads that the trader was previously using) You can tame them, put leads on them, ride them around and, yes, even breed them. And of course the baby llamas inherit the skins of the parents, so you end up with a mini-llama in clothes.

Just as a disclaimer, normally after a while the llamas and the trader will despawn together. I assume there's some sort of timer written into their code for this, so I don't know one way or the other if the trader dying gets rid of this or not in the same way it sets their AI back to the default llama AI. I assume that it would but I'll have to wait to find out. My guess is that the reason their AIs reset is because the trader and the llamas kind of had a joint AI when they're together, sort of like they're a singular entity, and when the trader died, the trader AI died with it. Kind of like breaking a multi-block structure and making it nonfunctional. If that is how it works, hopefully the timer was linked to the trader and its death means the llamas won't despawn.

Anyway, the potential of them despawning is actually the reason I tried breeding them in the first place. I don't think the baby llama should inherit that timer if it does turn out that it's a part of their code that doesn't go away, but I'm not 100% sure about that either.

I'll update later when I find out for sure whether they despawn or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    That's a pretty cool find!

And an adorable llama... :love:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wolf Expert likes this.